Obama Calls for Calm in Aftermath of ...

Obama Calls for Calm in Aftermath of Verdict

There are 627 comments on the The Wall Street Journal story from Jul 15, 2013, titled Obama Calls for Calm in Aftermath of Verdict. In it, The Wall Street Journal reports that:

President Barack Obama on Sunday called for calm in the aftermath of the not-guilty finding in the death of Trayvon Martin, saying, "We are a nation of laws, and a jury has spoken.'

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Wall Street Journal.

Responsibility

Petaluma, CA

#151 Jul 16, 2013
Robert wrote:
<quoted text>
follow a criminal and get beat up, it is your fault.
Your ignorant Zimmerman kind of unintelligent assumption is an assumption that is laughable - the criminal was the guy who stalked and killed a seventeen year old. Call it correctly, bobo.
serfs up

Ormond Beach, FL

#153 Jul 16, 2013
Responsibility wrote:
<quoted text>
Your ignorant Zimmerman kind of unintelligent assumption is an assumption that is laughable - the criminal was the guy who stalked and killed a seventeen year old. Call it correctly, bobo.
One of those seventeen year olds attacked a relative in a changing neighborhood.
Responsibility

Petaluma, CA

#155 Jul 16, 2013
serfs up wrote:
<quoted text> One of those seventeen year olds attacked a relative in a changing neighborhood.
Dear, until Zimmerman stalked an innocent seventeen year old, there was no attack and connecting past "attacks" is not relevant to this man with a packet of skittles and an iced tea being stalked and followed by a creepy man who should have stayed in his car.
chisholm

Columbus, OH

#156 Jul 16, 2013
Robert wrote:
<quoted text>
If what you said had any truth to it then you would have reason to be angry about it but you are lying and that is why we have to go on evidence not emotion. If Zimmerman wanted to do that the last thing he would have done was call police, he was simply keeping an eye on Martin until police arrived. He lost track of him only to find him again when Martin assaulted him because he was mad at being followed by the creepy ass cracker.
Don't accuse me of "lying" and then start lying yourself, Robert. It marks you as a person with no credibility who's going purely on emotion, not evidence.:)
chisholm

Columbus, OH

#157 Jul 16, 2013
Robert wrote:
<quoted text>
Zimmerman lives there why can't he walk anywhere in the common areas of the subdivision. What besides you says he can't. And as for smearing the suspect, why not, he is a thief, he was caught at school with stolen stuff, why should he not be painted with the brush he furnished by his own behavior. What if Zimmerman had no gun and ended up beat up, would you still say it is his fault, follow a criminal and get beat up, it is your fault.
No evidence that Trayvon was a "criminal" or that he "was caught with stolen stuff." Sorry, another falsehood.
ICE

Thorntown, IN

#158 Jul 16, 2013
Responsibility wrote:
<quoted text>
Dear, until Zimmerman stalked an innocent seventeen year old, there was no attack and connecting past "attacks" is not relevant to this man with a packet of skittles and an iced tea being stalked and followed by a creepy man who should have stayed in his car.
The innocent teenager had at least 5 minutes to walk to his daddy's house which was close, the innocent teenager decided to hide so he could jump that "cracka", the innocent teenager was going to show that "cracka" by beat'in his"cracka" ass.
Uh Oh! That "cracka" has a Concealed carry permit.
ICE

Thorntown, IN

#159 Jul 16, 2013
tea-baggage wrote:
<quoted text>
You hillbillies (many of whom suck welfare yourselves) should complain about the corporate welfare, massive waste in defense budgets - huge agribusiness subsides etc. all that stuff that dwarfs welfare for the poor. That's where most of your tax $$$ go - but that never bothers you. Why? Because youíre ignorant bigots - that's why.
You know a lot about hillbillies, what are you some hillbilly Psychologist?

Since: Oct 08

Alpharetta, GA

#161 Jul 16, 2013
I know what you're thinking, did he shoot 6 times, or only 5. to tell the truth, in all the confusion, I kinda lost count myself....but being as this is a .44 magnum, the most powerful handgun in all the world, and would blow your head clean off, you gotta ask yourself, do I feel lucky?

Well, travon, do ya punk?
chisholm

Columbus, OH

#162 Jul 16, 2013
ICE wrote:
<quoted text>The innocent teenager had at least 5 minutes to walk to his daddy's house which was close, the innocent teenager decided to hide so he could jump that "cracka", the innocent teenager was going to show that "cracka" by beat'in his"cracka" ass.
Uh Oh! That "cracka" has a Concealed carry permit.
Uh-oh, there's not one bit of evidence to support those claims except Zimmerman's unconfirmed claims. He killed the only other witness, remember?:)
ICE

Thorntown, IN

#164 Jul 16, 2013
inbred Genius wrote:
I know what you're thinking, did he shoot 6 times, or only 5. to tell the truth, in all the confusion, I kinda lost count myself....but being as this is a .44 magnum, the most powerful handgun in all the world, and would blow your head clean off, you gotta ask yourself, do I feel lucky?
Well, travon, do ya punk?
I gots to know!
ICE

Thorntown, IN

#165 Jul 16, 2013
chisholm wrote:
<quoted text>
Uh-oh, there's not one bit of evidence to support those claims except Zimmerman's unconfirmed claims. He killed the only other witness, remember?:)
Uh Oh, yes there is, it came out in the trial, pay attention and stop believing everything Al Sharpton tells you to believe.
ICE

