Senators offer plan to save cash-stra...

Senators offer plan to save cash-strapped USPS

There are 1 comment on the KIVI story from Aug 2, 2013, titled Senators offer plan to save cash-strapped USPS. In it, KIVI reports that:

Saturday and door-to-door mail delivery would be phased out and the Postal Service could start shipping alcoholic beverages under a plan by two key senators seeking to turn around the struggling agency's finances.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KIVI.

ServiceForTheUSP S

Pottstown, PA

#1 Sep 1, 2013
Maybe it is time to let the Postal Service die a natural death. With all of the attitude among postal workers it's amazing they functioned and survived as long as they did. It's time for competition for letters as well as packages.

No more bailouts period. Maybe it is time for more electronic business. And again, competition in the letter/envelope delivery. I see UPS in our neighborhood all day long. I'd say allow for someone like UPS and/or FED to start taking over many of the Postal Service routes and they could shift that money some
where else.

Or they should completely contract out certain aspects of the business wether it be the carriers, office people, planes and long trucks etc. I guess the carriers/delivery would be the easiest to contract out or where to start.

Competition, contractors, NO bailouts and a eulogy for the USPS.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Senator Tom Carper Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Different political views on Delmarva on the U.... Jan '17 Please Hug If Lea... 1
News Sen. Carper: 'If I Were a Bad Guy...I Might Try... (Nov '15) Nov '15 Ritual Habitual 1
News Biden to skip first debate; decision not imminent (Oct '15) Oct '15 WelbyMD 38
News Obama: US-Israel ties will improve after Iran d... (Aug '15) Aug '15 goonsquad 21
News Wyden zips among issues, colleagues, re-electio... (May '15) Jun '15 Le Jimbo 6
News Obama to encourage companies to share cyber thr... (Feb '15) Feb '15 Black Annie 2
News Senate passes highway bill, sends it back to House (Jul '14) Jul '14 Le Jimbo 1
More from around the web