Lott, the Senate's No. 2 Republican, ...

Lott, the Senate's No. 2 Republican, to resign

There are 5 comments on the WZZM Grand Rapids story from Nov 26, 2007, titled Lott, the Senate's No. 2 Republican, to resign. In it, WZZM Grand Rapids reports that:

JACKSON, Miss. - Sen. Trent Lott of Mississippi, the Senate's No. 2 Republican, plans to resign his seat before the end of the year, the Associated Press has learned.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WZZM Grand Rapids.

Kalamazoo, MI

#1 Nov 26, 2007
It is amazing what GWB has done to damage the Republican party.

Lansing, MI

#2 Nov 27, 2007
"The Supreme Court is expected to rule this week whether banning cross burning by groups like the Klu Klux Klan violates the first amendment. The outcome could affect the entertainment at Trent Lott's Christmas party." -Tina Fey

“Time for work”

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

#3 Nov 27, 2007
You do know he has to resign before 12-31 so he is not held back by new laws limiting ex-congressmen from becoming highly paid lobbyists? What a statesman Trent has become.

Kalamazoo, MI

#4 Nov 27, 2007
I hope they all quit and we can start over with Independents,

Traverse City, MI

#5 Nov 27, 2007
na na naaa naa....na na naaa naa...hey hey hey...goodbye.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Trent Lott Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Analysis: Hard feelings from 2014 carry into Se... Mar 6 The Patriot 1
News Analysis: Hard feelings from 2014 carry into Se... Mar 5 Rod Knox 1
News Trust and truth under Trump: Americans are in a... Jan '18 Kelly@MeToo 2
News Collins deserves praise - not a sit-in - for he... Dec '17 Republicans Shill... 1
News Nissan workers in Mississippi vote on whether t... (Aug '17) Aug '17 EMMETT TILL 99
News Senate rejects proposal banning lobbyist gifts (Mar '06) May '17 Cherokee Nation 29
News Paul Ryan taps lobbyist David Hoppe for top job (Oct '15) Oct '16 Randee Cabbage Se... 2