Store that sold Sandy Hook gun loses ...

Store that sold Sandy Hook gun loses license

There are 47 comments on the WAPT-TV Jackson story from Apr 5, 2013, titled Store that sold Sandy Hook gun loses license. In it, WAPT-TV Jackson reports that:

A Connecticut store that sold a gun used to kill 26 people last December at Sandy Hook Elementary School no longer can legally sell firearms.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WAPT-TV Jackson.

Since: Mar 09

The Left Coast

#21 Apr 6, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
If you can't tell the difference between selling a lethal weapon designed to kill and a car or a house, then you're as stupid as you look.
Funny sheepet, you were talking about loaning your car, I mean you husbands car, and a bar and DUI or something. Just following your lead. I'm not very good at 'progressive' logic - sorry.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#22 Apr 6, 2013
RustyS wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny sheepet, you were talking about loaning your car, I mean you husbands car, and a bar and DUI or something. Just following your lead. I'm not very good at 'progressive' logic - sorry.
You're obviously not good at any logic. Typical GOPasaur.
senior citizen

Granite City, IL

#23 Apr 6, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
DUH!
That's why the person pulling the trigger goes to jail and not the gun.
Now you got it right - guns do not kill people - PEOPLE KILL PEOPLE.

Tawas City, Michigan

#24 Apr 6, 2013
senior citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
Now you got it right - guns do not kill people - PEOPLE KILL PEOPLE.
DUH!

But since we can't ban people, the only option left is to ban the guns they use to kill people.
Dane Thorsen

Long Beach, CA

#25 Apr 6, 2013
This is very totatarian. The MOTHER bought the gun not the shooter. Yet no one even mentions parental responsibility when you KNOW your on kid is a mental case. It ain't about the Guns....it's about the Monsters who pull the trigger. Give these facist progressives any excuse and they will rob you of your freedoms. Be very afraid.
senior citizen

Granite City, IL

#26 Apr 6, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
DUH!
But since we can't ban people, the only option left is to ban the guns they use to kill people.
Oh yes you can ban people- the mentally disturbed and the ones that have felony records.(I will say they will steal them if they cannot buy them)

LEAVE THE GUNS ALONE and the honest gun owners.

Most states have back ground checks and they have laws that are on the books that have NEVER BEEN FOLLOWED. Illinois - you have to have an FOID (Fire Owner Identification Card)card to buy a gun or ammo. But since Chicago is a gang city and Rahm Emanuel can not control the gangs they want to do away with the honest persons guns. The gangs will be the only ones with guns if Chicago gets their way. Illinois (the only state) does not have the conceal and carry because the politicians from Chicago are afraid of it but now the courts have gotten involved and they have until June to get it together.
tomuch

Roseville, MI

#27 Apr 6, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
The primary purpose of a car isn't to kill things.
If you give your car keys to an obviously drunk person you CAN be held liable if they hurt someone.
If you sell a gun to someone who uses it in a crime, you SHOULD be held liable.
Maybe people would be a bit more careful who they sell guns to, like the moron owner of the gun store in Sandy Hook.
Well then let's just make the alcohol makers liable.

SIR LANCELOT

“I just hate stupid people”

Since: Apr 07

DEEP SOUTHERN ILLINOIS

#28 Apr 7, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
Good.
Maybe if we held people who sell guns responsible for the crimes committed with those guns, it would cut down on the number of nutjobs who get guns.
Just as a bar owner can be held liable for serving alcohol to a drunk who later harms someone in a DUI.
If you want to sell a product who's primary purpose is to kill, then you should be liable if that product is used in a crime.
Maybe we should take it a few steps further.

Here's an analogy for you.

Since i own and operate a tractor trailer truck and i am regulated by federal hours of service regs while engaged in interstate commerce while operating my truck i can only operate for 14 hours per day without breaching 70 hours in 8 days.

If for say some reason i falsify my logbook or i simply ignore federal law and drive past the hours i legally have left and i get into ANY accident deemed my fault or NOT my fault i am still going to be held negligent and possibly be charged with vehicular homicide and face a lawsuit. if say i hand off my falsified logbook to another driver behind me and that is found out, that individual can also be charged with a crime for impeding a federal investigation and enabling my illegal activity, if i am a company driver and they knowingly knew i was operating illegally then they just became defendants as well, both criminally and financially, AND just say i was overweight and violated state or federal weight limits and the shipper who loaded my truck let me sign the Bill of Lading and they knowingly allowed me to leave their property overloaded, THEY just became defendants as well.

