Santa Cruz blogger set to write a boo...

Santa Cruz blogger set to write a book on Sarah Palin

There are 45 comments on the Santa Cruz Sentinel story from Jun 10, 2009, titled Santa Cruz blogger set to write a book on Sarah Palin. In it, Santa Cruz Sentinel reports that:

Former GOP vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin's ever-evolving saga on the American political stage now has a direct connection with Santa Cruz -- or at least to one man in Santa Cruz.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Santa Cruz Sentinel.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
john doe

United States

#1 Jun 10, 2009
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ. Palin is old news. Move on to something happening now...
So What

Santa Cruz, CA

#2 Jun 10, 2009
There is no reason, even for a worried leftist, to even care about this book.

My Alaskan dwelling relatives say the often maligned governor is doing a good job up there, and is expected to simply go for the senate in a few years, but no guarantees.

I will not pay a dime for this Santa Cruz book, as Santa Cruz is definitely not the center of the political universe except in a joke.
MyCatKnowsThat

Sunnyvale, CA

#3 Jun 10, 2009
Huffington Post LOL-consider the source nuff said!
Brian

Plymouth, MA

#4 Jun 10, 2009
The HuffPo's standards and credibility are somewhere less than zero.

That said, Geoff is clearly a smart guy who knows deep down that his demented progressive friends ruined Santa Cruz County.

By extension, he should also realize that Santa Cruz-style progressive ideals will wreck the country in the same manner.

So why he feels the need to continue to play the part of a left-winger is anyone's guess. Is it about social acceptance? Is he afraid of losing longtime friends?

It takes courage to buck Santa Cruz's rigid, conformist progressive social structure.

By contrast, cowards drink the Kool-Aid and play along while the region (and potentially the entire country) collapses.
Sam

San Francisco, CA

#5 Jun 10, 2009
What a waste of time except to feed the ego of this wanna be. The Huffington Post is joke and so is this guy who contributes to the bad behavior, that is appalling, on the left.
RobtA

Redwood City, CA

#6 Jun 10, 2009
In other news, someone wrote a book (soon to be a movie) taking Jane Austen's "Pride and Prejudice," nearly verbatim, but adding zombies and ninjas to the story.

And in yet other news, books "For Dummies" can be found on nearly any topic, anywhere.

My point: Why have a point? That would require too much writing effort.
MKS

Santa Cruz, CA

#7 Jun 10, 2009
Looks like you may have struck a nerve, Mr. Dunn. Good luck, and I look forward to what you uncover about that particular corner of our American politics.
Steve Hartman

AOL

#8 Jun 10, 2009
Brian wrote:
That said, Geoff is clearly a smart guy who knows deep down that his demented progressive friends ruined Santa Cruz County.
By extension, he should also realize that Santa Cruz-style progressive ideals will wreck the country in the same manner.
So why he feels the need to continue to play the part of a left-winger is anyone's guess. Is it about social acceptance? Is he afraid of losing longtime friends?
It takes courage to buck Santa Cruz's rigid, conformist progressive social structure.
By contrast, cowards drink the Kool-Aid and play along while the region (and potentially the entire country) collapses.
Right on, Brian (whoever you are-LOL!) However, Geof has had some major, major health problems and perhaps a home-bound gig is just what the doctor ordered. No doubt this exposure will put some money in his pocket and food on the table.

I've known Geof for fifty years. And since I was about 24 and started wearing a T-shirt that said "UCSC Students Do To Santa Cruz...What Puppies Do To Carpets" we have been an opposite ends of the Santa Cruz political spectrum.

I even once had the opportunity to drop-kick him off the wharf when he was about 9 years old. Nobody would have known it was me...:) But he was such a sweet kid. Who knew the evil political monster that lurcked within? I just figure that my dear friend, Geoffrey, like Donald Sutherland, slipped up some where or place up there on City On A Hill and the body snatchers got him.

(NOTE to GEOFFREY) An honest investigator who is going to write or blog, is supposed to identify himself as such BEFORE asking for comments)
Laura

Santa Cruz, CA

#9 Jun 10, 2009
So What wrote:
I will not pay a dime for this Santa Cruz book, as Santa Cruz is definitely not the center of the political universe except in a joke.
I'm curious about the list of authors' cities of residence that would make it OK for you to buy their political books. I don't think many are the center of the political universe. Does it have to be an "Inside the Beltway" type of thing?
wysiwyg

Oakland, CA

#10 Jun 10, 2009
MKS wrote:
Looks like you may have struck a nerve, Mr. Dunn. Good luck, and I look forward to what you uncover about that particular corner of our American politics.
You got that right. It's funny to see people working so hard at "not caring".
Leon

