Paul Ryan promises hate group that he'll fight equality

Oct 9, 2012 Full story: www.wisconsingazette.com 5,438

In a recent interview with Focus on the Family president Jim Daly, Paul Ryan reassured the anti-gay hate group that a Romney-Ryan administration will fiercely oppose gay rights.

Full Story
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#4064 Nov 22, 2012
cpeter1313 wrote:
Off the message board, you're just another bigot. Between the rising popular mndate and the ever-increasing court triumphs, you and your kind are becoming superfluous.
<quoted text>
Me, and my kind, aren't trying to convince anyone that your disorder is normal.
Give up the sales pitch, no one's buying it.
spud

Brooklyn, NY

#4065 Nov 22, 2012
cpeter1313 wrote:
Believe me, absolutely no gay people give a crap about your approval.
<quoted text>
Who are you kidding. Any time someone disagrees with you it's teabagger this or bigot that. To say that you don't crave approval is ridiculous.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#4066 Nov 22, 2012
spud wrote:
<quoted text>How can there be equal protection regarding state laws if their laws are all different? Can the federal government force the states to change their laws so that they're all the same? The lagal drinking age would be one simple example. If you wanna argue for gay marriage, I would think that it's more of a civil rights issue. As for having nothing to do with religion, you're right until it comes to teaching it in school. Every religion I'm aware of is against homosexuality, therefore it shouldn't be hard to understand why many parents don't want it taught to their children in elementary schools, Personally, I don't agree with homosexuality but it's none of my business what you people do. If a state wants to allow homosexual marriages, that's OK. I just don't wanna see it or be preached to about how normal it is. I truly believe there would be alot more acceptance of homosexuals if they weren't so insistant on displaying it and wanting everyones approval about it.
so your saying gays shhould stay in te closet...nice 1800th century view point.

how bout you never speak of your loved ones in public. or show pictures of them. or wear a wedding ring. no-one cares about you flaunting your sexuality like that...
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#4068 Nov 22, 2012
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>
1. so your saying gays shhould stay in te closet...nice 1800th century view point.
2. how bout you never speak of your loved ones in public. or show pictures of them. or wear a wedding ring. no-one cares about you flaunting your sexuality like that...
1. How about they just be themselves and mind their own business?
2. But all of that is normal, even gays have a mother and father. If it bothers you, you don't have to look at the pictures. I wish I could say the same for those elementary school kids in Lexington that were forced to read gay story books.

Since: Mar 07

The entire US of A

#4069 Nov 22, 2012
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
Those don't require a license, marriage does. Most states won't give you one, doing so is against the law.
And that's changing rapidly, now. Thank Goodness.
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#4073 Nov 22, 2012
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
And that's changing rapidly, now. Thank Goodness.
Rapidly?

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#4074 Nov 22, 2012
All the research and medical authorities say it isn't a disorder. You have nothing to back up your claim to the contrary. I'm still waiting for one of you morons to demontrate how homosexuality fits the established criteria for mental illness.
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>

Indianapolis

#4075 Nov 22, 2012
How do the two equate? I'm merely pointing out your lack of intellectual ability; why would I want a moron's approval?
spud wrote:
<quoted text>Who are you kidding. Any time someone disagrees with you it's teabagger this or bigot that. To say that you don't crave approval is ridiculous.
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#4077 Nov 22, 2012
cpeter1313 wrote:
1. All the research and medical authorities say it isn't a disorder.
2. You have nothing to back up your claim to the contrary. I'm still waiting for one of you morons to demontrate how homosexuality fits the established criteria for mental illness.
<quoted text>
1. No they don't, not all of them, just one. The GayPA.
2. Screw your criteria. I just have to see two guys or two girls together publicly displaying affection. I know that isn't normal. I don't need any science or study to reassure me.
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

#4078 Nov 22, 2012
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
1. How about they just be themselves and mind their own business?
2. But all of that is normal, even gays have a mother and father. If it bothers you, you don't have to look at the pictures. I wish I could say the same for those elementary school kids in Lexington that were forced to read gay story books.
Yes.... the poor children..... having to go to school so they can be educated to be a productive member of society.... what a travesty.

“No Headline available”

Since: Jan 08

Defiance, Ohio

#4079 Nov 22, 2012
Wondering wrote:
You and your kind, can't accept the simple reality that medical science does not classify homosexuality as a mental disorder.

I have challenged you, time and time again, to cite ANY reputable medical, scientific, or academic study or organization that DOES classify homosexuality as such and you have consistently FAILED to do so.

