Obama Calls for Calm in Aftermath of Verdict

Jul 15, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Wall Street Journal

President Barack Obama on Sunday called for calm in the aftermath of the not-guilty finding in the death of Trayvon Martin, saying, "We are a nation of laws, and a jury has spoken.'

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of638
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
nobummer

Rio Rancho, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2013

Judged:

calling for calm after he and holder personally stoked the fire last year. buncha racist hacks in DC. if the tribal elder only had a son etc etc
Aria

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2013

Judged:

I want civil rights charges now!! He called my boy a cracker and thenvtried to kill him!! Charge dead skittle boy. Tastevthe rainbow knickers!!

Since: Mar 09

The Left Coast

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2013

Judged:

The first thing we need to do is hold a celebrity fund raiser for Al Sharpton. If we expect him to keep this going, we need to come up with the cash. All donations are tax deductible, of course.
Gravediggers

West Palm Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2013

Judged:

President Obama = agitator, DIVIDER

It is his interjections that have interfered with cases.

That's what the American public gets when a neophyte is elected to the highest office in the land.

We reap what we have sown.

Now, on to 2014 and 2016.
Robert

Douglasville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2013

Judged:

In LA protesters over the verdict blocked the freeway and threw rocks at police. You throw a rock at a policeman in California because you don't like a jury verdict in Florida.

The justice department is egging this on by stringing this out saying we are looking at it. They have had a year and a half all they want to do is inflame the issue for political purposes.

What are these protesters saying, are they saying that it was ok for Trayvon to strike Zimmerman because he was following him, that he did not strike Zimmerman (not supported by the evidence) or that Zimmerman is required to take a beating?

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2013

Judged:

RustyS wrote:
The first thing we need to do is hold a celebrity fund raiser for Al Sharpton. If we expect him to keep this going, we need to come up with the cash. All donations are tax deductible, of course.
Sharpton and the Detroit woman should make the video ad. They both can't speak English nor talk without drowning the mic with spit.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2013

Judged:

FBI records: agents found no evidence that Zimmerman was racist

Frances Robles and Scott Hiaason | Miami Herald
After interviewing nearly three dozen people in the George Zimmerman murder case, the FBI found no evidence that racial bias was a motivating factor in the shooting of Trayvon Martin, records released Thursday show.

Read more here: http://www.mcclatchydc.com/2012/07/12/155918/...
conservative crapola

Allentown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2013

Judged:

Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>
More babble from okiehomo. Territory of uneducated.

hahahahahahahahahahahaha

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2013

Judged:

So it's open season on blacks. Don't even need a permit.
sound logic enclosed

Fort Lauderdale, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2013

Judged:

I admire President Obama and all that he has accomplished in his life, but I find it sad that in spite of this nation coming such a long way to the point of electing the first African American President that an unarmed innocent Black teenager can be gunned down and the person that killed him can get away with it.
conservative crapola

Allentown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2013

Judged:

Eighthman wrote:
<quoted text>
flagged as spam
conservative crapola

Allentown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2013

Judged:

Eighthman wrote:
<quoted text>
flagged as board spam.
sound logic enclosed

Fort Lauderdale, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2013

Judged:

Eighthman wrote:
<quoted text>Hispanics = 1 Blacks = 0
If Obama would keep his stupid mouth shut, there would be no unrest at this point. He is a troublemaker and a stupid bigot. He didn't even know that Zimmerman is Hispanic and that he took a black girl to the prom and mentored many little black kids. Obama is a troublemaker and an idiot and is the sole reason there is more unrest in this country. He's got to go. Reno even knows that. That's why she jumped his sinking ship; The USS LYING IDIOT.
I know that people make fun of you on here, and that no one takes you serious… but there is something seriously wrong with you. I’ve seen you obsess over things to the point where you post the same one word over and over from one thread to the next. It’s obvious that you are fighting with internal demons and that you’re dealing with a mental torture that torments you to the point of excruciating pain… I actually feel sorry for you.
chisholm

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2013

Judged:

It's still his 'fault' because he's black, just as it's Sharpton's fault, and Holder's fault, and ultimately, Trayvon's fault.

If you're linked to any crime in America and you're black, you're to blame. That's the right's reaction and will always be their reaction. Why?

Because they're racists. Period.
chisholm

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2013

Judged:

nobummer wrote:
calling for calm after he and holder personally stoked the fire last year. buncha racist hacks in DC. if the tribal elder only had a son etc etc
Classic right wing post...say racist stuff but call someone else a 'racist.'

lol
Fight Back

Surprise, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2013

Judged:

conservative crapola wrote:
<quoted text>
flagged as board spam.
If he's flagged as spam, you should be flushed as crap.
Do you EVER post ANYTHING on topic?
No. You are a major a-hole.
Back on topic.
How nice the Idiot in chief calls for calm after beibg a large part of the problem. Too bad the black poster boy also happened to be a thug wannabe that was trying to kill someone for following him in a neighborhood that was experiencing break-ins.
George Z was attacked while walking back to his car, by a man with a history of violence and crimanal activity. In the act of attempting to kill Mr. Martin, Trayvon was shot.
Most people in that position would shoot too.
Trayvon was no saint, and he brought what happened on himself.
In my opinion, no great loss.

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2013

Judged:

To me it is a shame in this Country that a trial of this nature
Was even covered as it was! First, Al Sharpton and Jesse Jacksons
Did not even know all the facts of the case before they started protests
in the beginning! The jury had the evidence and made a decision based on
Presented facts! For Afro-Americans to react like
"The word is after us" is crazy!
You as a white person walk through a black area of town you will be called names, beaten, robbed or murdered, and never hear a word about it being a race thing!
senior citizen

Granite City, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2013

Judged:

WeTheSheeple wrote:
So it's open season on blacks. Don't even need a permit.
It's open season only after the blacks beats the victim, breaks their nose and smashes their head in the sidewalk. That's called SELF DEFENSE.
Don Joe

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2013

Judged:

chisholm wrote:
It's still his 'fault' because he's black, just as it's Sharpton's fault, and Holder's fault, and ultimately, Trayvon's fault.
If you're linked to any crime in America and you're black, you're to blame. That's the right's reaction and will always be their reaction. Why?
Because they're racists. Period.
I don't think any link is required.
Makes sense

Dearborn, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2013

Judged:

Shame on our country.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of638
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••