Gay marriage supporters take fight to courts

May 29, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Chicago Tribune

Carlos Briones, left, and Richard Rykhus, of Evanston, are plaintiffs in the ACLU suit.

Comments
161 - 180 of 221 Comments Last updated Jun 12, 2012

“IT'S TIME TO ELIMINATE”

Since: Mar 11

PROP 8 AND DOMA!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2012

Judged:

luv Sarah Palin wrote:
<quoted text>
Welcome to the GOP.
"More self-identified gay voters chose the GOP in the midterm elections than in previously recorded totals"
http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1110/447...
And this means what? Personally, I think politicians are all pretty much corrupt.....tend to focus on issues that they know will get Americans riled up and therefore the American people WON'T hold them responsible or accountable for NOT DOING THEIR JOB!!!

Remember that as easily as it was to get the Republicans in office because Americans were tired of politicians not doing their job......it will be just as easy to toss the Republicans right back out again for not keeping their promise to fix the economy and get Americans back to work!!!
Aphelion

Melbourne, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2012

Judged:

RnL2008 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, I don't condone violence or trampling on one's religious freedoms, but you folks seem to think it's okay to trample on my religious beliefs......just don't like it when it happens to yours!!!
You criticized the previous poster for making blanket statement and then you refer to me as “you folks” when in fact you have no idea who I am or what I believe.

I merely wanted those making these “blanket statements” to realize that the fringe element exists on both sides of the argument and represents neither.

You however appear to have a chip on your shoulder and take everything as an attack on your beliefs. Sad that your mind is so closed that intelligent discourse with you is not possible.

“IT'S TIME TO ELIMINATE”

PROP 8 AND DOMA!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2012

Judged:

Aphelion wrote:
<quoted text>
You criticized the previous poster for making blanket statement and then you refer to me as “you folks” when in fact you have no idea who I am or what I believe.
I merely wanted those making these “blanket statements” to realize that the fringe element exists on both sides of the argument and represents neither.
You however appear to have a chip on your shoulder and take everything as an attack on your beliefs. Sad that your mind is so closed that intelligent discourse with you is not possible.
Touche......but guess what.....didn't you think that somehow I would agree with what some folks did in Illinois? Come on now, be honest!!!

“IT'S TIME TO ELIMINATE”

PROP 8 AND DOMA!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2012

Judged:

Aphelion wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh and I criticized the previous poster because I know their position on this issue.......you obviously don't know me or even them!!!
Aphelion

Melbourne, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2012

Judged:

RnL2008 wrote:
<quoted text>
Touche......but guess what.....didn't you think that somehow I would agree with what some folks did in Illinois? Come on now, be honest!!!
I did not know what your position was until you identified it.

That’s why I asked the question.

In regards to that ... if you believe that threats and rock throwing is appropriate to your cause then I'm afraid that your cause is lost. I happen to know many gay individuals and none have stated that they believe violence and violent rhetoric is the best tactic to promote their cause.

“I am the great an powerful Ny!”

Since: Dec 06

Lebanon, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2012

Judged:

Get That Fool wrote:
<quoted text>
Other countries are fine??? Have you been watching the news...most of those countries are falling apart at the seams.....
Name one that's falling apart because of ssm. Show evidence that ssm is the cause of its downfall.
Simple logic tells you that marriage is between one man and one woman. Simple logic tell you everything else is a lie...
That doesn't jive with what the Bible says. There were plenty of examples of polygamy in there. At the same time, the Bible also isn't the defining authority on what marriage is and if we have to follow what it says regarding homosexuality then we have to follow everything else it says, including what we wear...

Lebanon, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2012

Judged:

Get That Fool wrote:
<quoted text>
When that says the supreme court...get back with me....
If you read the article you'll see that it most likely will end up there. Besides, this is just a first step which will open the road up to more in that direction.

Lebanon, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2012

Judged:

voteearlyvoteoften wrote:
<quoted text>
Right. Force your beliefs on others under the threat of bankruptcy by attacking their tax exempt status. Nice to know you wouldn't force them to perform the ceremony as well. At least not yet.....
No one's forcing beliefs onto them. They're wanting to use publicly funded facilities and are being discriminated against which is unconstitutional.
It's really no different than the religious using the law to dictate their beliefs to you, is it?
It's nowhere close, actually.
voteearlyvoteoft en

Lexington Park, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2012

Judged:

NEW wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok I am in great shape and eat good and work out and dont ahve hardly any fat on me....They are fat tubs of goo that waddle to the cars.....they are the same fat slobs who use handicapped parking because they are fat...not sick...just fat...saying someone is out of shape and not as healthy as I am is not bigoted....
Funny, you were talking about high medical bills on another post.......and paying 0 federal taxes......
voteearlyvoteoft en

Virginia Beach, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2012

Judged:

llDayo wrote:
<quoted text>
No one's forcing beliefs onto them. They're wanting to use publicly funded facilities and are being discriminated against which is unconstitutional.
<quoted text>
It's nowhere close, actually.
Not yet it isn't.

And yes, it's the same thing, with an added dose of self-righteous payback thrown in........
NEW

Owatonna, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>
Funny, you were talking about high medical bills on another post.......and paying 0 federal taxes......
My wife is wheel chair bound and has alot of medical cost...Maybe dont talk before you ask......
voteearlyvoteoft en

Lexington Park, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2012

Judged:

NEW wrote:
<quoted text>
My wife is wheel chair bound and has alot of medical cost...Maybe dont talk before you ask......
So your bragging about your excellent health vs. other poster's alleged poor health is all the more curious.........
NEW

Owatonna, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>
So your bragging about your excellent health vs. other poster's alleged poor health is all the more curious.........
I was trying to make a point...You see glutony is mentioned in the bible as being a sin over 20 times...yet gay sin is only mentioned 5-6 times.....I WAS ASKING CHRSIATIN WHY THEY STAND BY WHY HALF OF THERE CHURCH PEOPEL ARE FAT SLOBS.....Also greed as a sin is mentioned over 20 times...YET ALOT OF CHRISTAIN FAR RIGHTERS ARE FILTHY RICH GREEDY SCUM....