Merely reaffirming your own opinion does nothing to factually support your position.
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

#4080 Nov 22, 2012
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
2. Screw your criteria. I just have to see two guys or two girls together publicly displaying affection. I know that isn't normal. I don't need any science or study to reassure me.
1. Yes they do.... and that makes you crazy.

“No Headline available”

Defiance, Ohio

#4081 Nov 22, 2012
Wondering wrote:
Of course you donít need facts to support your bigoted opinion. You donít care about what is true, so much as what you want to believe.

Hereís some cold hard fact, Sparky. Homosexuals are people, the US Constitution is the law, and marriage is a protection of the law in every state in the union. The US Constitution mandates that state provide all persons (which would include homosexuals) equal protection of the laws.

Your personal opinion that some people are lesser people who should be treated as second class citizens with less than equal protection of the laws is a) unconstitutional, b) un-American, and c) exactly what tyrants the world over propose. Fortunately you lack the intelligence or ambition to ever be in any position of even modest power, so your bigoted opinion is irrelevant.

Keep your bigoted idiocy coming, all your posts do are destroy your own credibility.
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#4082 Nov 22, 2012
lides wrote:
<quoted text>
1. You and your kind, can't accept the simple reality that medical science does not classify homosexuality as a mental disorder.
2. I have challenged you, time and time again, to cite ANY reputable medical, scientific, or academic study or organization that DOES classify homosexuality as such and you have consistently FAILED to do so.
3. Merely reaffirming your own opinion does nothing to factually support your position.
1. I don't need convincing.
2. I've presented the opposing challege. You, and others, have consistently FAILED.
3. I know abnormal when I see it.
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#4083 Nov 22, 2012
lides wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course you donít need facts to support your bigoted opinion. You donít care about what is true, so much as what you want to believe.
I've been presented with no facts from any credible organization indicating that homosexuality is normal. I do know why I call you Justice Dumbass though, because it's true.

“No Headline available”

Defiance, Ohio

#4084 Nov 22, 2012
Wondering wrote:
I've been presented with no facts from any credible organization indicating that homosexuality is normal. I do know why I call you Justice Dumbass though, because it's true.
Wondering, you are the one making the argument that homosexuality "isn't normal", which is an infantile argument to make. Normalcy is irrelevant, because what is normal is subjective and changes with the view of the individual. Clearly, you will never see homosexuality as normal, and it is your right to hold that bigoted opinion.

What IS at issue, is your argument that homosexuality is a mental disorder, an argument that has been abandoned by EVERY reputable medical, scientific, and academic organization, and which you have UTTERLY FAILED to support with factual evidence.

It is not my fault that you lack the intelligence to assemble even the most basic factual defense of your OPINION.

“Engaged to the love of my life”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#4085 Nov 22, 2012
lides wrote:
<quoted text>
Wondering, you are the one making the argument that homosexuality "isn't normal", which is an infantile argument to make. Normalcy is irrelevant, because what is normal is subjective and changes with the view of the individual. Clearly, you will never see homosexuality as normal, and it is your right to hold that bigoted opinion.
What IS at issue, is your argument that homosexuality is a mental disorder, an argument that has been abandoned by EVERY reputable medical, scientific, and academic organization, and which you have UTTERLY FAILED to support with factual evidence.
It is not my fault that you lack the intelligence to assemble even the most basic factual defense of your OPINION.
Wonderbread just keeps digging his hole deeper and deeper...I wonder what he'll do when he reaches China? Find a new digging spot for his stupidity?

Indianapolis

#4086 Nov 22, 2012
1) Yep--AMA, AAP, etc.

2) In other words, you are a fool and a bigot--willfully ignorant and narcissistic. Your worldview is so narrow, you have no right to judge anyone.
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

#4087 Nov 22, 2012
lides wrote:
<quoted text>
Ask him to define "normal" and then watch him squirm out from under it.
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

#4088 Nov 22, 2012
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
Define credible.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Obama wants an election about the economy, not him 3 min barefoot2626 518
Bachmann Gets Security Detail After Isis T... 3 min Shinichiro Takizawa 17
The President has failed us (Jun '12) 4 min X -Man- 269,872
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min devilinabluedress 1,125,440
GOP types accused of 'thinly-veiled racism' for... 4 min Chicagoan by Birth 177
Who do you side with in Ferguson? 6 min antenoa 6,668
travel channel 6 min sleeper awaken 1
Anti-gay Tenn. billboard stirs religion debate 33 min cpeter1313 1,430
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 1 hr Subduction Zone 120,871
Justices allow Texas to enforce strict voter ID... 2 hr cancer suxs 130