US Files Charges Against NSA Secrets ...

US Files Charges Against NSA Secrets Leaker Edward Snowden

There are 24 comments on the Fox News story from Jun 22, 2013, titled US Files Charges Against NSA Secrets Leaker Edward Snowden. In it, Fox News reports that:

Federal prosecutors have filed a criminal complaint against NSA secrets leaker Edward Snowden, charging him with theft and communicating classified intelligence information to an unauthorized person, Fox News confirms.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fox News.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Granny

Toledo, OH

#1 Jun 22, 2013
The people running this country are the ones committing treason.

The legislation they are passing is destroying our constitution which affects every American citizen in a harmful manner.

Snowden is a hero in my book.

Snowden for President.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Barney

United States

#2 Jun 22, 2013
He broke the law so he will pay for it.
Granny

Toledo, OH

#3 Jun 22, 2013
Barney wrote:
I suppose you enjoy having these people read your emails and listening in on your phone conversations.

These are the people who have sex and booze parties on the taxpayers dime. What if they decide to strong arm you in one of their drunken stoopers?

Good luck sucker.

Snowden for President 2016

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Barney

United States

#4 Jun 22, 2013
Granny wrote:
<quoted text>I suppose you enjoy having these people read your emails and listening in on your phone conversations.

These are the people who have sex and booze parties on the taxpayers dime. What if they decide to strong arm you in one of their drunken stoopers?

Good luck sucker.

That is not how the program works. Educate yourself so you don't look foolish.
Sheik Yerbouti

Furlong, PA

#5 Jun 22, 2013
Hopefully this HERO will be able to remain in a free country that will not send him back to the fascist states of amerika!
Barney

United States

#6 Jun 22, 2013
Sheik Yerbouti wrote:
Hopefully this HERO will be able to remain in a free country that will not send him back to the fascist states of amerika!
China is a free country?
BIGGER BRO

United States

#7 Jun 22, 2013
thats what happens when you pay a non living wage with little benefits and no pension, and the REAL PROFITS are made by some 3rd or 4th party government sub sub contractor, at moocho dollars per hour.,, per contract or per gigabite....and everybody with a novice amateur radio license knew this was a possibility, happening, going to happen ,even congress acts like they knew zilch,and they pass the laws?????.. OR DO THEY...the only secret here is is the government being RUN or RUINED. YOU JUST GOTTA WONDER IF the KGB HAD ANY "INPUT"
In the society that Orwell describes, everyone is under complete surveillance by the authorities, mainly by telescreens. The people are constantly reminded of this by the phrase "Big Brother is watching you", which is the core "truth" of the propaganda system in this state.......http://en.wikipedi a.org/wiki/Big_Brother_(Ninete en_Eighty-Four)
Nuff Said

Toledo, OH

#8 Jun 23, 2013
Granny said:These are the people who have sex and booze parties on the taxpayers dime. What if they decide to strong arm you in one of their drunken stoopers?
Barney wrote:
<quoted text>
That is not how the program works. Educate yourself so you don't look foolish.
You're the one who needs some schooling sonny. Maybe we should sick the IRS on you.

sinic

United States

#9 Jun 24, 2013
Eleanor

Vernon Hills, IL

#10 Jun 24, 2013
Barney wrote:
Yes, there should be consequences for breaking the law.

However, the government ONLY does that for their OWN CONVENIENCE.

If the government truly desired to UPHOLD the law, ALL illegal immigration would have ceased when ALL of them were legally deported.

See, the government SELECTIVELY enforces the law.

Apparently the government didn't feel threatened by illegal immigration, but they DO FEEL threatened by the public finding out about this!!!
Really Now

Newport News, VA

#11 Jun 24, 2013
Good for the Snow-man. If we had more like him..the gov might tow the line more....I hope more continue to blow the whistle on this "Transparent" administration and policies. Its fun to watch other countries thumb their nose at our current leaders.
Granny

United States

#12 Jun 24, 2013
Eleanor wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, there should be consequences for breaking the law.
If the government truly desired to UPHOLD the law, ALL illegal immigration would have ceased when ALL of them were legally deported.
Apparently the government didn't feel threatened by illegal immigration, but they DO FEEL threatened by the public finding out about this!!!
I agree with your comment with the exception of the first sentence.

