Hilary Clinton calls Trent Lott to ap...

Hilary Clinton calls Trent Lott to apologize about Mississippi remark

There are 2 comments on the The South Mississippi Sun Herald story from Oct 25, 2007, titled Hilary Clinton calls Trent Lott to apologize about Mississippi remark. In it, The South Mississippi Sun Herald reports that:

“I understand that we sometimes say what we don't always mean to say”

Another Mississippi insult? Not on U.S. Sen. Trent Lott's watch.

In an interview with the Des Moines Register over the weekend, Democratic presidential frontrunner Sen. Hillary Clinton, D-N.Y., said she was 'shocked' to learn that Iowa was ranked as low as Mississippi for never having had a female governor, senator or congressperson.

And Clinton, whose base of support is female, clearly sees this as a problem in the upcoming Iowa caucuses. 'I think Iowa poses a special burden, or a special obstacle to me because when you look at the numbers, how can Iowa be ranked with Mississippi? That's not what I see. That's not the quality. That's not the communitarianism, that's not the openness I see in Iowa.' Read more

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The South Mississippi Sun Herald.

Dan McLendon

Pinola, MS

#1 Oct 26, 2007
Trent Lott and his right wing frends is the reason Ms is at the bottm of list of the United States. He sould apolize to the people of Ms.
Mississippian

Florence, MS

#2 Oct 27, 2007
And Hillary says,“I understand that we sometimes say what we don't always mean to say.”

Well, what *did* you mean to say, Hillary?

Hillary, northern born and northern bred, typifies folks from that part of the US. They look down Southern blacks; and with Southern whites, northerners look down on them and hate them as well.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Trent Lott Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trust and truth under Trump: Americans are in a... Jan 14 Kelly@MeToo 2
News Collins deserves praise - not a sit-in - for he... Dec '17 Republicans Shill... 1
News Nissan workers in Mississippi vote on whether t... Aug '17 EMMETT TILL 99
News Senate rejects proposal banning lobbyist gifts (Mar '06) May '17 Cherokee Nation 29
News Paul Ryan taps lobbyist David Hoppe for top job (Oct '15) Oct '16 Randee Cabbage Se... 2
News Conservatives, Steve Scalise, and the Endless R... (Dec '14) Sep '16 trumans treason 2
News Anti-Nazi PAC to defeat David Duke includes ex-... (Sep '16) Sep '16 zionism is racism 1
More from around the web