Obama Calls for Calm in Aftermath of Verdict

Jul 15, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Wall Street Journal

President Barack Obama on Sunday called for calm in the aftermath of the not-guilty finding in the death of Trayvon Martin, saying, "We are a nation of laws, and a jury has spoken.'

Comments (Page 30)

Showing posts 581 - 600 of638
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Liberals R Defective

Twinsburg, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2013

Strel wrote:
<quoted text>
Chrysler sucked, GM somewhat less so. They got what they deserved and they are the ones primarily responsible for their success or failure.
I thought you were a conservative and capitalist and would understand this concept.
Unions suck as well, and share some of the responsibility for exporting their own jobs.
And guess what? Obama had nothing to do with that.
I don't drink Kool-Aid, but your username paints you as someone who not only drinks it, but has a favorite flavor. Let's say grape.
So you should change your name to Orange Kool-Aid is Defective.
So you just like to roil the waters? Whatever gets you through the night....
Strel

Tallahassee, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2013

Judged:

Liberals R Defective wrote:
<quoted text>So you just like to roil the waters? Whatever gets you through the night....
You might see things more clearly if you made a concerted effort to be just a little more objective.

Unfortunately, you, like too many Americans, feel the need to pick a "team" and root for it in spite of logic, reason and common sense.

I don't have a team, I don't occupy a pigeonhole.

It's marvelously liberating, you should try it sometime.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2013

Judged:

Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>
No she is on vacation. Just like your brain.
Of course "she" is, Au Dumbo.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2013

Judged:

conservative crapola wrote:
<quoted text>
And 9 of his posts today.
We know who's post disappeared pookie, yours for the lies and off topic vile.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2013

Judged:

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course "she" is, Au Dumbo.
You have been going to prove this for a year.......what's taking you so long pookie.
conservative crapola

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2013

Judged:

Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>
They took down your bigoted, vile reply to TonyT, too.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2013

Judged:

conservative crapola wrote:
<quoted text>
They took down your bigoted, vile reply to TonyT, too.
Oh really, what was the post number. The did take down dozens of your.......there not there anymore. hahahahahahaha
conservative crapola

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2013

Judged:

#1351, dumbo.

http://www.topix.com/forum/us/politics/TM1VLA...

hahahahahahaha
tea-baggage

Southbury, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2013

Judged:

Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>
No she is on vacation. Just like your brain.
interesting, so that part of your shriveled up raisin brain has been on extended vacation.

that would explain your steadily dropping IQ.

lol
tea-baggage

Southbury, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2013

Judged:

Le Jimbo wrote:
Oh really, what was the post number. The did take down dozens of your.......there not there anymore. hahahahahahaha
you seem especially challenged this morning.

started early today on huffing the cleaning chemicals, eh?

lol

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2013

Judged:

Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>You have been going to prove this for a year.......what's taking you so long pookie.
Proved a year ago, pookie.

Wipe your chin.
Liberals R Defective

Twinsburg, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2013

Judged:

Strel wrote:
<quoted text>
You might see things more clearly if you made a concerted effort to be just a little more objective.
Unfortunately, you, like too many Americans, feel the need to pick a "team" and root for it in spite of logic, reason and common sense.
I don't have a team, I don't occupy a pigeonhole.
It's marvelously liberating, you should try it sometime.
I always opt for the Constitution when making my "choices" for a "team." Our Constitution is quite "clear." I have YET to find one democrat politician that doesn't treat our founding document like a roll of Charmin bath tissue. And in recent years, there are more and more so called Republicans acting the same way. I have no use for those types of liars and cheats.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>I always opt for the Constitution when making my "choices" for a "team."
Because you are such a constitutional scholar, you have made a names for yourselves.
Strel

Tallahassee, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>I always opt for the Constitution when making my "choices" for a "team." Our Constitution is quite "clear." I have YET to find one democrat politician that doesn't treat our founding document like a roll of Charmin bath tissue. And in recent years, there are more and more so called Republicans acting the same way. I have no use for those types of liars and cheats.
Oh I expect you think you do, but you really don't.

