In political messaging wars, White House deploys a Twitter army

Nov 3, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Reuters

Besieged by unflattering stories about the launch of President Barack Obama's healthcare program, the White House saw a news report that it wanted to swiftly knock down.

Comments
1 - 20 of 27 Comments Last updated Nov 5, 2013
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
lolol

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2013

Judged:

just proves that the twitterverse is the realm of twits

Since: Mar 08

Allentown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2013

Judged:

Obama has planted a zillion robo repeaters on Twitter. They are a marvel to behold.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2013

Judged:

LookingToEscape wrote:
Obama has planted a zillion robo repeaters on Twitter. They are a marvel to behold.
yes, the POTUS actually planted people to twitter...
what at tool you are...
did they ride the UFOs to their designated twitter spots?
sheesh!

Allentown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2013

Judged:

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>yes, the POTUS actually planted people to twitter...
what at tool you are...
did they ride the UFOs to their designated twitter spots?
sheesh!
They hatched from green pods no less.
I assumed you were smart enough to understand my point. I apologize for the overreach and in the future will keep my expectations for you much much more modest. Knowing you live in MN and are a liberal, your brain is probably ready to go into hibernation.
Twitter is loaded with Obama bots, all repeating the same message over and over and over. It's a marvel to behold.
TedsLiver

Oakland, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2013

Judged:

Team Obama is more like the twit army.
Eric Gustafson

Newport News, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2013

Judged:

As if the Republicans Marketing campaigns on Death Panels wasn't the most bizarre political strategy in the history of political campaigns and also effective was those black market campaigns claiming Obama was a Kenyan and not natural born citizen?

The GOP took advantage of the intellectual divide in their Base and continues to ride those lies and exaggerations for any advantage.
LookingToEscape wrote:
<quoted text>
They hatched from green pods no less.
I assumed you were smart enough to understand my point. I apologize for the overreach and in the future will keep my expectations for you much much more modest. Knowing you live in MN and are a liberal, your brain is probably ready to go into hibernation.
Twitter is loaded with Obama bots, all repeating the same message over and over and over. It's a marvel to behold.

Allentown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2013

Judged:

Eric Gustafson wrote:
As if the Republicans Marketing campaigns on Death Panels wasn't the most bizarre political strategy in the history of political campaigns and also effective was those black market campaigns claiming Obama was a Kenyan and not natural born citizen?
The GOP took advantage of the intellectual divide in their Base and continues to ride those lies and exaggerations for any advantage.
<quoted text>
The death panels do exist as an advisory panel to recommend "best practices". This group can codify any treatment process. The young girl who needed a lung transplant and was refused is a good example of best practices. She is the beginning under ObamaCare.
The Kenyan thing wouldn't have been much of an issue if Obama wasn't such an elitist leftist. He undermined his own image.
The GOP will go no where being Democrat Party Lite. They do have to create a unified message and present a strong alternative to the Democrats. Despite negative media spin, the partial shut down got the Democrats to do something they haven't done in years... start dealing with the budget in a serious manner.
Cat74

Mchenry, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2013

Judged:

Americans have come to the conclusion the Democrats will lie about anything, Obamacare just being the last lie, and the biggest. They cannot put lipstick on that pig. Their website is down again. They can't fix this thing by the end of November, unless they are talking about November 2016.
Obama is a Horses Rosette

Bohemia, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2013

Judged:

Everyone on the Obama White House staff received an autographed copy of "Twitter for Dummies", with the inscription: "Thanks for being a loyal liar ~ BHO."
Eric Gustafson

Newport News, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

Judged:

That little girls situation had absolutely nothing to do with ACA. Unfortunately she was subject to the decisions of the bean counters at her Insurance Company not her physician's decision.

But the Kenyan thing as you call it was the most effective marketing campaign of the Republicans since the Ronald Reagan Willie Horton campaign, and Cadillac driving Welfare Queens

The GOP has perfected playing racial stereotype for votes from dishwashing Republicans at the base of their party.

The Democrats are the only party who has not tripled or doubled America's National Debt.... We didn't have a debt problem before Ronald Reagan in 1980 and George Bush in 2001.
LookingToEscape wrote:
<quoted text>
The death panels do exist as an advisory panel to recommend "best practices". This group can codify any treatment process. The young girl who needed a lung transplant and was refused is a good example of best practices. She is the beginning under ObamaCare.
The Kenyan thing wouldn't have been much of an issue if Obama wasn't such an elitist leftist. He undermined his own image.
The GOP will go no where being Democrat Party Lite. They do have to create a unified message and present a strong alternative to the Democrats. Despite negative media spin, the partial shut down got the Democrats to do something they haven't done in years... start dealing with the budget in a serious manner.
Eric Gustafson

Newport News, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

Judged:

Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>Obama doubled Bush's debt in four year instead of Bush's 8. Your champ or chump wins hands down........and ears up.
you're either confused by numbers or dyslexic

