Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt...

Full story: Newsday 46,707
When Bill Clinton took office in 1993, global warming was a slow-moving environmental problem that was easy to ignore. Full Story
litesong

Lynnwood, WA

#44233 Mar 13, 2014
itesong wrote:
"prof sneeritus raunchy fellow" fluffed:
//////////
litesong wrote:
..... slimy steenking toxic topix AGW deniers come thru with their normal poor & biased non-science.
/////////
denier duffed:
.... firewater talk begins......
///////
litesong wrote:
"prof sneeritus raunchy fellow"........ described accurately.
" slimy steenking toxic topix AGW deniers come thru with their normal poor & biased non-science"......describ ed accurately.

Ah....... denier is complaining about.......accurate descriptions.
litesong

Lynnwood, WA

#44234 Mar 13, 2014
[QUOTE who="ratdownthemiddle ", "middleofthedownwronggull y"]..... "everybody is an idiot.......[/QUOTE]

litesong wrote:
"Since October 2013 till March 2014, enhanced AGW warm fronts have forced into the Arctic causing millions of square kilometers around the North Pole to have high temperatures, sometimes 16degC(29degF) higher than normal. With such great energy, the enhanced AGW warm fronts have shoved much Arctic cold to the south, onto Canada & the U.S. So NP cold, where no one complains, is in Canada & the U.S., where lots of people can complain, & slimy steenking toxic topix AGW deniers can report the complaints. Never once has any slimy steenking toxic topix AGW denier reported the over-warm AGW enhanced NP temperatures.
Indeed, slimy steenking toxic topix AGW deniers come thru with their normal poor & biased non-science"......... all subjects described accurately.
denier

Gurnee, IL

#44236 Mar 14, 2014
[QUOTE who=""itesong"] "prof sneeritus raunchy fellow" fluffed:
"Global Warming" to "Climate Change".......the October thru(?) March temperatures have been their coldest sine(sic) 1899.
On just one day in January, 49 record lows were set across the nation thanks to weather patterns pushed south by the polar vortex.
//////////
SpaceBlues wrote:
Fortunately, you are not to be credited for it because climate change is only one of the many effects caused by man-made global warming.
/////
litesong wrote:
Since October 2013 till March 2014, enhanced AGW warm fronts have forced into the Arctic causing millions of square kilometers around the North Pole have to have high temperatures, sometimes 16degC(29degF) higher than normal. With such great energy, the enhanced AGW warm fronts have shoved much Arctic cold to the south, onto Canada & the U.S. So NP cold, where no one complains, is in Canada & the U.S., where lots of people can complain, & slimy steenking toxic topix AGW deniers can report the complaints. Never once has any slimy steenking toxic topix AGW denier reported the over-warm AGW enhanced NP temperatures.
Indeed, slimy steenking toxic topix AGW deniers come thru with their normal poor & biased non-science.[/QUOTE]

This is"part" of the reason I deny absolute morons trying to push agw (al gore warming) you warmies need a new voice!

“Sharia, NOT!”

Since: Jul 10

Chesapeake, VA

#44238 Mar 14, 2014
Professor Emeritus Fellow wrote:
<quoted text>
Everyone I know has done the same. Only problem is their electrical bill is still higher than it was a year ago. Think we are being ripped off.
Exactly! These planet huggers fail to realize that the utility companies love the bottom line. Forcing CFL curlycue bulbs ain't gonna stop profits. I have an energy efficient home (LEEDS standards) and my bill, while lower than those homes smaller than mine, are still quite excessive.
Even now there a re laws forcing folks to stay on grid. Mostly it's a control issue but that just sounds conspiratorial to some.
Shareholders come first you know.
Mothra

Phoenix, AZ

#44239 Mar 14, 2014
What Was the Carbon Footprint of the Presidentís Visit to NYC?

I only ask because Senate Democrats want America to focus on climate change issues and if weíre to take them seriously, then cutting carbon emissions should start at home.

For example, President Obama traveled to New York City yesterday, first landing at JFK airport on his 747, and then helicoptering to Manhattan for two fundraisers and a shopping trip at the GAP. Thatís a lot of carbon emissions for a trip that wasnít necessary. And yet, I can find no criticism from the pajama-party caucus of climate-alarmist Senate Democrats criticizing the presidentís carbon-spewing trip. Since one of the presidentís fundraisers was to help raise money for Senate Democrats in 2014, Iím inclined to believe that maybe ó just maybe Ė Dems put raising money for their reelection campaigns ahead of climate change.

