Paul Ryan promises hate group that he...

Paul Ryan promises hate group that he'll fight equality

There are 5444 comments on the www.wisconsingazette.com story from Oct 9, 2012, titled Paul Ryan promises hate group that he'll fight equality. In it, www.wisconsingazette.com reports that:

In a recent interview with Focus on the Family president Jim Daly, Paul Ryan reassured the anti-gay hate group that a Romney-Ryan administration will fiercely oppose gay rights.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.wisconsingazette.com.

lides

“No Headline available”

Since: Jan 08

Defiance, Ohio

#5586 Dec 14, 2012
Jane Dough wrote:
Yup, two in fact.
But they fell off the fence, who is left?
Jane, the state interest you assert support your position have been utterly dismantled logically. They don't stand up to the slightest scrutiny. Feel free to make a case for them, I don't think you can.
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#5587 Dec 14, 2012
cpeter1313 wrote:
How does someone FORCE you to accept anything? <quoted text>
You're right. No one can. It's all the 'in your face' attempts that are annoying.

Since: Aug 12

Buffalo, NY

#5588 Dec 14, 2012
Ray wrote:
Homosexuality is immoral and an affront on society. Forcing people to accept "gay marriage" is like forcing people to accept funding for abortions.
An AFFRONT on society?
Election results reflect the mood of society thus considering nov. election results. Your mentality is the affront To society.

Since: Apr 11

Santa Monica, CA

#5591 Dec 14, 2012
Jane Dough wrote:
<quoted text>
and the standing scotus caselaw addresses this precisely:
"Petitioners note that the state does not impose upon heterosexual married couples a condition that they have a proved capacity or declared willingness to procreate, posing a rhetorical demand that this court must read such condition into the statute if same-sex marriages are to be prohibited. Even assuming that such a condition would be neither unrealistic nor offensive under the Griswold rationale, the classification is no more than theoretically imperfect. We are reminded, however, that "abstract symmetry" is not demanded by the Fourteenth Amendment."
nothing is a requirement of marriage, not love, not commitment, nothing...
are you saying marriage has no connection to these things as well?
But there ARE legal requirements for marriage. If there weren't, there would be nothing to debate. But since the ability to reproduce isn't one of those requirements, it's a non-issue.

Since: Apr 11

Santa Monica, CA

#5592 Dec 14, 2012
Ray wrote:
Homosexuality is immoral and an affront on society. Forcing people to accept "gay marriage" is like forcing people to accept funding for abortions.
One of the stupidest arguments against gay marriage is that people will have to accept it. Nobody can force you to be rational. You are free to believe absurd things like "homosexuality is immoral". No law can turn you into a rational, intelligent human being.

Since: Apr 11

Santa Monica, CA

#5593 Dec 14, 2012
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
What a revelation! I think crayons may be a little advanced for you. If you want to deal in facts you should refer to Jane as a man, because he is. You should refer to yourself as Justice Dumbass because you are.
If a man and a woman allpied for a marriage license how would the clerk know they were infertile?
Doesn't matter, you can be infertile and marry.
Wondering wrote:
If a same sex couple applied for a marriage license the clerk would know they are an infertile couple.
Well, you can be infertile and marry, so, um, so what?
Wondering wrote:
Do you know where children come from? Hint, it isn't the stork.
That's nice.
TheTroll Stopper

Roanoke, VA

#5594 Dec 14, 2012
Ray wrote:
Homophobia is immoral and an affront on society. Forcing gay people to accept discriminatory legislation is like forcing blacks to sit in the back of the bus.
There, fixed that for you. You're welcome.
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#5595 Dec 15, 2012
Buffalo Bull wrote:
<quoted text>
An AFFRONT on society?
Election results reflect the mood of society thus considering nov. election results. Your mentality is the affront To society.
Do you think Obama won re-election because he supports gay marriage? That would be an affront to human intelligence.

