Judge's e-mail tipped Scruggs

Judge's e-mail tipped Scruggs

There are 2 comments on the The Clarion-Ledger story from Jan 18, 2008, titled Judge's e-mail tipped Scruggs. In it, The Clarion-Ledger reports that:

“The government would further show that Judge DeLaughter's name was submitted for federal judgeship and that DeLaughter was so notified.”

Hinds County Circuit Judge Bobby DeLaughter e-mailed a proposed judicial order involving Mississippi lawyer Dickie Scruggs to Ed Peters, a one-time district attorney and DeLaughter's former boss. via The Clarion-Ledger

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Clarion-Ledger.

Richard Jones

United States

#1 Jan 28, 2008
Government corruption against the poor in Mississippi is at epidemic proportions, so those cases are left buried such as the totally counterfeit and fraudulent Mississippi Supreme Court case NO. 2000-KA-00777-SCT. The case is as bogus as a three dollar bill and was never meant to go anywhere other than back to Hinds County Mississippi where it was remanded to file leaving my wife, children and I in limbo.
Link
http://www.geocities.com/oppressed101/

“Sanctus Kyrie Eleison”

Since: Jan 08

DuPage County, Illinois

#2 Jan 28, 2008
I would be interested in understanding more about the processes that allowed this case to be brought to court. I am sure that many bribes occur that are not reported because of the generally private nature of email.

1) How does one get just cause to subpoena email records?

2) How does a person find representation willing to take on a system so layered with corruption, in which all the players protect each other as a matter of course?

I am very interested in understanding how this case could have been taken successfully to court, as I would imagine in most cases, the odds are against it (which explains the otherwise inexplicable behavior of so many judges).

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Trent Lott Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Lott criticizes decline of deal-making during T... Feb '16 Invited Crook 6
News Paul Ryan taps lobbyist David Hoppe for top job (Oct '15) Oct '15 jeff forsythe 1
News Senate rejects proposal banning lobbyist gifts (Mar '06) Oct '15 Wall Street Polit... 23
News Expect the Unexpected in Mississippi Special El... (May '15) May '15 Gary 2
News Two more to join congressional race (Mar '15) Mar '15 Lost hope 1
News So far, Scalise silent on requests to explain s... (Jan '15) Jan '15 Le Duped 3
News Conservatives, Steve Scalise, and the Endless R... (Dec '14) Dec '14 Giuseppi 1
More from around the web