Just say the other driver is a chronic drunk driver and he pulls into my path and i hit him thus seriously injuring him or killing him, the accident will still be my fault because i simply SHOULD NOT have been there.

I believe the same procedure should apply to illegal aliens who kill Americans either in automobile accidents or by murdering them.

ANY liberal group or liberal politician who blocks any attempt at deporting illegals, or enables their criminal behavior should be charged with the crime of impeding a federal investigation and for violating US Federal Immigration law that says illegal aliens must be deported.

Same analogy should be used AGAINST them, they shouldn't have been there, therefore the accident or murder most likely wouldn't have happened and all parties should be held accountable.

SIR LANCELOT

“I just hate stupid people”

Since: Apr 07

DEEP SOUTHERN ILLINOIS

#29 Apr 7, 2013
Dane Thorsen wrote:
This is very totatarian. The MOTHER bought the gun not the shooter. Yet no one even mentions parental responsibility when you KNOW your on kid is a mental case. It ain't about the Guns....it's about the Monsters who pull the trigger. Give these facist progressives any excuse and they will rob you of your freedoms. Be very afraid.
All the gun owner needs is a good attorney, if he/she sold the gun and complied with the law that was in place at the time and the buyer{s} were legally allowed to purchase the weapon they have nothing to worry about and their license should be reinstated with monetary damages.

A few years ago the freak criminal lover Al Sharpton and a few other black leaders along with a few liberals threatened to sue gunmakers and gunshops over the high black on black murders taking place with the hope they could bankrupt the gun manufacturers.

They backed off when the NRA and several makers threatened to counter sue over violating their Constitutional rights to own and manufacture a legal product.
August

Silver Springs, FL

#30 Apr 7, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Right, in that case she was sloppy about securing her weapons and it cost her her life. Unfortunately she also caused the death of 25 innocent people as well.
Again, you're trying to place blame on the wrong person. "She caused the death of 25 innocent people?" She wasn't the shooter. Why, oh why, do libs ALWAYS try to blame anyone or anything other than the PERSON WHO ACTUALLY PULLED THE TRIGGER?

Tawas City, Michigan

#31 Apr 7, 2013
senior citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh yes you can ban people- the mentally disturbed and the ones that have felony records.(I will say they will steal them if they cannot buy them)
LEAVE THE GUNS ALONE and the honest gun owners.
Most states have back ground checks and they have laws that are on the books that have NEVER BEEN FOLLOWED. Illinois - you have to have an FOID (Fire Owner Identification Card)card to buy a gun or ammo. But since Chicago is a gang city and Rahm Emanuel can not control the gangs they want to do away with the honest persons guns. The gangs will be the only ones with guns if Chicago gets their way. Illinois (the only state) does not have the conceal and carry because the politicians from Chicago are afraid of it but now the courts have gotten involved and they have until June to get it together.
Exactly, they will steal the guns if they can't buy them, which is why the ONLY answer is to get rid of as many guns as possible. You can't steal what isn't there; you can't shoot what isn't there.

The police will have to do house-to-house searches and pat downs on the street to get the guns.

Tawas City, Michigan

#32 Apr 7, 2013
August wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, you're trying to place blame on the wrong person. "She caused the death of 25 innocent people?" She wasn't the shooter. Why, oh why, do libs ALWAYS try to blame anyone or anything other than the PERSON WHO ACTUALLY PULLED THE TRIGGER?

I blame BOTH people.

Thankfully they're BOTH dead now so at least we know neither of them will kill more children.

Tawas City, Michigan

#33 Apr 7, 2013
tomuch wrote:
<quoted text>
Well then let's just make the alcohol makers liable.
Fine by me.

Since: Mar 09

The Left Coast

#34 Apr 7, 2013
Keep going sheeplet. How about if parents and grandparents are held liable, criminally and financially, for anything their adult children/grandchildren do. No matter what the crime, it must be somebody or something else’s fault. Maybe a little voluntary counseling for criminals is OK, as long it doesn’t hurt their feelings. You paint a new, progressively pretty, world. Criminals and psychotic killers will respond, trust me.
senior citizen

Granite City, IL

#35 Apr 7, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly, they will steal the guns if they can't buy them, which is why the ONLY answer is to get rid of as many guns as possible. You can't steal what isn't there; you can't shoot what isn't there.
The police will have to do house-to-house searches and pat downs on the street to get the guns.
That is taking my 2nd Amendment right away just because the states can not control their gangs and THUGS. Your comment is BS. If the guns are taken away the only ones that will have guns will be the GANGS AND THUGS. We honest gun owners will be held hostage since we would have NOTHING to defend ourselves with other than a base ball bat. Would that make you happy to see your family beaten and murder and you just sit there with a glass of tea??????