Allentown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

Judged:

Eric Gustafson wrote:
That little girls situation had absolutely nothing to do with ACA. Unfortunately she was subject to the decisions of the bean counters at her Insurance Company not her physician's decision.
But the Kenyan thing as you call it was the most effective marketing campaign of the Republicans since the Ronald Reagan Willie Horton campaign, and Cadillac driving Welfare Queens
The GOP has perfected playing racial stereotype for votes from dishwashing Republicans at the base of their party.
The Democrats are the only party who has not tripled or doubled America's National Debt.... We didn't have a debt problem before Ronald Reagan in 1980 and George Bush in 2001.
<quoted text>
Actually, her parents had to fight the federal government to get the transplant.
I recall Democrats calling Romney a rich white Republican. Democrats continually ignore the non white part of the GOP. This is racism at it's finest.
200 years and the Democrats STILL can not get race right.
Obama has no problem increasing debt and if it weren't for the Republicans in congress, the debt would be much higher. Obama in his last budget has pretty much said the debt will continue to grow under him, just at a slightly lower rate. At least he admits to it.
Eric Gustafson

Newport News, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

Judged:

America's debt is driven by the Financial obligations tied around the throat of America by George Bush and the Republican free spending spree in expanding the Federal Government, 2 Wars, the Medicare Part D Prescription Plan, the Two rounds of historic tax cuts all of which have an impact on America's finances for a decade after Bush and those Republicans who signed on to that spending, as federal tax revenues were being decreased from those tax policies.

The debt isn't new spending, it's old commitments lashed onto the backs of America by Bush and his cronies.
LookingToEscape wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, her parents had to fight the federal government to get the transplant.
I recall Democrats calling Romney a rich white Republican. Democrats continually ignore the non white part of the GOP. This is racism at it's finest.
Obama has no problem increasing debt and if it weren't for the Republicans in congress, the debt would be much higher. Obama in his last budget has pretty much said the debt will continue to grow under him, just at a slightly lower rate. At least he admits to it.
Eric Gustafson

Newport News, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

Judged:

The federal Government doesn't run or control any of the multiple organ transplant programs, they are independently managed.

The parents weren't fighting the Federal Government, you made that up to fit your narrative.... ROFLMAO.... they were squabbling with private organizations regarding their established criteria and policies.
LookingToEscape wrote:
<quoted text>
Sterkfontein Swartkrans

Lambertville, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

Judged:

Given the fact that the law was written by insurance and drug lobbyists and most in government admitted they did not know what was in the bill this backpedaling should come as no surprise! once again obama has served his corporate masters well!!
Cat74

Elgin, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

Judged:

Of course they have a twitter Army. They could never be elected in an honest, clean, one on one election. They have to cheat, and on election day buy votes, threaten, coerce and lie about their candidate. This Obamacare thing is not going away, nor is the Benghazi mess, the IRS scandal, and on, and on. Ghetto politics at it's best. Watch them steal the Virginia election tomorrow.

Allentown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

Judged:

Eric Gustafson wrote:
America's debt is driven by the Financial obligations tied around the throat of America by George Bush and the Republican free spending spree in expanding the Federal Government, 2 Wars, the Medicare Part D Prescription Plan, the Two rounds of historic tax cuts all of which have an impact on America's finances for a decade after Bush and those Republicans who signed on to that spending, as federal tax revenues were being decreased from those tax policies.
The debt isn't new spending, it's old commitments lashed onto the backs of America by Bush and his cronies.
<quoted text>
I will be glad to continue this conversation after you learn more about it.
Eric Gustafson

Newport News, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

Judged:

LookingToEscape wrote:
<quoted text>
I will be glad to continue this conversation after you learn more about it.
Did you think. as most Republicans do that the Historic Tax Cuts in 2001 & 2003, or the Medicare Part D program in 2006, or there was no cost involved in Sending Troops to two war fronts, and the rebuilding of Iraqi's Infrastructure was Free?

America was running surpluses with the budget and had been for 3 years prior until the Republicans took over Jan 20, 2001.
Eric Gustafson

Newport News, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

Judged:

Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>Yawn, too bad sane people see you as the weak link in the Obama chain.
Is that the Alinsky in your roaring this afternoon, what did you say, Attack first if you can't refute, yea that's how you put it..... ROFLMAO
Eleanor

Mundelein, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

Seems as if the Obama Administration has taken lessons from "Baghdad Bob" (former Information Minister in Iraq).

That man could lie and twist and repeat outragous stories and make them ALMOST seem believable (if ONLY they were true).

Here are samples of his work AFTER the U.S. invasion:

"There are no American infidels in Baghdad. Never!"

"My feelings - as usual - we will slaughter them all"

"Our initial assessment is that they will all die"

http://humor.beecy.net/misc/baghdadbob/

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••