Since: Aug 12

Buffalo, NY

#5596 Dec 15, 2012
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you think Obama won re-election because he supports gay marriage? That would be an affront to human intelligence.
The Presidents re-election was not solely based upon his support for gay marriage. However the issue was on the ballot in several states and won.
Finally it is a reasonable assumption that the social conservatives were largely responsible for the outcome.
GOP Senate candidates talking about legitimate rape.
Rich Santorum and Rush ranting about woman who use birth control being whores .
I would say these guys went out of their way to offend as many independents and woman as possible. Any sober look at the election polling data tell you that these people were turned off by this kind of politics., and voted overwhelmingly for the President.
If the social cons had just shut up Romney may have won.
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#5597 Dec 15, 2012
Buffalo Bull wrote:
<quoted text>
The Presidents re-election was not solely based upon his support for gay marriage. However the issue was on the ballot in several states and won.
Finally it is a reasonable assumption that the social conservatives were largely responsible for the outcome.
GOP Senate candidates talking about legitimate rape.
Rich Santorum and Rush ranting about woman who use birth control being whores .
I would say these guys went out of their way to offend as many independents and woman as possible. Any sober look at the election polling data tell you that these people were turned off by this kind of politics., and voted overwhelmingly for the President.
If the social cons had just shut up Romney may have won.
Romney is unelectable. The man is an elitest. Then you have republicans saying that the female body will reject the sperm of a rapist. They are a bunch of fruit cakes. Just have to look at John Boehner and see that he's not the brightest bulb on the tree.
If they don't settle this fiscal cliff issue the republicans will be blamed and will get slaughtered next election. Boehner doesn't seem to understand that taxes on the wealthy are going up with or without a resolution.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#5598 Dec 15, 2012
America is clearly tired of the teabaggers, but romney lost it the moment he made the "47%" remark. Every attempt he made to ditch his cold and aloof rep went down the drain at that moment. Even voters who weren't receiving assistance understood they COULD end up needing help until the economy is more stable.
Buffalo Bull wrote:
<quoted text>
The Presidents re-election was not solely based upon his support for gay marriage. However the issue was on the ballot in several states and won.
Finally it is a reasonable assumption that the social conservatives were largely responsible for the outcome.
GOP Senate candidates talking about legitimate rape.
Rich Santorum and Rush ranting about woman who use birth control being whores .
I would say these guys went out of their way to offend as many independents and woman as possible. Any sober look at the election polling data tell you that these people were turned off by this kind of politics., and voted overwhelmingly for the President.
If the social cons had just shut up Romney may have won.

“Luke laughs at hypocrites!”

Since: Sep 10

Palm Springs, California

#5599 Dec 15, 2012
cpeter1313 wrote:
America is clearly tired of the teabaggers, but romney lost it the moment he made the "47%" remark. Every attempt he made to ditch his cold and aloof rep went down the drain at that moment. Even voters who weren't receiving assistance understood they COULD end up needing help until the economy is more stable.
<quoted text>
Does anyone know who the hero was who recorded that infamous speech? I heard he was a bartender. If so, kudos! He got way more than minimum wage that night!

Some will claim him to be a sneak or a bad person but bad for what? For showing the truth? Good little teabaggers LIKE stuff to be hidden.

Anyway, that bartender or whoever literally changed history with that taping and I thank him for it.

Since: Apr 11

Panorama City, CA

#5600 Dec 15, 2012
Buffalo Bull wrote:
<quoted text>
The Presidents re-election was not solely based upon his support for gay marriage. However the issue was on the ballot in several states and won.
Finally it is a reasonable assumption that the social conservatives were largely responsible for the outcome.
GOP Senate candidates talking about legitimate rape.
Rich Santorum and Rush ranting about woman who use birth control being whores .
I would say these guys went out of their way to offend as many independents and woman as possible. Any sober look at the election polling data tell you that these people were turned off by this kind of politics., and voted overwhelmingly for the President.
If the social cons had just shut up Romney may have won.
Speaking of insulting people...
Romney and his "47%" comment...

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#5601 Dec 15, 2012
Jane Dough wrote:
<quoted text>
WOow, pete and repeat...
from lides?
no way!
I understand the frustrations between both you and lides.

Can I ask what your problem is with gay marriage.... What is it hurting... Why should we add hurdles to keep gays from being together and sharing the same rights as a heterosexual couples ...

I don't mean to sound arrogant. I genuinely am interested in the answers . I think it's because I am wondering if it all really does just come down to religion. Religion seems to be the only thing that really makes people feel that homosexual love is below heterosexual love.... Well religion and personal taste.... I am a Pepsi man and Coke makes me gag.... but I'm not going to try to make all the beverages I do not like illegal. I'm not trying to outlaw country music festivals because I like rock.

So I guess what I'm trying to say is I don't understand how is anything beyond religion and personal preference.
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#5602 Dec 16, 2012
EmpAtheist wrote:
Religion seems to be the only thing that really makes people feel that homosexual love is below heterosexual love.... Well religion and personal taste....
Homosexual couples can't offer their kids a mother and a father.
Homosexual couples don't create the next generation.
Homosexual couples do not have complimentary genitalia.
Even pipes and nut & bolts have male and female parts and wouldn't be useful without them.