No written down law is so "clear" that it cannot lead to absurdity and in injustice if not tempered with human experience. That's why we have a common law system based on stare decisis and why our laws are subject to judicial review - something people like you neither appreciate nor understand unless it happens to favor you in a particular case.

The rest of your post just really proves my point. You cannot fathom a world where the "democrats" might be correct in come circumstances, and not in others, and that the issue should be driven by facts and logic instead of predetermined ideology.

Objectivity is not part of your skill set.
Liberals R Defective

Twinsburg, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2013

Judged:

Strel wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh I expect you think you do, but you really don't.
No written down law is so "clear" that it cannot lead to absurdity and in injustice if not tempered with human experience. That's why we have a common law system based on stare decisis and why our laws are subject to judicial review - something people like you neither appreciate nor understand unless it happens to favor you in a particular case.
The rest of your post just really proves my point. You cannot fathom a world where the "democrats" might be correct in come circumstances, and not in others, and that the issue should be driven by facts and logic instead of predetermined ideology.
Objectivity is not part of your skill set.
What's right is right, and what's wrong is wrong. Very simple to figure out if you use a moral compass. I see the "objectivity" of today's politicians destroying this nation, one rule and regulation at a time. I'll fight the liberal destroyers every chance I get.
Strel

Tallahassee, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2013

Judged:

Us v. Them?

With us or against us?

You live in a black and white world, but the real world has infinite shades of color.

I'll leave you with this thought from Nietzsche:

Convictions are more dangerous enemies of the truth than lies.

You are tilting at windmills.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>What's right is right, and what's wrong is wrong. Very simple to figure out if you use a moral compass.
From whom did you steal your moral compass?
Liberals R Defective

Twinsburg, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2013

Judged:

Strel wrote:
Us v. Them?
With us or against us?
You live in a black and white world, but the real world has infinite shades of color.
I'll leave you with this thought from Nietzsche:
Convictions are more dangerous enemies of the truth than lies.
You are tilting at windmills.
You quote Nietzche? You've told me all I need to know about your world view.
Strel

Tallahassee, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>You quote Nietzche? You've told me all I need to know about your world view.
I can see that providing information to you is pointless. Your problem is not ignorance, it is in your mode of thinking.

Nietzsche is a great many things, in this statement he is speaking as an existentialist. But I expect you only know the pop-culture shallow understanding of his work.

If I quoted a similar passage from Kierkegaard, who was nominally Christian, it would have the same meaning objectively.

But you don't know what it means to be objective.

Anyway, thanks for demonstrating your philosophical illiteracy. You missed or ignored the meaning of the quote, and out of either ignorance or insecurity respond with an ad hominem on the philosopher.

And so you remain a perfect example of what is wrong with political thought in this country. I could expect a similar reaction to Nietzsche from an ultra-liberal.

Pfft.
Liberals R Defective

Twinsburg, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2013

Judged:

As I recall, your great philosopher, Nietzsche, was a communist. You can take all your high minded book smarts, along with your center left politics, and shove them up your posterior. I could care less.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 581 - 600 of638
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

113 Users are viewing the US News Forum right now

Search the US News Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Texas law professor calls for repeal of Second ... 3 min Barack ist der ausfall 7,119
8 shot across Chicago in less than seven hours 5 min Jesse Jackson Smells 10
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min Yeah 1,037,753
The President has failed us (Jun '12) 6 min RoxLo 219,644
Gay marriage (Mar '13) 11 min Rosa_Winkel 40,392
Spinning Obamacare success 13 min RoxLo 110
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 16 min Scrutiny 167,761
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 1 hr Mao-bama Zombies 139,203
1. Nevada rancher condemned for racist ... 1 hr Cordwainer Trout 47
•••
•••
•••
•••