WHY DO CHRISTAINS FOCUE ON A SIN THAT BY THE BIBLE IS LESS IMPORTANT THEN OTHERS....
voteearlyvoteoft en

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2012

Judged:

NEW wrote:
<quoted text>
YET ALOT OF CHRISTAIN FAR RIGHTERS ARE FILTHY RICH GREEDY SCUM....
How exactly are they greedy? Because they object to giving people like you a free ride??
NEW

Owatonna, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>
How exactly are they greedy? Because they object to giving people like you a free ride??
No because they are rich...Go read your bible it says flat out it is very very very very very hard for a rich person to get into heaven. I dont want nor have ever had a free ride....I serevd 12 years in the military and have worked full time since got out.......

I was saying I see alot of fat slobs leaveing chucrh getting into 75-100 dollar cars driving to mega-mansions......IF THAT ISNT GREED I DONT KNOW WHAT IS..........
voteearlyvoteoft en

Virginia Beach, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2012

Judged:

NEW wrote:
<quoted text>
No because they are rich...Go read your bible it says flat out it is very very very very very hard for a rich person to get into heaven. I dont want nor have ever had a free ride....I serevd 12 years in the military and have worked full time since got out.......
I was saying I see alot of fat slobs leaveing chucrh getting into 75-100 dollar cars driving to mega-mansions......IF THAT ISNT GREED I DONT KNOW WHAT IS..........
Riiiight, you have stated that over 50%(including you) of the population should pay no federal taxes, that my friend is asking for a free ride.

I ask: what is more greedy, enjoying what you have earned or demanding for yourself what others have earned??

Did your 12 years in the military not give you the skills to qualify for well paying job?? Why not??
NEW

Owatonna, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>
Riiiight, you have stated that over 50%(including you) of the population should pay no federal taxes, that my friend is asking for a free ride.
I ask: what is more greedy, enjoying what you have earned or demanding for yourself what others have earned??
Did your 12 years in the military not give you the skills to qualify for well paying job?? Why not??
No free ride...Most people that work for hourly wage cant afford taxes...Rich people like you have no idea how hard it is to get by on 30-35k a year ......People who make that cant afford taxes they can hardly have place to live and eat....Now you rich scum want them to pay taxes and starve.......

Oh gawd,......I told you before as soon as I got out of military I used GI bill and got tech training as a welder and CNC tech.......I had workded for same place since got out.....UNTIL THE GREEDY OWNER WAS NOT HAPPY WITH 50 MILLION IN PROFIT AND CLOSED FACTORY AND SENT JOBS TO MEXICO......Now I still work 3 jobs all part time but work over 60 hours a week..Hard to find new jobs as welder at 52 years old...Even though I am real great shape they only see age....
voteearlyvoteoft en

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2012

Judged:

NEW wrote:
<quoted text>
No free ride...Most people that work for hourly wage cant afford taxes...Rich people like you have no idea how hard it is to get by on 30-35k a year ......People who make that cant afford taxes they can hardly have place to live and eat....Now you rich scum want them to pay taxes and starve.......
Oh gawd,......I told you before as soon as I got out of military I used GI bill and got tech training as a welder and CNC tech.......I had workded for same place since got out.....UNTIL THE GREEDY OWNER WAS NOT HAPPY WITH 50 MILLION IN PROFIT AND CLOSED FACTORY AND SENT JOBS TO MEXICO......Now I still work 3 jobs all part time but work over 60 hours a week..Hard to find new jobs as welder at 52 years old...Even though I am real great shape they only see age....
I paid plenty of taxes when I made $28k a year. "Affording" something is relative, I guess I could complain that I can't "afford" what I pay in taxes now because I could have used that $$ on something else.

But I view taxes as a resonsibility that all citizens should share, not something that only someone who has more money than me should pay. Otherwise we end up in the cycle we are now in, that an ever increasing tax burden is falling on an ever decreasing pool of taxpayers.

And I call BS, skilled qualified welders are in great demand regardless of age, maybe just not in your hometown. Have you considered moving to where the jobs are??

“What Goes Around, Comes Around”

Since: Mar 07

Kansas City, MO.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>
I paid plenty of taxes when I made $28k a year. "Affording" something is relative, I guess I could complain that I can't "afford" what I pay in taxes now because I could have used that $$ on something else.
But I view taxes as a resonsibility that all citizens should share, not something that only someone who has more money than me should pay. Otherwise we end up in the cycle we are now in, that an ever increasing tax burden is falling on an ever decreasing pool of taxpayers.
And I call BS, skilled qualified welders are in great demand regardless of age, maybe just not in your hometown. Have you considered moving to where the jobs are??
well since 'they' are doing away with the 'middle class' and the poor can not pay, then who is left to pay......THE RICH! GOOD!
NEW

Owatonna, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>
I cant afford to move....Plus with my wifes health needs moving is out of the question...One good thing is there is a few new factories being built. Both will need welders and I have a leg up on a job...So great Obama is rebuilding this economy..Glad we are comeing out of the Bush GOP depression.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••