Thorntown, IN

#166 Jul 16, 2013
tea-baggage wrote:
<quoted text>
why, are you shopping around for a good hillbilly psychologist?
if so, I think I can point you in the right direction.
No Im not actually, but I can help you with your mental demons.
Robert

Douglasville, GA

#168 Jul 16, 2013
chisholm wrote:
<quoted text>
No evidence that Trayvon was a "criminal" or that he "was caught with stolen stuff." Sorry, another falsehood.
A guard at school caught him holding 12 pieces of women jewelry, a watch and a screwdriver. Travon Martin claimed these items were given to him to hold by an un-named friend. Like I said he is a thief.
Robert

Douglasville, GA

#169 Jul 16, 2013
Responsibility wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course he can (and in this crazy country armed too) and so can guests to the subdivision.
Perhaps there are rules in this subdivision that some creepy guy can stalk and follow folks as they walk in the rain at the respectable hour of seven in the evening?
Explain how if you think someone is following you that is is ok to hit them in the face, throw them on the ground and beat them.
chisholm

Columbus, OH

#172 Jul 16, 2013
ICE wrote:
<quoted text>Uh Oh, yes there is, it came out in the trial, pay attention and stop believing everything Al Sharpton tells you to believe.
Link, please?
chisholm

Columbus, OH

#173 Jul 16, 2013
Robert wrote:
<quoted text>
A guard at school caught him holding 12 pieces of women jewelry, a watch and a screwdriver. Travon Martin claimed these items were given to him to hold by an un-named friend. Like I said he is a thief.
So, it was proven that they WEREN'T given to him? He was arrested for theft? Link?

SIR LANCELOT

“I just hate stupid people”

Since: Apr 07

DEEP SOUTHERN ILLINOIS

#174 Jul 16, 2013
Here is a thread to place the hate crimes being committed by blacks over the Zimmerman verdict.

They are taking place nationwide, they must be documented, there are going to be lawsuits, some class action against the Black Panthers for calling for attacks against whites, hispanics and others over the Zimmerman verdict.

RICO statutes may apply if threats are conducted over state lines resulting in criminal behavior.

Lawsuits are also planned against the US Justice Dept and other race hustlers also.

I need your help by placing them on this thread so the proper people can identify the victims and an attorney can contact them.

Time to fight back.

http://www.topix.com/forum/us/politics/TCOFFK...
chisholm

Columbus, OH

#175 Jul 16, 2013
Robert wrote:
<quoted text>
Explain how if you think someone is following you that is is ok to hit them in the face, throw them on the ground and beat them.
Explain why you would violate block watch rules by carrying a gun, then ignore a request from a dispatcher and get out of your car to chase a supposed "perp" who's really a teenager who's done nothing wrong?

We don't know how the confrontation started. We do know that Martin had reason to be suspicious of Zimmerman.
senior citizen

Granite City, IL

#176 Jul 16, 2013
Responsibility wrote:
<quoted text>
You guys continue to character assassinate the victim.
You might want to look at the killer's past, and his unsaintly record of killing a seventeen year old who he had been stalking.
Interesting to note some points from the juror interviewed yesterday:
1. "He (ZIMMERMAN) just didnít stop at the limitations that he should have stopped at".
2. "Exactly. I think he (ZIMMERMAN) just didnít know when to stop. He was frustrated, and things just got out of hand".
3. "I think heís (ZIMMERMAN) guilty of not using good judgment. When he was in the car and he called 911, he shouldnít have gotten out of that car".
AND IMPORTANTLY:
At the beginning of the deliberation, three jurors believed he was not guilty, three believed he was guilty.
The juror stated THEY HAD TO READ THE LAW's on BOTH 2nd degree murder and manslaughter - if you watched that trial and the deliberation and listened to the juror you would not have posted such an asinine thing. They (Jurors) even called for clarification of the manslaughter law. You should have watch the trial. I might add the 2nd degree murder was not supposed to be there - that was a prosecution sneak type of that caused the defense attorneys to get hot under the collar. The Attorney General Crowly got mad at her own state lawyers and fired one because he made sure the defense attorney got the data that the prosecution attorney had for months and it should have been provided to the defense. TYPICAL LYING PIECE OF CRAP - the Dems will try to win by CHEATING, LYING OR STEALING.
senior citizen

Granite City, IL

#177 Jul 16, 2013
chisholm wrote:
<quoted text>
Explain why you would violate block watch rules by carrying a gun, then ignore a request from a dispatcher and get out of your car to chase a supposed "perp" who's really a teenager who's done nothing wrong?
We don't know how the confrontation started. We do know that Martin had reason to be suspicious of Zimmerman.
We also know Zimmerman had a reason to be suspicious of Martin.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News GOP closer to big win with House tax vote; Sena... 4 min Retribution 13
News Anti-gay married Republican quits after he is c... 10 min Retribution 5
News Moscow meeting in June 2017 under scrutiny in T... 30 min Apprentice 2
News Sen. Hatch to Dems saying tax cuts are for rich... 31 min Retribution 12
News Undocumented Workers Contribute Billions to SSI... 50 min shnuffmopopo 69
News Republicans begin pushing tax cut bill through ... 1 hr HitLier 86
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 hr The Big Lebowski 1,640,421
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 1 hr Hector Gonzalez 41,591
News Roy Moore's sexual assault allegations cloud Al... 2 hr THIS 126
News Senator Al Franken accused of groping, kissing ... 9 hr Ms Sassy 63
More from around the web