But Senate Dems are not alone in putting other issues ahead of climate change. Gallup has a new poll out that lists climate change second-to-last on a list of issues that worry Americans. Like the alarmist Dems, Americans donít really care about climate change, either.

http://www.nationalreview.com/planet-gore/373...
Mothra

Phoenix, AZ

#44240 Mar 14, 2014
Al Goreís number about the 400,000 Hiroshima-scale atomic bombs comes from James Hansen, but itís really no big deal. An explanation of the math via Watts Up With That:

1 ton of TNT = 4.184e+9 joules (J) source

Hiroshima bomb = 15 kilotons of TNT = 6.28e+13 joules (ibid)

Hansen says increase in forcing is ď400,000 Hiroshima atomic bombs per dayĒ, which comes to 2.51e+19 joules/day.

A watt is a joule per second, so that works out to a constant additional global forcing of 2.91e+14 watts.

Normally, we look at forcings in watts per square metre (W/m2). Total forcing (solar plus longwave) averaged around the globe 24/7 is about 500 watts per square metre.

To convert Hansenís figures to a per-square-metre value, the global surface area is 5.11e+14 square metres Ö which means that Hansens dreaded 400,000 Hiroshima bombs per day works out to 0.6 watts per square metre Ö in other words, Hansen wants us to be very afraid because of a claimed imbalance of six tenths of a watt per square metre in a system where the downwelling radiation is half a kilowatt per square metre Ö we cannot even measure the radiation to that kind of accuracy.

And this is the reason we call these people alarmists. They canít make their point without scary sounding, but dubious, statements.

dem

United States

#44241 Mar 14, 2014
Mothra wrote:
What Was the Carbon Footprint of the President’s Visit to NYC?

I only ask because Senate Democrats want America to focus on climate change issues and if we’re to take them seriously, then cutting carbon emissions should start at home.

For example, President Obama traveled to New York City yesterday, first landing at JFK airport on his 747, and then helicoptering to Manhattan for two fundraisers and a shopping trip at the GAP. That¬ís a lot of carbon emissions for a trip that wasn¬ít necessary. And yet, I can find no criticism from the pajama-party caucus of climate-alarmist Senate Democrats criticizing the president¬ís carbon-spewing trip. Since one of the president¬ís fundraisers was to help raise money for Senate Democrats in 2014, I¬ím inclined to believe that maybe ¬ó just maybe ¬Ė Dems put raising money for their reelection campaigns ahead of climate change.

But Senate Dems are not alone in putting other issues ahead of climate change. Gallup has a new poll out that lists climate change second-to-last on a list of issues that worry Americans. Like the alarmist Dems, Americans don’t really care about climate change, either.

Good thinking you stupid tea bag azzhole. At least you can look forward to being a laughing stock disgraced jagoff like the Birthers.
dem

United States

#44242 Mar 14, 2014
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>you have the upper hand in one department, son!!

bushwhackeyweed really sux at this......but you suck big time, hombre!!

lol
Figures this co ck suck ing idiot would be here with the other flat earthers.
dem

United States

#44245 Mar 14, 2014
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
are you stalking me again, ya kweer idiot?

go pick up your dead relatives, paco.

besides....your kind here wouldn't approve of all your gas guzzling vehicles that you're always boasting about, son.

and stop obsessing about my co ck.
You telling these people your usual lies, pusscccee?
You right wing fake millionaires are hilarious. Problem is you post like a high school drop out. The kind of dumbfk azzhole you can find sucking co ck for a dollar behind his limo.
litesong

Lynnwood, WA

#44246 Mar 14, 2014
[QUOTE who="ratdownthemiddle ", "middleofthedownwronggull y"]are you stalking me.....[/QUOTE]

"ratdownthemiddle", "middleofthedownwronggull y" likes to feel the winter-dead corn stalk up its butt, specially in the "down wrong gully"!

“Sharia, NOT!”

Since: Jul 10

Chesapeake, VA

#44250 Mar 14, 2014
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Good thinking you stupid tea bag azzhole. At least you can look forward to being a laughing stock disgraced jagoff like the Birthers.
He presents facts and figures and you ignore it by name calling? Yea, that's why we laugh at you warm earthers.
dum

Gurnee, IL

#44252 Mar 14, 2014
dum bass wrote:
<quoted text>
Kills you that your vette money went to buying your ex wife's titties huh?
Maybe the young dude that is fkn those fun bags now will let you go for a ride in his vette?
And I told you to stop carrying on like a beitch about the vette. It's the z28 that you should be envious of.
I gots a jacked up chevy shortbed on 44s that gets 3/4 a mile to the gallon you wanna burn some hydrocarbons

