Paul Ryan promises hate group that he...

Paul Ryan promises hate group that he'll fight equality

There are 5444 comments on the www.wisconsingazette.com story from Oct 9, 2012, titled Paul Ryan promises hate group that he'll fight equality. In it, www.wisconsingazette.com reports that:

In a recent interview with Focus on the Family president Jim Daly, Paul Ryan reassured the anti-gay hate group that a Romney-Ryan administration will fiercely oppose gay rights.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.wisconsingazette.com.

First Prev
of 273
Next Last
Ritual Habitual

Spring, TX

#6083 Jan 19, 2016
Some thought it would be Trey Gowdy, but he seems to lag back when it comes down to it.
Until the Hilly Deal, I hadn't heard much about him and even less about Nikki Haley.
The next few weeks in Iowa should be interesting. The "Circus" has come to town.
Don Ovana

North Billerica, MA

#6084 Jan 20, 2016
Even though I am gay I believe that we should leave other peoples religions alone if we don't believe in it in the first place. Why don't some of the Liberals that want special rights such as gay marriage create their own religion instead of invading someone elses only to change it. All that said I am find with a civil union. HOWEVER as far as other matters I do believe a lot of work needs to be done to ensure that gays have equal rights. But it becomes a complex issue when any group starts to impose on the rights of another. We can't forget that we are ALL part of a larger community. Both Democrats & Republicans need to realize that equal doesn't necessarily mean becoming pushy, shovey and sticky fingered.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#6085 Jan 20, 2016
Marriage isn't a special right--rights pertain to the law, not religion. Nobody can force any church to adopt, perform, or accept SSM, although members can certainly petition the ruling body for it.

Equal means equal; equal rights apply to all people or they aren't equal.
Don Ovana wrote:
Even though I am gay I believe that we should leave other peoples religions alone if we don't believe in it in the first place. Why don't some of the Liberals that want special rights such as gay marriage create their own religion instead of invading someone elses only to change it. All that said I am find with a civil union. HOWEVER as far as other matters I do believe a lot of work needs to be done to ensure that gays have equal rights. But it becomes a complex issue when any group starts to impose on the rights of another. We can't forget that we are ALL part of a larger community. Both Democrats & Republicans need to realize that equal doesn't necessarily mean becoming pushy, shovey and sticky fingered.

Since: Apr 11

Panorama City, CA

#6086 Jan 20, 2016
Don Ovana wrote:
Even though I am gay I believe that we should leave other peoples religions alone if we don't believe in it in the first place. Why don't some of the Liberals that want special rights such as gay marriage
How is gay marriage a special right? Anybody can marry someone of the same sex.
Don Ovana wrote:
create their own religion instead of invading someone elses only to change it. All that said I am find with a civil union.
Get one.
Don Ovana wrote:
HOWEVER as far as other matters I do believe a lot of work needs to be done to ensure that gays have equal rights. But it becomes a complex issue when any group starts to impose on the rights of another. We can't forget that we are ALL part of a larger community. Both Democrats & Republicans need to realize that equal doesn't necessarily mean becoming pushy, shovey and sticky fingered.

Wonder where the civil rights movement would have gone if Rosa Parks had said, "Hey, it's the same bus, and I'd don't want to be pushy."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 273
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 2 min Jay 233,025
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 2 min Dogen 201,261
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min Chicagoan by Birth 1,404,270
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 4 min NotSoDivineMsM 391,256
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... 6 min Mikey 5,415
News Pro-Sanders demonstrators march in the swelteri... 6 min gwww 34
News Trump bounces into the lead 7 min ima-Ilis Myka Ash... 79
News Hacked emails show Democratic party hostility t... 13 min NotSoDivineMsM 174
News Despite her many roles, Hillary Clinton still h... 25 min gwww 227
More from around the web