Galaxy step out of the shadows, head ...

Galaxy step out of the shadows, head for MLS Cup

There are 3 comments on the Long Beach Press-Telegram story from Nov 13, 2009, titled Galaxy step out of the shadows, head for MLS Cup. In it, Long Beach Press-Telegram reports that:

He had not scored a goal in a Galaxy uniform. Gregg Berhalter has now, and his team will play for the MLS championship next weekend.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Long Beach Press-Telegram.

BWF

United States

#2 Nov 14, 2009
Yay Galaxy!! Hail the Galaxy!!
JBT

North Hollywood, CA

#3 Nov 14, 2009
I still don't get why the 1st round is 2 legs and the 2nd round 1, I get why the final is 1 game because it's on Neutral turf. MLS just doesn't quite get it...I hope they do someday...
BWF

United States

#4 Nov 14, 2009
JBT wrote:
I still don't get why the 1st round is 2 legs and the 2nd round 1, I get why the final is 1 game because it's on Neutral turf. MLS just doesn't quite get it...I hope they do someday...
I think they are trying to give the remaining higher seed teams home field advantage for the Conference Championship games. Makes sense to me. But you just want more soccer and I can't disagree with you there ;). I also like how road goals are not doubled in the first round. Just straight up goal totals in two games.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Houston Dynamo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Texian Army Raises over $1500 for Abbott Fire D... (Apr '13) Apr '13 MLS being involved 1
News Liga MX: Final weekend full of possibilities (Dec '12) Dec '12 Luis 3
News MLS post-season awards finalists announced (Oct '10) Oct '10 r decker 1
News Manchester United routs MLS All-Stars (Jul '10) Jul '10 Pesky army 1
News Crew pair looks forward to challenge | CrewXtra (Jul '10) Jul '10 Crew 1
News Crew Review | CrewXtra (Mar '10) Mar '10 R_M Cox 3
News Engineers replace switch at Home Depot Center a... (Dec '09) Dec '09 Gomer 2
More from around the web