Superstorm Sandy pushes some illegal ...

Superstorm Sandy pushes some illegal immigrants further into the darkness

There are 24 comments on the WJLA-TV Arlington story from Nov 24, 2012, titled Superstorm Sandy pushes some illegal immigrants further into the darkness. In it, WJLA-TV Arlington reports that:

Some of those who need help to get temporary housing and food are afraid to come forward because they risk deportation.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WJLA-TV Arlington.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#1 Nov 24, 2012
right off the bat keep that baby there is child endangerment,which the reporter must support. then again i thought reporters were mandated by law to report things like this.
that baby should be taken away and the reporter charged for failing to report.
and the fear can go away real easy by going back to the homeland.

i would lay odds. that baby gets a check and cash

“Work hard at work worth doing.”

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#2 Nov 24, 2012
"Fuentes, who works in a pizzeria, is not eligible for FEMA help because of his immigration status."

Oh, boo hoo. The owner needs to be fined and also have his head examinined. This guy nees to be removed. He probably has not had the proper shots that all American workers must have to handle food. God only knows what the guy has and is spreading on to others. I am sure that he doesn't wear gloves. One cough or sneeze is all it takes. Yuck...
spicy mike

Portland, OR

#3 Nov 24, 2012
teddyr4me wrote:
"Fuentes, who works in a pizzeria, is not eligible for FEMA help because of his immigration status."
Oh, boo hoo. The owner needs to be fined and also have his head examinined. This guy nees to be removed. He probably has not had the proper shots that all American workers must have to handle food. God only knows what the guy has and is spreading on to others. I am sure that he doesn't wear gloves. One cough or sneeze is all it takes. Yuck...
i dont feel anything for them,how could we,our taxs have gone through the roof from these people who have a country,they dont give a shit about this country,if they did they would'nt be playing us as suckers,there the classic examples,of biteing the hand that feeds them,if we were in mex=shit=co we would be in jail
ronnie

Brigham City, UT

#4 Nov 24, 2012
Whenever there is a disaster in Utah, the illegals are the first to line up for freebies and money. Today a house burned down in a dominantly Mexican area. The local media interviewed the people in Spanish. Family's member had just come with trailers from North Carolina to stack three family's high in a duplex. Of course they mentioned on Local Media the need for donations to be made at a Wells Fargo bank. Diapers and clothing for all the three family's. Utah is a giving city and of course these people will have more through donations than they had before, including another duplex within hours.Yet I wonder how many White American citizens would be on TV begging for money and help. What the Hell.

Location hidden

#5 Nov 25, 2012
ronnie wrote:
Whenever there is a disaster in Utah, the illegals are the first to line up for freebies and money. Today a house burned down in a dominantly Mexican area. The local media interviewed the people in Spanish. Family's member had just come with trailers from North Carolina to stack three family's high in a duplex. Of course they mentioned on Local Media the need for donations to be made at a Wells Fargo bank. Diapers and clothing for all the three family's. Utah is a giving city and of course these people will have more through donations than they had before, including another duplex within hours.Yet I wonder how many White American citizens would be on TV begging for money and help. What the Hell.
We heard about a similar case happen about a month ago in a neighboring state, on their local news, and the young daughter had to translate for her father. The same story just different faces. They are not too proud to put on their oh woe is me face for hand-outs. That's the problem, we are generally a compassionate people, who always worry about the kids, and they know how to push our buttons. Does Mexico ever send this country any aid in times of natural disasters??? I am really asking, I don't know the answer.
Dee Dee Dee

Emmaus, PA

#6 Nov 25, 2012
Again Americans are being harmed by illegal aliens. Not only are illegals stealing from Americans during a disaster but they are being encouraged to do so. To think that money that was supposed to be used to help victims of Sandy being stolen by illegal aliens just makes my blood boil.

Location hidden

#7 Nov 25, 2012
teddyr4me wrote:
<quoted text>We heard about a similar case happen about a month ago in a neighboring state, on their local news, and the young daughter had to translate for her father. The same story just different faces. They are not too proud to put on their oh woe is me face for hand-outs. That's the problem, we are generally a compassionate people, who always worry about the kids, and they know how to push our buttons. Does Mexico ever send this country any aid in times of natural disasters??? I am really asking, I don't know the answer.
sure they do.not. they send so called workers in after another storm and have never left,they think making another mexico here as helping.
Tanya