Antioch, CA

#11 Jun 10, 2009
Brian wrote:
Brian - great comment, right on.
Sheryn

Everett, WA

#12 Jun 10, 2009
Palin certainly has partial ownership of the Palin-McCain loss. All the claims of misuse of State funds for her personal expenses, cheating on her taxes, or vendetta against certain people certainly has not gained her any future votes. If Sarah Palin wants to be taken seriously, she should stay in Alaska and guide the State rather than leaving all the duties to her Lt. Governor and focussing on unimportant things like getting increased Government funding for unwed teenage mothers and mentally challenge/handicapped children and sniping/having an opinion on anything that Obama says or does. I'm not saying that these issues are not important--but unemployment and economic issues seem more so and somehow Palin just doesn't get it. Her family is so dysfunctional and out of control--how can she possibly run our country when she cannot run her own family or State? I think it is time for the Republican Party to wake up and realize that Palin has had her 15 minutes of fame; that regardless of how qualified she pretends to be she comes across as a dimwit in many of her interviews; and the Republicans certainly have stronger candidates to offer in 2012. The Republicans can win if they base their decision on who will do the best job for President--and not make a decision based on running a female or choosing the person who crows the loudest and most often. Alaskans know that Palin would be able to be elected if she ran for State office again--it seems like Palin and Rush Limbaugh won't listen to them.
Sheryn

Everett, WA

#13 Jun 10, 2009
Palin certainly has partial ownership of the Palin-McCain loss. All the claims of misuse of State funds for her personal expenses, cheating on her taxes, or vendetta against certain people certainly has not gained her any future votes. If Sarah Palin wants to be taken seriously, she should stay in Alaska and guide the State rather than leaving all the duties to her Lt. Governor and focussing on unimportant things like getting increased Government funding for unwed teenage mothers and mentally challenge/handicapped children and sniping/having an opinion on anything that Obama says or does. I'm not saying that these issues are not important--but unemployment and economic issues seem more so and somehow Palin just doesn't get it. Her family is so dysfunctional and out of control--how can she possibly run our country when she cannot run her own family or State? I think it is time for the Republican Party to wake up and realize that Palin has had her 15 minutes of fame; that regardless of how qualified she pretends to be she comes across as a dimwit in many of her interviews; and the Republicans certainly have stronger candidates to offer in 2012. The Republicans can win if they base their decision on who will do the best job for President--and not make a decision based on running a female or choosing the person who crows the loudest and most often. Alaskans know that Palin would NOT be able to be elected if she ran for State office again--it seems like Palin and Rush Limbaugh won't listen to them.
Linda Ponzini

Watsonville, CA

#14 Jun 10, 2009
Even when Palin recites verbatim from someone else, she doesn't make any sense.
Here, in the United Sates of Amnesia, it is a good to have someone reminding us how the beauty pageant chick hailing from Wasilla operates.
Undones

AOL

#15 Jun 10, 2009
Pit Bull Palin and her number 1 Dude. You can tell in one glance, whose wearin' the panties in that household. Pit Bull Palin and her lipstick attitude. You can't kiss her, can't kill her. Pit Bull Palin and those sardonic, wicked framed eyes. Staring down those wolves. A killer at ten thousand feet; severed paws the final trophy. What a noteworthy and extraordinary act of achievement.

The God fearing, God-is-on-our-side crowd. The nasty, preachy Christian swarm. On the march! A western version of the Taliban. The borne-again's, the multi-headed Christian evangelists. The false profits, with their multimillion-dollar compensations for bringing the message of peace, love and forgiveness ... no meanness, to the masses. Jesus must be rolling in his grave. I'd just love to be a Praying Mantis on the wall when these so called Men and Women of GOD go before the BIG DOG for their entrance interview. Think they'll be given the keys to the magic kingdom? Extremists, army's of fanatical Religious zealots, driven by greed, control and power in this life, intolerant of the very world God created. Preaching salvation and bliss in the next life for those who believe and eternal damnation to all non believers. The Theory of Evolution will not be tolerated. Darwin is Satan. Global warming is a left wing conspiracy and the Sun is not Yellow it's Chicken .. Thanks Bob. Goose-step is resurrected before our very eyes(The Lion and the Unicorn).

Here comes the magnum killing machine. Hey! she says, with that cute little smile, I'm not so mean.
Here comes the magnum killing machine. Hey! she says, with that cute little smile, I'm not so mean.