I've always considered my relationship with my spouse private. I don't go into elementary schools and try to convince any children that my relationship is normal. You have a right to be gay. You have a right to the partner of your choice. You have a right to practice sex in any way you wish. You have no right to try and teach other people's children that you and your practices are normal. That has no place in our public schools.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#5603 Dec 16, 2012
None of this has anything to do with marriage.
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
Homosexual couples can't offer their kids a mother and a father.
Homosexual couples don't create the next generation.
Homosexual couples do not have complimentary genitalia.
Even pipes and nut & bolts have male and female parts and wouldn't be useful without them.
I've always considered my relationship with my spouse private. I don't go into elementary schools and try to convince any children that my relationship is normal. You have a right to be gay. You have a right to the partner of your choice. You have a right to practice sex in any way you wish. You have no right to try and teach other people's children that you and your practices are normal. That has no place in our public schools.

Since: Aug 12

Buffalo, NY

#5604 Dec 16, 2012
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Speaking of insulting people...
Romney and his "47%" comment...
the rape comments
47%
how about self depotation

the part that is truely scary

Ronmey still got 48%

Let us not get too hi on this win.
After the dust settles.
The cons will attempt to put on a nice, human face and will go ahead knowing that they only need to fool one in ten in order to win would Rubio be the one who fools just enough in the soft middle to carry thier baldersquat into the Oval Office
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#5605 Dec 16, 2012
Buffalo Bull wrote:
<quoted text>
the rape comments
47%
how about self depotation
the part that is truely scary
Ronmey still got 48%
Let us not get too hi on this win.
After the dust settles.
The cons will attempt to put on a nice, human face and will go ahead knowing that they only need to fool one in ten in order to win would Rubio be the one who fools just enough in the soft middle to carry thier baldersquat into the Oval Office
I think what happens over the next 4 years will determine the next election.

Since: Aug 12

Buffalo, NY

#5606 Dec 16, 2012
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
Homosexual couples can't offer their kids a mother and a father.
Homosexual couples don't create the next generation.
Homosexual couples do not have complimentary genitalia.
Even pipes and nut & bolts have male and female parts and wouldn't be useful without them.
I've always considered my relationship with my spouse private. I don't go into elementary schools and try to convince any children that my relationship is normal. You have a right to be gay. You have a right to the partner of your choice. You have a right to practice sex in any way you wish. You have no right to try and teach other people's children that you and your practices are normal. That has no place in our public schools.
and children will never notice homosexuals?
When the topic comes up what is a teacher to say?
nothing and ignore a students valid curiousity?
How about the teacher inject their personal political or religious opinion.

The only rational way to educate is to explore information
You learn squat from silence
If the circulium isn't advanced enough to be able to recognize the possibility of positive gay relationships you have casterated that portion of thier education.
The question is should allow your irrational fear alter our kids education

“Luke laughs at hypocrites!”

Since: Sep 10

Palm Springs, California

#5607 Dec 16, 2012
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
Homosexual couples can't offer their kids a mother and a father.
Homosexual couples don't create the next generation.
Homosexual couples do not have complimentary genitalia.
Even pipes and nut & bolts have male and female parts and wouldn't be useful without them.
I've always considered my relationship with my spouse private. I don't go into elementary schools and try to convince any children that my relationship is normal. You have a right to be gay. You have a right to the partner of your choice. You have a right to practice sex in any way you wish. You have no right to try and teach other people's children that you and your practices are normal. That has no place in our public schools.
Single parents can't offer their kids a mother and a father.
Single parents don't create the next generation.
Single parents only have one set of genitalia.
Even a pipe and nut and bolt is neutral when in the tool box alone.
Do you hate single parents as much also? Too bad, there are MILLIONS of them out there. Also non traditional families, aunts, grandmothers, uncles, cousins, older siblings, and so on.

"Leave it to Beaver" was canceled in 1964. So was your view on society.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 2 min AMERICAN SUNSHINE 262,572
News Trump order has Ohioa s undocumented immigrants... 7 min Geezer 9
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 10 min Dr Guru 239,573
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 10 min sonicfilter 1,509,817
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 11 min Aura Mytha 220,743
News Collapse of Obamacare repeal plan puts Freedom ... 15 min Retribution 212
Gay Skype !! 15 min Name below 130
News Fights erupt at pro-Trump rally on California b... 1 hr Ronald 163
News Ellison says Democrats must fight Republicans a... 1 hr Retribution 173
More from around the web