Fire, Revolution tie 0-0 in MLS playo...

Fire, Revolution tie 0-0 in MLS playoff opener

There are 5 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Oct 30, 2008, titled Fire, Revolution tie 0-0 in MLS playoff opener. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

Brian McBride's header into the net was negated by an offside call in the 76th minute and the Chicago Fire escaped with a 0-0 draw against the New England Revolution on Thursday night in the opener of the Major ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

Pete

Chicago, IL

#1 Oct 30, 2008
I thought you were going to the game Luis.
Farid

Villa Park, IL

#2 Oct 30, 2008
Good tie for the Fire. Cant wait to play at TP next week though! Fire will move on with a 3x0 victory!(McBride scores two goals, Rolfe gets the exclamation point!)
COME ON BOYS!!
frosty

Naperville, IL

#3 Oct 31, 2008
This is really good result for the Fire away from home. Chicago will definetely take care of bussiness back here. I'm glad to see McBride connecting with the net, even though his goal was taken away. Good defense too! a victory next thursday, and I guarantee you, the Fire will go all the way.
Jon

Lincolnshire, IL

#4 Oct 31, 2008
I hardly ever watch soccer....but i know enough about the sport to see things develop and understand when a team has missed a legit scoring opprotunity...and for some reason i turned this game on 12 minutes in and watched the rest of the way.....WHAT A MISTAKE...a bunch of players flopping, complaining to the refs, trying to draw yellow cards. One guy was screaming like his leg fell off, until he saw the ref take out the yellow card and jumped back up right after. AND NO GOALS.....barely that many chances. What a waste of time....this is entertainment?
KAP

Des Plaines, IL

#5 Nov 1, 2008
This was a horrible result for the Fire - they should have won this game 3-0. No Twellman, no Ralston and two other starters out with red cards and the Fire go to New England and play for a tie!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Fire Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
fire firm (Jan '10) Jan '10 deeplipceo 1
News Schelotto scores 2 in Crew's 'big-time' rally (Sep '09) Sep '09 paulie 4
News Chicago Fire loses, but advance to SuperLiga se... (Jun '09) Jun '09 bumsteer 1
News Chicago Fire selects Baggio Husidic in MLS draft (Jan '09) Jun '09 random 10
News FC Dallas blanks Chicago Fire 3-0 (Jun '09) Jun '09 Arklow 7
News Fire extend unbeaten streak to 10 games (May '09) May '09 yikes 1
News Chicago Fire blanks Toronto FC 2-0 (May '09) May '09 TFCsupporter 1
More from around the web