Give us a wink and that little girl talk. Truth's just a nuisance, we got nukes on own block. Look out Russia! We're comin to getya! You betcha! Pit Bull Palin and her number 1 Dude. You can get anywhere, by just being rude. Pit Bull Palin and her number 1 dude, ignorance is bliss, just put on an attitude. Yeah, Pit Bull Palin, she's a real wild child. There's black gold in those hills and natures wonders to gut, before she's finished Alaska will be clear cut.
Good for Him

Santa Cruz, CA

#16 Jun 10, 2009
The guy gets a book deal from a major publisher to write about a national topic. Its accuracy will be judged by experts (not the anonymous losers in this forum). Good for him.

How many books have you all written? Has anyone ever found your insights interesting enough to pay you for your writing? Oh sorry, I had forgotten that you would have done a lot with your lives, until the progressives in SC came around...
almost there

Santa Cruz, CA

#17 Jun 10, 2009
Undones wrote:
Pit Bull Palin and her number 1 Dude. You can tell in one glance, whose wearin' the panties in that household. Pit Bull Palin and her lipstick attitude. You can't kiss her, can't kill her. Pit Bull Palin and those sardonic, wicked framed eyes. Staring down those wolves. A killer at ten thousand feet; severed paws the final trophy. What a noteworthy and extraordinary act of achievement.
The God fearing, God-is-on-our-side crowd. The nasty, preachy Christian swarm. On the march! A western version of the Taliban. The borne-again's, the multi-headed Christian evangelists. The false profits, with their multimillion-dollar compensations for bringing the message of peace, love and forgiveness ... no meanness, to the masses. Jesus must be rolling in his grave. I'd just love to be a Praying Mantis on the wall when these so called Men and Women of GOD go before the BIG DOG for their entrance interview. Think they'll be given the keys to the magic kingdom? Extremists, army's of fanatical Religious zealots, driven by greed, control and power in this life, intolerant of the very world God created. Preaching salvation and bliss in the next life for those who believe and eternal damnation to all non believers. The Theory of Evolution will not be tolerated. Darwin is Satan. Global warming is a left wing conspiracy and the Sun is not Yellow it's Chicken .. Thanks Bob. Goose-step is resurrected before our very eyes(The Lion and the Unicorn).
Give us a wink and that little girl talk. Truth's just a nuisance, we got nukes on own block. Look out Russia! We're comin to getya! You betcha! Pit Bull Palin and her number 1 Dude. You can get anywhere, by just being rude. Pit Bull Palin and her number 1 dude, ignorance is bliss, just put on an attitude. Yeah, Pit Bull Palin, she's a real wild child. There's black gold in those hills and natures wonders to gut, before she's finished Alaska will be clear cut.
Undone? You're coming in a close, very close second!
Leon

Antioch, CA

#18 Jun 10, 2009
Why are the "progressives" so mean?
all ears

Santa Cruz, CA

#19 Jun 10, 2009
Linda Ponzini wrote:
Even when Palin recites verbatim from someone else, she doesn't make any sense.
Here, in the United Sates of Amnesia, it is a good to have someone reminding us how the beauty pageant chick hailing from Wasilla operates.
Is your ear glued to good ol' Keith Motormouth...gee if anybody has it straight it's Blabbermouth. You people that listen to this nonsense deserve what you get....if he said the sky was falling you'd all ask when...
Brian

Plymouth, MA

#20 Jun 10, 2009
Steve Hartman wrote:
<quoted text>
Right on, Brian (whoever you are-LOL!) However, Geof has had some major, major health problems and perhaps a home-bound gig is just what the doctor ordered. No doubt this exposure will put some money in his pocket and food on the table.
---

Many Santa Cruz "progressives" are disgusting scum. Geoff is NOT. He is a good and honest person.

That's why we should hold him to a higher standard.

The HuffPo bottom-feeders are showering him with praise and I've no doubt he's relishing his moment in the spotlight.

But it's time for the moral compass to kick in. Unlike other "progressives", he has one.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ted Stevens Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Alaska is Now Purple (Oct '16) Oct '16 Go Blue Forever 1
News University of Alaska Fairbanks to take over fab... (May '16) May '16 USA these days 1
News Alaska Gov. Walker downsizes Washington, D.C., ... (Nov '15) Nov '15 Sarin Palin 1
News Sen. Menendez Bribery Case Heats Up With New Ju... (Aug '15) Aug '15 Le Jimbo 13
News Senator Begich pulls campaign commercial using ... (Sep '14) Sep '14 Monty Ananconda 1
News Conspiracy Theory Target HAARP May Be Shut Down (May '14) Aug '14 Believer 2
News U.S. Postal Service losing tens of millions ann... (Jun '14) Jul '14 Grow Conservatism 16
More from around the web