East Brunswick, NJ

#8 Nov 26, 2012
My hart is with all "immigrants" touched by Sandy. Some of them survive on volunteers as you and i. Thank you all. There are still thousands without electricity, water and food here. Here is the puzzle for you. "legal and illegal" My friend is a well educated, well mannered "Illegal" immigrant from eastern Europe currently lives in Brooklyn NY with her child. They've lost most of they had when their rental apartment got flooded by Sandy. After the disaster happened there is a huge "rental shortage" in Brooklyn and she was hoping to be allowed to stay in her current apartment as well as to help with renovation. She was looking for a new temporary rental place she could afford with no results. So she was using a damaged dwelling until her landlord finally pushed them out on A STREET. With the child! My friend have no lease for her 6 years rental apartment. There were a verbal agreement where she was required to pay by cash only and no receipt of payment should of being asked. She was doing it accurately for all 6 years. Regardless, on the Thanksgiving weekend all her belongings, furniture including all her food+ child medicine moved from the apartment by her Landlord. When she came home she've found her Landlord in her apartment and he was talking my friend to leave immediately. All it happened in presence of her child!!! At this point I've made a call to the police. All her belongings were moved or gone. Police arrived, but the landlord explained the lease situation. In a few minutes Police left and recommended my friend to go to court and get all cleared out this way. Helpful, right! No Police report was created and no mater how hard i was trying. My friend has a tax ID, pays taxes from work she does and has a small child who was born in USA. As a last resort we went to FIMA. First question was asked "What took you so long?" Fear of all "Legal" staff i really wanted to cry or scream. But I've pronounced nothing of cause. They are working with my friend so they are eligible. We hope that we'll be able to find some help at FIMA. The most of illegal immigrants are hard working people and do deserve this citizenship more than people who abuse them or takes advantage of them. We are ALL immigrants here after all. Wake UP!
Aphelion

United States

#9 Nov 26, 2012
Tanya wrote:
My hart is with all "immigrants" touched by Sandy. Some of them survive on volunteers as you and i. Thank you all. There are still thousands without electricity, water and food here. Here is the puzzle for you. "legal and illegal" My friend is a well educated, well mannered "Illegal" immigrant from eastern Europe currently lives in Brooklyn NY with her child. They've lost most of they had when their rental apartment got flooded by Sandy. After the disaster happened there is a huge "rental shortage" in Brooklyn and she was hoping to be allowed to stay in her current apartment as well as to help with renovation. She was looking for a new temporary rental place she could afford with no results. So she was using a damaged dwelling until her landlord finally pushed them out on A STREET. With the child! My friend have no lease for her 6 years rental apartment. There were a verbal agreement where she was required to pay by cash only and no receipt of payment should of being asked. She was doing it accurately for all 6 years. Regardless, on the Thanksgiving weekend all her belongings, furniture including all her food+ child medicine moved from the apartment by her Landlord. When she came home she've found her Landlord in her apartment and he was talking my friend to leave immediately. All it happened in presence of her child!!! At this point I've made a call to the police. All her belongings were moved or gone. Police arrived, but the landlord explained the lease situation. In a few minutes Police left and recommended my friend to go to court and get all cleared out this way. Helpful, right! No Police report was created and no mater how hard i was trying. My friend has a tax ID, pays taxes from work she does and has a small child who was born in USA. As a last resort we went to FIMA. First question was asked "What took you so long?" Fear of all "Legal" staff i really wanted to cry or scream. But I've pronounced nothing of cause. They are working with my friend so they are eligible. We hope that we'll be able to find some help at FIMA. The most of illegal immigrants are hard working people and do deserve this citizenship more than people who abuse them or takes advantage of them. We are ALL immigrants here after all. Wake UP!
You could have saved yourself some time and just stopped at my friend is an Illegal immigrant. If they are actually illegal in this country then they deserve no assistance or empathy for their predicament, as they do not belong here.

Nuff said

Location hidden

#10 Nov 26, 2012
Aphelion wrote:
<quoted text>
You could have saved yourself some time and just stopped at my friend is an Illegal immigrant. If they are actually illegal in this country then they deserve no assistance or empathy for their predicament, as they do not belong here.
Nuff said
the problems illegal aliens are having is liken to the problems they are causing for citizens. where ever an illegal aliens is in this country it should be as hard for them to stay as it is where the storm hit.then maybe they will get the heck out and go home. no one should be helping them it is a federal felony to help illegal aliens stay in this country.
Tanya

East Brunswick, NJ

#11 Nov 26, 2012
tomin cali wrote:
<quoted text>
the problems illegal aliens are having is liken to the problems they are causing for citizens. where ever an illegal aliens is in this country it should be as hard for them to stay as it is where the storm hit.then maybe they will get the heck out and go home. no one should be helping them it is a federal felony to help illegal aliens stay in this country.
Dear Aphelion. I would really appreciate if you could forward me the law stating that it is a federal felony to help illegal aliens.
ima