Did he break a law or did he break a contract with his employer?

Since it is even questionable as to whether our sitting President is even legal it seems to me that this coubtry has become lawless.

Snowden for President

United States

#13 Jun 24, 2013
Eleanor wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, there should be consequences for breaking the law.

There was nothing done that was illegal. The laws were followed. Just because you or anyone else doesn't like what happened doesn't mean it was illegal, unless your a conservatard.

I'm curious, did you actually believe that all this time what you did on the Internet was private?
Eleanor

Vernon Hills, IL

#14 Jun 24, 2013
Guest wrote:
<quoted text>
There was nothing done that was illegal. The laws were followed. Just because you or anyone else doesn't like what happened doesn't mean it was illegal, unless your a conservatard.
I'm curious, did you actually believe that all this time what you did on the Internet was private?
Apparently the government believes that something illegal was done, but short of a conviction, Snowden is still considered to be innocent.

As far as Internet privacy is concerned, the term "hacker" indicates that there are those who unlawfully infringe upon people's privacy. Stories of celebrities' emails being hacked indicates that their expectation of privacy was violated.

Government investigation of internet usage, searches, downloads & emails, etc. WITH A SUBPEONA is legal. Any other peering by the government into the private actions of a citizen on the internet VIOLATES the Constitutional right to privacy.

United States

#15 Jun 24, 2013
Eleanor wrote:
<quoted text>Apparently the government believes that something illegal was done, but short of a conviction, Snowden is still considered to be innocent.

As far as Internet privacy is concerned, the term "hacker" indicates that there are those who unlawfully infringe upon people's privacy. Stories of celebrities' emails being hacked indicates that their expectation of privacy was violated.

Government investigation of internet usage, searches, downloads & emails, etc. WITH A SUBPEONA is legal. Any other peering by the government into the private actions of a citizen on the internet VIOLATES the Constitutional right to privacy.
Snowden admitted he broke the law. Hard to say your innocent when you admit guilt.

“your life is great”

Since: Aug 09

you poop in clean water

#16 Jun 24, 2013
how can he be guilty of espionage?
he wasn't spying ON the US, he was spying FOR the US.
and he didn't sell that information to the highest bidder, he just put it out there.
(reminds me of Brad Manning)
Bob

Middleton, WI

#17 Jun 25, 2013
Sheik Yerbouti wrote:
"Free country"? I hear he's trying to get into Cuba.
Bob

Middleton, WI

#19 Jun 25, 2013
Granny wrote:
Snowden is a hero in my book.
Snowden for President.
OK, lets ask companys trying to get Government contracts to contribute first.
Bob

Middleton, WI

#20 Jun 25, 2013
Sheik Yerbouti wrote:
Looks like your hero is staying in Russia to share/spill the beans with your Russian friends.

United States

#21 Jun 25, 2013
anneutral wrote:
how can he be guilty of espionage?
he wasn't spying ON the US, he was spying FOR the US.
and he didn't sell that information to the highest bidder, he just put it out there.
(reminds me of Brad Manning)
"Espionage or spying involves a government or individual obtaining information considered secret or confidential without the permission of the holder of the information. Espionage is inherently clandestine, as it is taken for granted that it is unwelcome and, in many cases illegal and punishable by law."

I'd say that ends your theory.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 6 min Grey Ghost 1,536,688
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 23 min TerreH 6,230
News Hillary Clinton to address Wellesley College gr... 28 min Ronald 82
News Flynn invokes 5th Amendment, refuses to comply ... 36 min 100PercentAmerican 98
News James Comey fired as FBI director 43 min spud 3,059
News Jared Who? Obama Gave Iranian Regime Secret Pal... 1 hr Cordwainer Trout 15
News New 'Blue Lives Matter' laws raise concerns amo... 1 hr spud 69
News Every GI Who Invaded Vietnam, Iraq, etc. Was a ... 1 hr Cordwainer Trout 35
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 1 hr CodeTalker 270,790
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 6 hr Chicagoan by Birth 240,970
More from around the web