Feinstein Might Push For Fairness Doctrine

Jun 25, 2007 Full story: The Post Chronicle 22

“I remember when there was a fairness doctrine”

U.S. Sen. Diane Feinstein, D-Calif., said Sunday she is "looking at" the possibility of reviving the fairness doctrine for U.S. broadcasters. via The Post Chronicle

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“Assimilate & Speak English!”

Since: Jan 07

Lansing, IL - now: Pomp Bch FL

#1 Jun 25, 2007
Most of the time it's the "poor immigrants" that are being portrayed, but heaven forbid someone show the bad side of illegals and we have some pushy lady saying it wasn't fair to show that side and we should show all sides.

Well, that sounds good to me! Because now the other bleeding heart crazy people will have to present the other side, too.

So, good! Pass the fairness doctrine back in!

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#2 Jun 25, 2007
Saw this on FOX news. It was her and a Senator from Mississippi, who is a Republican, and they were being interviewed about the immigration policy.

She's basically crying because the liberals are basically being slammed by facts and they don't like it about immigration and they have zero facts zero support to back them up.

Problem is, all the people that support the liberals agenda on immigration don't speak any english. LOL

The interviewer on FOX news basically said, well you can have liberal talk radio as well. That shut her up right there.

Try this link, this might be the interview on foxvideo:

http://www.foxnews.com/video/index.html #
Look for The Truth

United States

#3 Jun 25, 2007
Fed up Suffolk Taxpayer wrote:
Saw this on FOX news. It was her and a Senator from Mississippi, who is a Republican, and they were being interviewed about the immigration policy.
She's basically crying because the liberals are basically being slammed by facts and they don't like it about immigration and they have zero facts zero support to back them up.
Problem is, all the people that support the liberals agenda on immigration don't speak any english. LOL
The interviewer on FOX news basically said, well you can have liberal talk radio as well. That shut her up right there.
I seen the broadcast. I am all for bringing it back. Conservatives have bought up and/or control over 90% of TV today. When you drive across country radio is even worse.

“Assimilate & Speak English!”

Since: Jan 07

Lansing, IL - now: Pomp Bch FL

#4 Jun 25, 2007
LMAO - don't speak any English! Now that's funny!
True American

Jay Em, WY

#5 Jun 25, 2007
24 Hours Left to Call Your Senator

Still, despite the fierce opposition of the American people, the Washington power structure is determined to force a vote to avoid a filibuster on the Bush-Kennedy-McCain bill.

The vote is scheduled for tomorrow. That means you have 24 hours to call your senator and remind him or her that this is an issue of the Washington power elite versus the American people, and there should be no mistaking where the American people stand: We are angry and frustrated and want to see this bill gone.

And there is still hope that we can succeed. Republican Sen. John Cornyn of Texas, a strong supporter of secure borders and the rule of law, has said that those who support the American people are gaining ground. We can still defeat this bill. Call your senator now and say "no" to this Washington power elite nightmare.

Don't Give Up if the News Is Bad Tuesday

If the Washington power structure does succeed in forcing its will on the American people Tuesday, remember: There are still lots of procedural tactics that conservatives who support the American people can use -- just as you know liberals would use -- to defeat the bill. So keep the pressure up. This battle is not over until it's over.
Ray

Lancaster, PA

#6 Jun 25, 2007
Mex/Ameri/Canada must be stopped.
the Media Elite, their make-up is running
the Washington D.C. oligarchy will have to do with the lights on.

“</liberalism>”

Since: Jun 07

The United States of America!

#7 Jun 25, 2007
Rebel wrote:
Most of the time it's the "poor immigrants" that are being portrayed, but heaven forbid someone show the bad side of illegals and we have some pushy lady saying it wasn't fair to show that side and we should show all sides.
Well, that sounds good to me! Because now the other bleeding heart crazy people will have to present the other side, too.
So, good! Pass the fairness doctrine back in!
The problem with the fairness doctrine is: It applies only to the liberals and their agenda. When it comes time for them to be fair and allow Conservatives fairness they will call it hate speech and all fairness goes out the window...Hence, it is not a true 'fairness' doctrine!