United States

#12 Nov 26, 2012
teddyr4me wrote:
<quoted text>We heard about a similar case happen about a month ago in a neighboring state, on their local news, and the young daughter had to translate for her father. The same story just different faces. They are not too proud to put on their oh woe is me face for hand-outs. That's the problem, we are generally a compassionate people, who always worry about the kids, and they know how to push our buttons. Does Mexico ever send this country any aid in times of natural disasters??? I am really asking, I don't know the answer.
Good question, teddy. I would think the Mexican government knows damn well that thousands upon thousands of people affected would be their OWN PEOPLE....illegally here, one would think they would send SOME FORM OF HELP, EVEN IF ONLY BLANKETS AND WATER.....would be greatly appreciated by us tax payers and our agencies who want to take care of EVERYONE in general. NOT EVEN A COMPASSIONATE COMMENT, this too would be greatly appreciated! Not one word from either Calderon or Nieto! TWO LOSERS, instead the WH expects a USELESS VISIT from Nieto, I'm sure the visit has nothing to do to show support of his illegal people here in our country who got whacked by Sandy. Not one word of sympathy from either!!! for shame, FOR SHAME!!!

Location hidden

#13 Nov 26, 2012
Tanya wrote:
<quoted text> Dear Aphelion. I would really appreciate if you could forward me the law stating that it is a federal felony to help illegal aliens.
here ya go.

http://www.mnforsustain.org/immigration_hirin...

there more, have to dig it up being the libs are trying to bury any facts on this issue.can also go to the gov website for more info .

Location hidden

#14 Nov 26, 2012
so you can see from the above no law obeying citizen would ever go so low as to support illegal aliens it just makes them an average criminal waiting for arrest as they should be.

too bad we cannot charge obama on this.

Location hidden

#15 Nov 27, 2012
tomin cali wrote:
so you can see from the above no law obeying citizen would ever go so low as to support illegal aliens it just makes them an average criminal waiting for arrest as they should be.
too bad we cannot charge obama on this.
If he changed his stance, he'd have to deal with his illegal auntie and drunken uncle...such upstanding takers.
Tanya

East Brunswick, NJ

#16 Nov 27, 2012
tomin cali wrote:
<quoted text>
here ya go.
http://www.mnforsustain.org/immigration_hirin...
there more, have to dig it up being the libs are trying to bury any facts on this issue.can also go to the gov website for more info .
All we need is to protect our borders and stop blaming illegal immigrants for all.
&fe ature=em-share_video_user
Tanya

East Brunswick, NJ

#17 Nov 27, 2012
teddyr4me wrote:
<quoted text>If he changed his stance, he'd have to deal with his illegal auntie and drunken uncle...such upstanding takers.
Yes, Obama is educated enough to be a human. I hope you understand, that you are an immigrant by your self. The people who is already in this country should be legalized and borders closed. It is my opinion ... you know. Do you have a better idea? Please use your mind and not an anger and hate.
Tanya

East Brunswick, NJ

#18 Nov 27, 2012
teddyr4me wrote:
<quoted text>If he changed his stance, he'd have to deal with his illegal auntie and drunken uncle...such upstanding takers.
“Anybody can become angry — that is easy, but to be angry with the right person and to the right degree and at the right time and for the right purpose, and in the right way — that is not within everybody's power and is not easy.”

Location hidden

#19 Nov 28, 2012
Tanya wrote:
<quoted text> Yes, Obama is educated enough to be a human. I hope you understand, that you are an immigrant by your self. The people who is already in this country should be legalized and borders closed. It is my opinion ... you know. Do you have a better idea? Please use your mind and not an anger and hate.
My definition of an educated man is the fellow who knows the right thing to do at the time it has to be done. You can be sincere and still be stupid.
~Charles Kettering

Location hidden

#20 Nov 28, 2012
Tanya wrote:
<quoted text>
“Anybody can become angry — that is easy, but to be angry with the right person and to the right degree and at the right time and for the right purpose, and in the right way — that is not within everybody's power and is not easy.”
No man is above the law and no man is below it: nor do we ask any man's permission when we ask him to obey it.
~Theodore Roosevelt

It's not about anger, it's about expecting our laws to be obeyed and enforced...period.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... 1 min woodtick57 878
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 2 min Brian_G 384,191
News Federal funding to replenish Grand Strand beach... 2 min Three Rounds 1
News Donald Trump rally draws thousands to Albuquerq... 3 min Wonder why 12
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 4 min Rosa_Winkel 11,858
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 4 min Fit2Serve 197,410
News Beyond the Philadelphia Soda Tax 6 min Three Rounds 1
News Feds' transgender guidance provokes fierce back... 1 hr Brian_G 996
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 3 hr they 225,069
News Dueling groups to rally at Confederate landmark 4 hr Quirky 1,492
More from around the web