Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt...

Full story: Newsday 51,386
When Bill Clinton took office in 1993, global warming was a slow-moving environmental problem that was easy to ignore. Full Story

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#46708 May 12, 2014
Alvis Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
I have always said this. I know the liberal agenda. Take their "climate change" with a grain of salt.
No wonder they say the tea baggers mainly consist of fat old white people who can't remember what happened 7 days ago let alone 7 yrs back. Because back in 2007 climate change was supported by both sides of politics and a need to address it. The view then was it was a global problem, but Obama also failed when he gave in to big end of town and did not sign the Kyoto agreement. You can be assured the US will sign the next one on emissions reduction levels.
On top of that we have the tea baggers who rose from the grave like zombies after Obama was elected it and suddenly the climate threat became a "liberal" idea. lol Funny how a GFC in 2008 can change the weather just like that. This is why the right side of politics has lost all credibility, they send the country into wars based on lies, they send the country broke looking after the big end of town, now they want to destroy the planet for the same reason. Well I'm sorry the right side of politics has had a broken moral compass for a number of years now & the tea party sure as hell will only take them further off track.

Location hidden

#46709 May 12, 2014
Jamaal wrote:
Be cautious about relying on the temperature numbers from 100 years ago or back before 1920. My great-grandfather was part of the crew that collected that data and he said the thermometers were particularly unreliable and often broken. Some were laying on their sides when they arrived for the reading. This was in the Cincinnati and St. Louis section. He and his co-workers would sometimes just make a good guess at the figures, but hardly precise. By the way, Grandpa thought William Howard Taft was a much better president than Woodrow Wilson.
This is exactly what i mean by moronic no brainier posts by "grandpa's" temp readings. Well Hellooo, science doesn't need grandpa's misguided unreliable thermometers. It has ice cores it can read just as well in more precise terms and may soon hit the holy grail and go back long before man was running around in caves.

For your information one of the world's biggest insurers doesn't think climate change is a scam.

http://www.businessspectator.com.au/news/2014...
No Warming

Waverly, OH

#46710 May 12, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
Earth's CO2 atmosphere is the results of 4.5 billion years of progress. It has doubled a dozen times; doubling Earth's CO2 volume is trivial. IF man's CO2 emissions cause climate disruption then we are already mitigating climate against catastrophic global cooling, the well known and observed, natural ice age climate scenario. The only difference between global cooling and man made catastrophic climate disruption is good documentation for natural ice ages but no experimental evidence of either man made global climate change or climate change mitigation.
I agree, point I was trying to make is that the warming crowd is always clamoring about the 97% consensus. They either don't understand or refuse to acknowledge what the 97% represent, its certainly far from consensus.
litesong

Everett, WA

#46711 May 12, 2014
no heat in my brain wrote:
They.....don't understand..... what the 97% represent.......
"teeny-minded anne" said 97% of scientists said there was no AGW. Since she ain't here no longer, you can take up her cheerleading rah. Without heat in your brain, you can do that.
Lee

San Jose, CA

#46712 May 12, 2014
People are so ignorant

Location hidden

#46713 May 12, 2014
No Warming wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree, point I was trying to make is that the warming crowd is always clamoring about the 97% consensus. They either don't understand or refuse to acknowledge what the 97% represent, its certainly far from consensus.
All your lot do is argue in circular fashion, that is what you do when you have nothing to back your position other than a personal opinion. Well opinions don't count as facts in science.
What the 97% totally agree on is the MAN IS WARMING the planet and as a result this causes climate change. If you want to argue about how high the water mark will get in your lounge room during a downpour that is a circular argument, It makes no f....g difference whether it's an inch or a foot. If you want to waste energy arguing details then you are only kidding yourself. it's the bigger picture that matters in the long run.
Mothra

Phoenix, AZ

#46714 May 12, 2014
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
Whack...whaack...whaacckkk...j ust keeps bouncing back no matter how hard I whack 'em!
And the global warming hypocrite demonstrates once again THERE IS NO CRISIS!!!

Thanks for playing.
No Warming

Waverly, OH

#46715 May 12, 2014
OzRitz wrote:
<quoted text>
All your lot do is argue in circular fashion, that is what you do when you have nothing to back your position other than a personal opinion. Well opinions don't count as facts in science.
What the 97% totally agree on is the MAN IS WARMING the planet and as a result this causes climate change. If you want to argue about how high the water mark will get in your lounge room during a downpour that is a circular argument, It makes no f....g difference whether it's an inch or a foot. If you want to waste energy arguing details then you are only kidding yourself. it's the bigger picture that matters in the long run.
And you are unable to answer simple questions, argue that problem with yourself.
No Warming

Waverly, OH

#46716 May 12, 2014
litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
"teeny-minded anne" said 97% of scientists said there was no AGW. Since she ain't here no longer, you can take up her cheerleading rah. Without heat in your brain, you can do that.
I rarely read your posts, they always remind me of the old commercial of the egg frying in a skillet and the narrator saying "this is your brain on drugs".