Tawas City, Michigan

#36 Apr 7, 2013
RustyS wrote:
Keep going sheeplet. How about if parents and grandparents are held liable, criminally and financially, for anything their adult children/grandchildren do. No matter what the crime, it must be somebody or something else’s fault. Maybe a little voluntary counseling for criminals is OK, as long it doesn’t hurt their feelings. You paint a new, progressively pretty, world. Criminals and psychotic killers will respond, trust me.
Don't care.

If you don't want to be responsible for what your kids do, then I suggest you don't have kids.

Tawas City, Michigan

#37 Apr 7, 2013
senior citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
That is taking my 2nd Amendment right away just because the states can not control their gangs and THUGS. Your comment is BS. If the guns are taken away the only ones that will have guns will be the GANGS AND THUGS. We honest gun owners will be held hostage since we would have NOTHING to defend ourselves with other than a base ball bat. Would that make you happy to see your family beaten and murder and you just sit there with a glass of tea??????
You have no individual 2nd amendment right; only as part of a state militia. If you want to personally own a gun, then I suggest you move to a state which allows that. You currently have 50 states to choose from, since NO state has banned all guns yet.

If you have a right to own a gun, then so do "GANGS AND THUGS". Do you really think you're going to win a shootout when a well armed gang comes to your house?

If you're so worried about the "GANGS AND THUGS" then why don't you get your police to do something about them?
senior citizen

Granite City, IL

#38 Apr 7, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
You have no individual 2nd amendment right; only as part of a state militia. If you want to personally own a gun, then I suggest you move to a state which allows that. You currently have 50 states to choose from, since NO state has banned all guns yet.
If you have a right to own a gun, then so do "GANGS AND THUGS". Do you really think you're going to win a shootout when a well armed gang comes to your house?
If you're so worried about the "GANGS AND THUGS" then why don't you get your police to do something about them?
I do have a 2nd Amendment right. Again why do you want to punish the honest gun owner? Why should I have to move - just because we have idiots that have no idea about the Constitution? No I will not move and yes I will fight for my rights. To answer your question on a shoot-out YES I would win a shoot out with the GANGS AN THUGS when I have an advantage when they are kicking in my door I am shooting - bang- their dead, and if I am on the street shooting at me - with CC that will be set up in Illinois in June - they will have no idea that I will be firing back. Your comments are funny about having the police do something about GANGS AND THUGS. Tell that to CHICAGO - Mayor Rahm Emanuel and Obama. It takes the cops at least 5 minutes to get to a place close when you are in trouble and in 5 minutes you could be spread all over the street. Cops can not be every where all the time and you can NOT expect them to be stuck to you like bubble gum.

Tawas City, Michigan

#39 Apr 7, 2013
senior citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
I do have a 2nd Amendment right. Again why do you want to punish the honest gun owner? Why should I have to move - just because we have idiots that have no idea about the Constitution? No I will not move and yes I will fight for my rights. To answer your question on a shoot-out YES I would win a shoot out with the GANGS AN THUGS when I have an advantage when they are kicking in my door I am shooting - bang- their dead, and if I am on the street shooting at me - with CC that will be set up in Illinois in June - they will have no idea that I will be firing back. Your comments are funny about having the police do something about GANGS AND THUGS. Tell that to CHICAGO - Mayor Rahm Emanuel and Obama. It takes the cops at least 5 minutes to get to a place close when you are in trouble and in 5 minutes you could be spread all over the street. Cops can not be every where all the time and you can NOT expect them to be stuck to you like bubble gum.
Yep, I see yet another dead wannabe Dirty Harry......

I'd suggest you move to a safer town, but you deserve to be a crime victim so please stay where you are.
senior citizen

Granite City, IL

#40 Apr 7, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep, I see yet another dead wannabe Dirty Harry......
I'd suggest you move to a safer town, but you deserve to be a crime victim so please stay where you are.
Yep - you like to run away from the problems and let the criminals do as they please - you won't sing that song when the GANGS and THUGS shoot up a city - it could be YOURS.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Nostrilis Waxmoron 1,419,534
News GOP at war with itself 7 min Tn clm 1,713
News Democrat asks Villages to stop playing Hillary ... 13 min Trumping On MMXVI 42
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 16 min It aint necessari... 205,136
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 16 min Denny CranesPlace 393,331
News News 14 Mins Ago Trump rebukes racism claims as... 26 min spanishflyco 89
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... 28 min swampmudd 7,907
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 28 min Uncle Tab 239,658
More from around the web