Time To End Black History Month?

Feb 12, 2009 Full story: www.news4jax.com 10,201

Should Black History Month fade into history? End Black History Month? Claims that Black History Month is outdated are gaining a new potency, as schools diversify their curricula and President Barack Obama's ...

Full Story
Kareem O Wheat

Lowell, MA

#11521 Apr 18, 2013
It's called black, exponential math where everything has a factor of 10 instead of 1. They made up a black language called Ebonics, so why not make up black math while you're at it?
the light has come

Danville, IL

#11522 Apr 18, 2013
BIG WORM wrote:
I don't have to mock blacks, they do a very good job mocking themselves. Achievements have been made by every race to some degree or another, but no one throws it in your face like the few achievements that blacks have made.
<quoted text>
You do not have to mock black but here you come to a black site to do it. There is no dispute that other racist have made achievements and they are not trying to hide it. All year long there are achievement programs going on and the media are covering them. You do not hear anyone crying about stopping them. If you knew all the things blacks had achieve that effect your everyday life you still would deny it.
the light has come

Danville, IL

#11523 Apr 18, 2013
Kareem O Wheat wrote:
<quoted text>
I only said that on the particular posts where you call someone unintelligent, you need to double and triple check your own post. Mistakes are okay if you're not calling the other person unintelligent. You certainly don't want to say people are "stoopid", do you?
You are quick to try to correct my posting and put in your on spin it. I never say a person was unintelligent. I said they were low intelligent. If I think they are making a stupid post when they respond to me, I will say it. you do not seem to have a problem understanding what I am saying. I see you still responding to my post.
Kareem O Wheat

Lowell, MA

#11524 Apr 18, 2013
the light has come wrote:
<quoted text>You are quick to try to correct my posting and put in your on spin it. I never say a person was unintelligent. I said they were low intelligent.
Oh, I'm sorry, big difference, right? LOL!!!
Kareem O Wheat

Lowell, MA

#11525 Apr 18, 2013
<quoted text> I said they were low intelligent.
That's supposed to be "of low intelligence". I keep raising this because you were the one who decided to comment on the intelligence of others. Perhaps you need to look in the mirror first and start there and save yourself a lot of work and typing.
Kareem O Wheat

Lowell, MA

#11526 Apr 18, 2013
<quoted text>You do not have to mock black but here you come to a black site to do it. There is no dispute that other racist have made achievements and they are not trying to hide it. All year long there are achievement programs going on and the media are covering them. You do not hear anyone crying about stopping them. If you knew all the things blacks had achieve that effect your everyday life you still would deny it.
No I wouldn't, it's publicly available on google. So much for the white man trying to hide black achievement. When I was in College, 30 years ago, you were forced to take an African American studies course, taught by an African American professor, no matter what major you had, or you couldn't graduate. And you couldn't pass the test unless you memorized black achievements that were asked about on the test.

Since: Oct 09

Paris France

#11527 Apr 18, 2013
Kareem O Wheat wrote:
<quoted text>
When I was in College, 30 years ago, you were forced to take an African American studies course, taught by an African American professor, no matter what major you had, or you couldn't graduate. And you couldn't pass the test unless you memorized black achievements that were asked about on the test.
Excellent system ! Bring it back and implement that in the E.U. with Afro European or African teachers.

a whiteboi
Kareem O Wheat

Lowell, MA

#11528 Apr 18, 2013
attai1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Excellent system ! Bring it back and implement that in the E.U. with Afro European or African teachers.
a whiteboi
Yeah and do you know what else that class taught? You had all these black people thinking this was going to be a glorification of black people and a whipping of white people, but you should have seen the look on the their faces when the African American professor told them "I'm sorry, but we are prisoners of war sold as slaves by our fellow Africans".

That's what a REAL University teaches in a REAL course, not this one side, self glorification crap you find on Black History month documentaries made to make black people feel good while hiding the other side of the story.
the light has come

Danville, IL

#11529 Apr 18, 2013
Kareem O Wheat wrote:
<quoted text>
That's supposed to be "of low intelligence". I keep raising this because you were the one who decided to comment on the intelligence of others. Perhaps you need to look in the mirror first and start there and save yourself a lot of work and typing.
If I make a general statement of my observation and not pointing anyone in particular, it is based on my experience and observation.If I am responding to a poster who I have repeatedly encounter, I will pass my judgement on the repeated content they present from pass encounter. It is people like you who jump in with your opinion that think only you can pass judgement like you are doing with my post. When I look in the mirror I see a person who know when people are wrong.
Kareem O Wheat

Lowell, MA

#11530 Apr 18, 2013
attai1 wrote:
<quoted text>
a whiteboi
They don't have nearly the problems with black people over there that we have in the US. For example, they don't have black flash mobs where they all rush into a store at once and steal everything that they can. They don't have black people expecting everything to be handed to them to where the more you give them, the less they do and more they hate you.
Kareem O Wheat

Lowell, MA

#11531 Apr 18, 2013
<quoted text>If I make a general statement of my observation and not pointing anyone in particular,
Look, that's fine. You are over explaining yourself. Carry on, but keep it in mind, that's all. Okay?

Paris France

#11532 Apr 18, 2013
my contribution found in the NYT of the day.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/04/15/sports/base...

" When the mayor of Cooperstown, N.Y., Jeff Katz, searched for an appropriate street to dedicate in Bud Fowler’s memory, he decided on one that led to Doubleday Field, the quaint brick stadium a baseball’s throw from the Hall of Fame. An old survey of the village indicated that the street had not been named, Katz said.