Location hidden

#46717 May 13, 2014
No Warming wrote:
<quoted text>
And you are unable to answer simple questions, argue that problem with yourself.
Oh I answered your question alright but those brain filters engaged once again and refused to take in what was said. When you buy a car do you insist from the salesperson to nominate the day you will get a flat tire or whether it will be able to jump the grand canyon. Then when they can't answer declare it an unreliable product. That is on par with the questions you flat earthers ask in here.
No Warming

Waverly, OH

#46719 May 13, 2014
OzRitz wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh I answered your question alright but those brain filters engaged once again and refused to take in what was said. When you buy a car do you insist from the salesperson to nominate the day you will get a flat tire or whether it will be able to jump the grand canyon. Then when they can't answer declare it an unreliable product. That is on par with the questions you flat earthers ask in here.
What the salesman is telling me today is production has ramped up to full speed yet the product is missing. Dude where's my car ?

Since: Apr 08

"the green troll"

#46720 May 13, 2014
No Warming wrote:
<quoted text>
What the salesman is telling me today is production has ramped up to full speed yet the product is missing. Dude where's my car ?
This year could well be a strong El Nino, if not a super El Nino.

Looks like you won't be using your user name for much longer.

Dude, your car is on its way to the show room. Time to pay the bill.
No Warming

Waverly, OH

#46721 May 13, 2014
Fair Game wrote:
<quoted text>
This year could well be a strong El Nino, if not a super El Nino.
Looks like you won't be using your user name for much longer.
Dude, your car is on its way to the show room. Time to pay the bill.
You'd be happy if 2014 were .01 C warmer than 1998, everyone else knows its meaningless.

"the green troll"

#46722 May 13, 2014
No Warming wrote:
<quoted text>
You'd be happy if 2014 were .01 C warmer than 1998, everyone else knows its meaningless.
No, it means the world is warming.

And you are a fool or a liar.
No Warming

Waverly, OH

#46723 May 13, 2014
Fair Game wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it means the world is warming.
And you are a fool or a liar.
The fool would be the one who thinks that .01C warming is going to end all life, the liar would be the one who seeks out poor fools in attempt to convince them it will.

"the green troll"

#46724 May 13, 2014
No Warming wrote:
<quoted text>
The fool would be the one who thinks that .01C warming is going to end all life, the liar would be the one who seeks out poor fools in attempt to convince them it will.
What are you I wonder, enough of a fool to believe that the super El Nino temperatures of 1998 would never be surpassed, or enough of a liar to believe it would be worth claiming "No Warming" for a few years to argue against action in the short term?

And are you either a fool or a liar not to realise that decade upon decade upon decade of warming by just a fraction of a degree means that our grandchildren will have to live in a world several degrees warmer than our own?

Either way, you are contemptible.

Since: Mar 09

Wichita, KS

#46725 May 13, 2014
Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
And the global warming hypocrite demonstrates once again THERE IS NO CRISIS!!!
Thanks for playing.
Whach....whack...paddywhack... Just keeps popping back up. Whaacckkkk! No matter how we knock 'em down.

The Earth is warming. CO2 is a GHG. Burning fossil fuels causes CO2 to increase in the atmosphere. Those are the facts. Deal with them!

“EnvironMENTAList ”

Since: Feb 07

Near Detroit

#46726 May 13, 2014
Remaining Eager "Believer";
Since the scientists are not 100% certain it means YOU can't "believe" they are.
YOU don't get to decide no matter how determined you are to "believe" in this misery for billions of innocent children.
Who's the neocon now?

*"Former Believers" know it was a consensus of nothing. Now you know.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#46727 May 13, 2014
No Warming wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/ 2014/05/12/al-gore-republicans _n_5313028.html?ncid=txtlnkusa olp00000592
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#46728 May 13, 2014

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 9 min Limbertwig 171,628
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 22 min Agents of Corruption 149,264
Giuliani explains why Obama doesn't love America 26 min MHT 433
President Obama: 'I Loved Spock' 28 min Agents of Corruption 11
Prominent Russian opposition figure Boris Nemts... 39 min Apt 3
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 54 min shinningelectr0n 1,189,812
New charges for group that disrupted Supreme Court 1 hr Cordwainer Trout 3
The President has failed us (Jun '12) 1 hr Agents of Corruption 312,331
Obama calls out GOP on immigration policy 1 hr theidiotsareunited 114
2 loose llamas lassoed after running amok near ... 1 hr SirPrize 5
More from around the web