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#44256 Mar 14, 2014
Mothra wrote:
What Was the Carbon Footprint of the Presidentís Visit to NYC?
I only ask because Senate Democrats want America to focus on climate change issues and if weíre to take them seriously, then cutting carbon emissions should start at home.
Last time I checked we haven't got solar powered warp speed transport as yet. If we had a price on carbon, then someone would be working on it in their garage as we speak.
Besides, under your precious free market system it's always the little people that make all the difference, the rich can be as wasteful as they want. That's how it works, people will always live the lifestyle they can afford and some go beyond that. Pricing carbon just forces less people driving around the streets in Ferrari's & big a$$ SUV's. it won't take them all off the road. You deniers readily accept the have's and the have-not's in the fossil economy, well surprise surprise it will be no different in a carbon economy.
That's the reality and just like those who will have power saving devices in their home making a smaller carbon footprint, the Whitehouse will still leave the lights on all night.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#44257 Mar 14, 2014
Mothra wrote:
Al Goreís number about the 400,000 Hiroshima-scale atomic bombs comes from James Hansen, but itís really no big deal. An explanation of the math via Watts Up With That:
1 ton of TNT = 4.184e+9 joules (J) source
Hiroshima bomb = 15 kilotons of TNT = 6.28e+13 joules (ibid)
Hansen says increase in forcing is ď400,000 Hiroshima atomic bombs per dayĒ, which comes to 2.51e+19 joules/day.
A watt is a joule per second, so that works out to a constant additional global forcing of 2.91e+14 watts.
Normally, we look at forcings in watts per square metre (W/m2). Total forcing (solar plus longwave) averaged around the globe 24/7 is about 500 watts per square metre.
To convert Hansenís figures to a per-square-metre value, the global surface area is 5.11e+14 square metres Ö which means that Hansens dreaded 400,000 Hiroshima bombs per day works out to 0.6 watts per square metre Ö in other words, Hansen wants us to be very afraid because of a claimed imbalance of six tenths of a watt per square metre in a system where the downwelling radiation is half a kilowatt per square metre Ö we cannot even measure the radiation to that kind of accuracy.
And this is the reason we call these people alarmists. They canít make their point without scary sounding, but dubious, statements.
Thanks. I'm hoping this information helps litesong back to peace and sound mind.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#44258 Mar 14, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks. I'm hoping this information helps litesong back to peace and sound mind.
litesong is capable of doing a better calculation than this, but not you.

You don't even understand that there are scientific observations and calculations. The comment on accuracy is meaningless, duh.
JustAGreaseSpotN ow

United States

#44259 Mar 14, 2014
According to Rhode Island's governor, his entire state will be gone in...hell. There is just went.
JustAGreaseSpotN ow

United States

#44260 Mar 14, 2014
*it
Cary

Los Angeles, CA

#44261 Mar 14, 2014
dim and dum wrote:
<quoted text>
Stop staring at his azz.
Mothra

Phoenix, AZ

#44262 Mar 14, 2014
OzRitz wrote:
<quoted text>
Last time I checked we haven't got solar powered warp speed transport as yet. If we had a price on carbon, then someone would be working on it in their garage as we speak.
Besides, under your precious free market system it's always the little people that make all the difference, the rich can be as wasteful as they want. That's how it works, people will always live the lifestyle they can afford and some go beyond that. Pricing carbon just forces less people driving around the streets in Ferrari's & big a$$ SUV's. it won't take them all off the road. You deniers readily accept the have's and the have-not's in the fossil economy, well surprise surprise it will be no different in a carbon economy.
That's the reality and just like those who will have power saving devices in their home making a smaller carbon footprint, the Whitehouse will still leave the lights on all night.
The question was, "What Was the Carbon Footprint of the Presidentís Visit to NYC?"

Did you answer it? No.

Don't try again... you embarrass yourself.

Warmist motto: Do as we say, not as we do.
Mothra

Phoenix, AZ

#44263 Mar 14, 2014
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>litesong is capable of doing a better calculation than this, but not you.
You don't even understand that there are scientific observations and calculations. The comment on accuracy is meaningless, duh.
*poof*

More CO2 released into the atmosphere.

Hypocrite.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Obama to boost U.S. involvement in fight agains... 2 min Obama Bad 51
Senator blasts revolving door from D.C. to Wall... 3 min Shinichiro Takizawa 23
The President has failed us (Jun '12) 5 min -Dont Panic- 262,800
Obama thanks Congress for vote to aid Syrian re... 6 min Shinichiro Takizawa 73
State says goodbye to Shelley Riley Moore 18 min See ya! 1
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 19 min Cornelius Scudmister 153,774
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 20 min Patrick 1,110,901
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 3 hr Lawrence Wolf 116,684
Black guest stuns CNN anchor: Racism is - not a... 3 hr Anonymous of Indy 478
•••

US News People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••