It is nothing more then silencing anyone who does not agree with their agenda.

</liberalism>
American

Springfield, MO

#8 Jun 25, 2007
That busybody ought to go home where she belongs!

Location hidden

#9 Jun 26, 2007
Look for The Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
I seen the broadcast. I am all for bringing it back. Conservatives have bought up and/or control over 90% of TV today. When you drive across country radio is even worse.
Welcome to freedom of speech. If you don't like it, turn off the radio or tell your local liberals to start a talk show just like others do.
paul

New York, NY

#10 Jun 26, 2007
<quoted text>
Why did a recent study of Journalist show 90% made contribution to democrats?

Sure Fox titls right, no argument. But NBC, ABC and CBS all tilt left-so there is a balance.

Example: Oreilly had a liberal on the other day and during the course of debate said "thats a good point"
Now do you ever hear a conservative point of view on say NBC? and if you do, is their point ever taken?

I'm no partisan hack, hate the far right as much as the far left, but free speech is free speech..

If the conservatives dominate everything, why are there 200 spanish launguage radio stations?
paul

New York, NY

#11 Jun 26, 2007
They had liberal talk radio (Air America) and it failed terribly, had to be bailed out of millions worth of debt..
Arizona Mike

United States

#12 Jun 26, 2007
What , bring back Dead-Air America ?

Static got better ratings .
paul

New York, NY

#13 Jun 26, 2007
Arizona Mike wrote:
What , bring back Dead-Air America ?
Static got better ratings .
LOL, How's Az Mike? I'm thinking of moving from NY.

Cant take the liberal, save the world on my tax dime crap anymore..

Location hidden

#14 Jun 26, 2007
paul wrote:
<quoted text>
If the conservatives dominate everything, why are there 200 spanish launguage radio stations?
ROFLMAO!! How true.

“</liberalism>”

The United States of America!

#17 Jun 26, 2007
schmitty wrote:
finestine and her liberal friends do not believe in freedom of speech - only to control speech. she must have picked this up from her good buddy fidel. finestine and clinton want to silence their critics to push forward their liberal social progressive agenda. Sounds like modern day nazi-like control. they need to be voted out of office or IMPEACHED!
Better yet, shot for treason!

</liberalism>

Since: Apr 07

Columbus, OH

#18 Jun 26, 2007
Thanks LaRaza wrote:
Amnesty is back
Thank your Senator
Vote Democratas en '08
Learn Spanish, it will be req'd
BM
illegal - not

United States

#19 Jun 26, 2007

Since: Apr 07

Columbus, OH

#20 Jun 27, 2007
And look at the enemy.

http://www.mexica-movement.org/

“It's 420 here.”

cold comfort farm

#21 Jun 27, 2007
Dear Dianne,
Stiffling the press will not stop the American public from realizing all you Congresspeople are a bunch of spineless numbnuts!

Location hidden

#22 Jun 27, 2007
<quoted text>
90% of the TV? Do you watch CNN? Except for Lou Dobbs it is so liberal.

As for the newspapers, I live in NY so every newspaper is liberal.

This is just a whining session from the liberals and nothing but a violation of freedom of speech. There would never be a 1 on 1 debate cause liberals would get their assess handed to them every single time.

There is a liberal station on Sirius and I tried to listen to it but I almost fell asleep while driving. Besides, I'm tired of hearing about how gays should have equal rights. Like that such an important topic that needs to be addressed...NOT!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Trent Lott Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Senate rejects proposal banning lobbyist gifts (Mar '06) Feb 4 swedenforever 19
So far, Scalise silent on requests to explain s... Jan '15 Le Duped 3
Conservatives, Steve Scalise, and the Endless R... Dec '14 Giuseppi 1
Scandal threatens GOP prospects in Miss. (Jun '14) Jun '14 Doctor My Eyes 5
Santorum, Palin support challenger in Miss. race (May '14) May '14 conservative crapola 2
Trent Lott to resign Senate seat this morning, ... (Nov '07) Apr '14 swedenforever 2
Analysis: Republicans reassess after shutdown d... (Oct '13) Oct '13 conservative crapola 34
More from around the web