Like the street itself, Fowler had gone largely unnoticed, despite being the first African-American known to have played for a white professional baseball team. That happened when Fowler pitched for the Lynn, Mass., Live Oaks of the International Association in 1878."
"The so-called gentlemen’s agreement among team owners in 1887 — which barred blacks from playing on white pro clubs, until Branch Rickey signed Robinson to a contract in 1945 — can be traced to Fowler."

He went on playing both in integrated teams refusing this ban and in all-Black team.

He died in poverty in 1913.

It was time for this Black player to be honoured.

a whiteboi
Kareem O Wheat

Lowell, MA

#11533 Apr 18, 2013
attai1 wrote:
my contribution found in the NYT of the day.
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/04/15/sports/base...
" When the mayor of Cooperstown, N.Y., Jeff Katz, searched for an appropriate street to dedicate in Bud Fowler’s memory, he decided on one that led to Doubleday Field, the quaint brick stadium a baseball’s throw from the Hall of Fame. An old survey of the village indicated that the street had not been named, Katz said.
Like the street itself, Fowler had gone largely unnoticed, despite being the first African-American known to have played for a white professional baseball team. That happened when Fowler pitched for the Lynn, Mass., Live Oaks of the International Association in 1878."
"The so-called gentlemen’s agreement among team owners in 1887 — which barred blacks from playing on white pro clubs, until Branch Rickey signed Robinson to a contract in 1945 — can be traced to Fowler."
He went on playing both in integrated teams refusing this ban and in all-Black team.
He died in poverty in 1913.
It was time for this Black player to be honoured.
a whiteboi
And he did, so what's your point? and BTW, baseball players all made very little money back then.
BIG WORM

Danielson, CT

#11537 Apr 22, 2013
WTF?
20Rock

Pensacola, FL

#11538 Apr 24, 2013
WowTheBoogieDown wrote:
<quoted text>ONLY BLACK HISTORY offends white people. They have a special hard on for Black folk. If I didn't know better I would begin to believe they're jealous of Black folk.
These guys love to use nanny state, welfare (which was begun to feed white meen), AA which was meant to force equal and fair opportunity had been coopted and used by WHITE WOMEN. White women are the true users and benefactors of Affirmative Action, but white folk won't admit it or acknowledge it, better to keep it as a club to use against Black Americans.
It burns white ass to know Blacks really are equal to them and just as savvy. Better to try to continue to marginalize them, though it doesn't work and they are failing miserably. What scaring the shit out of them is the fact that within the next few years...THEY are going to be the minorities. LMAO.
Hey Boy,,,,,, put that pipe down and take a break... You baboons are about as capable as a dog fart.. Especially you trained chimps,,,,,, like the brilliant monkies that destroyed the Detroit economy,, and the DC economy,, etc Looks like one of you apes is determined to do the same with the USA economy.. Have you goons ever given any thought to who is going to put up the money for your welfare check after the USA economy is defunk??
Kareem O Wheat

Lowell, MA

#11539 Apr 25, 2013
20Rock wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Boy,,,,,, put that pipe down and take a break... You baboons are about as capable as a dog fart.. Especially you trained chimps,,,,,, like the brilliant monkies that destroyed the Detroit economy,, and the DC economy,, etc
And the Philly economy and the Oakland economy etc...the list goes on.
Almoravid

Rotterdam, Netherlands

#11540 Apr 25, 2013
There is much to be learned about African history and your African heritage African Americans.

You basically don't know nothing yet. You only have just begun, to (re)-discover your history and heritage.

Don't let these troll, aspecially the white ones fool you.
Kareem O Wheat

Lowell, MA

#11541 Apr 25, 2013
Almoravid wrote:
You basically don't know nothing yet.
That's, you don't know anything yet. A double negative turns into a positive. You might want to have checked that first before you talk about people knowing or not knowing things. But at least it looks like you are paying attention to the topix spell checker, so that's good.

Paris France

#11542 Apr 25, 2013
Almoravid wrote:
There is much to be learned about African history and your African heritage African Americans.
You basically don't know nothing yet. You only have just begun, to (re)-discover your history and heritage.
Don't let these troll, especially the white ones fool you.
It's correct sir.

I would add that this knowledge should become universal : all people have to know better about Black history.

a whiteboi
Kareem O Wheat

Lowell, MA

#11543 Apr 25, 2013
attai1 wrote:
<quoted text>

a whiteboi
I still can't figure out why you have to take the extra effort to write "a whiteboi" on every single one of your posts. Why do you have to make sure that you tell everyone you are white on every single one of your posts? It makes no sense, unless you were actually black.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Analysis: Equal rights or statesa rights on gay... 3 min WeTheSheeple 216
4Device, possibly aerial drone, found on White ... 3 min Le Jimbo 7
Republican newcomer Ernst says Congress ready t... 4 min scirocco 77
At Koch summit, Rand Paul splits with Cruz, Rubio 4 min Responsibility 6
Ben Carson Warns Gay Couples Against Pushing Ba... 5 min Ned 12
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 7 min scirocco 167,986
Gay marriage (Mar '13) 8 min Just Think 57,019
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 8 min The Dude 141,754
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 14 min ChickBrilliance 307,801
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 16 min TSM 1,172,172
Obama to seek wilderness designation for Alaska... 27 min Go Blue Forever 15
The President has failed us (Jun '12) 1 hr positronium 304,251
More from around the web