Is Dodd Beatable?

Is Dodd Beatable?

There are 26 comments on the Hartford Courant story from Mar 29, 2009, titled Is Dodd Beatable?. In it, Hartford Courant reports that:

In the November 2008 election, Sen. Ted Stevens , a Republican from the red state of Alaska , lost the Senate seat he had held since 1958.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hartford Courant.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
steve

Oneida, NY

#1 Mar 29, 2009
No but he is laughable
Milt Friedman

Rocky Hill, CT

#2 Mar 29, 2009
Stevens was responsible for billions of dollars in pork for Alaska

Dodd is responsible for the global financial meltdown.

Therfore, Ted Stevens needing a conviction to lose is the analague to Dodd. Not other long time office holders who lost just for being "sleazy" i.e. D'Amato and Torricelli

And Nancy Johnson is mentioned although her problems were less severe, but voters ousted a 24 year office holder in "good economic times", which,hmmm should help incumbents

There's a reason UConn is getting out of the polling business and this column explains it well
Dodd Flea

Plattsburgh, NY

#3 Mar 29, 2009
Dodd Flea attended the TEA (taxed enough already) PARTY in Stamford yesterday, March 28. The boisterous, but well-behaved crowd saved their best voices to chant, "Dump Dodd" over and over for 90 minutes.

Seems Mr. Dodd has a few detractors willing to say so in public. Here is a link to video of that event:
Dodd Flea

Plattsburgh, NY

#4 Mar 29, 2009
If you are inclined to protest Senator Dodd's re-election, Dodd Flea invites you to the next round of Tea Parties in Connecticut. Tax Day, April 15, will see over a thousand nation-wide. Three are planned in Connecticut.

Norwich, New Haven and Hartford will host the "protests". If you have never attended a Tea Party before, come on out and have some fun. It is just like a baseball game, but you get to verbally bat your frustrations as do hundreds of other like-minded citizens.

Keep up with future scheduled events by prominently bookmarking www.dumpchrisdodd.com

“US Elects Fake”

Since: Aug 07

East of the River

#5 Mar 29, 2009
Nahh, Dodd (D-Countrywide) is solid. The faithful Democrats and self-proclaimed independents will return Dudd of office. No doubt about it. He has one thing, and one thing only going for him. He's a Democrat and this is Connecticut. If he were caught drowning kittens and eating dogs, it wouldn't matter to the majority of the voters. All will be forgotten by November 2010 anyway.

There you have it.
Richard

United States

#6 Mar 29, 2009
I would assume the answer to this question will be found in the response of Connecticut voters at the appropriate time. Chalk this article up as saying absolutely nothing.
Howard E Harper

Brooklyn, NY

#7 Mar 29, 2009
and remember, if the congress has their way with the 20 million illegals, Dodd wins Dodd wins!

Too bad the voters of America have no control or voice.
DJS

Guangzhou, China

#8 Mar 29, 2009
Stevens is a Republican, he was no re elected because of his improprieties, and rightfully so. Dodd is a Democratic. He will be re elected because of his improprieties. Dishonor is a badge of honer to the left.
Saddam Huessein

Glastonbury, CT

#9 Mar 29, 2009
Impeach Rell, CT Weapon of mass financial destruction
Some Sanity in CT

Cheshire, CT

#10 Mar 30, 2009
CT voters would be insane to fire Dodd. He is currently one of the ten most powerful people in Washington. He can and does deliver the goods, to the tune of billions of dollars of project funding. His personal foibles are really very small potatoes by comparison, hardly worth the ink used to pry into them.(Irish cottage? DC condo? Iowa? Countrywide? C'mon, get real. This stuff is ridiculously petty.)

Of course, the Nutmeg State often shoots itself in the foot, so I wouldn't put it past us to send the empty-handed Simmons to Washington next year. To paraphrase Austin Powers, as Dr. Evil, "why get billions when you can get millions?"
CTYankee

New Haven, CT

#11 Mar 30, 2009
Some Sanity in CT wrote:
CT voters would be insane to fire Dodd. He is currently one of the ten most powerful people in Washington. He can and does deliver the goods, to the tune of billions of dollars of project funding. His personal foibles are really very small potatoes by comparison, hardly worth the ink used to pry into them.(Irish cottage? DC condo? Iowa? Countrywide? C'mon, get real. This stuff is ridiculously petty.)
Of course, the Nutmeg State often shoots itself in the foot, so I wouldn't put it past us to send the empty-handed Simmons to Washington next year. To paraphrase Austin Powers, as Dr. Evil, "why get billions when you can get millions?"
Some Sanity in CT? More like Total Insanity in CT. Dodd has caused a national crisis, He has caused many people here in CT to foreclose on their homes, lose their jobs and kill their retirement funds. He should be behind bars with the likes of Ted Bundy or Richard Reid.He along with Barney Frank, Chuck Schmer, Franklin Raines and Jim Johnson have ruined millions of peoples lives all in the name of money. The Devil has a seat for Dodd in Hell!!!
DODD FROM FLORIDA

Ormond Beach, FL

#12 Mar 30, 2009
Dodd is a crook! From the outside looking, it is incredible that the Connecticut voters have not already asked him to resign. Now, I know why I moved from the State. It is has gone from the Land of Steady Habits to the Land of Seedy Politics.
Bushpilot

Bayawan, Philippines

#13 Mar 30, 2009
I suggest the loyal voters of Dodd go to youtube and watch Thomas Paine.
Howard E Harper

Brooklyn, NY

#14 Mar 31, 2009
Why is the issue of Dodd being re elected viable?

If we accept his behavior, write no more and wait for him to re elected in 2010

Make him resign !

If the Courant has any credibility, write editorials asking for Dodd to resign. That is the real answer
Jamie M

Maplewood, NJ

#15 Mar 31, 2009
Dodd is a lying weasel. He may have gotten some federal money spent in our state, but where does it say you need a scumbag to pull that off?

Dodd is a weasel. But I believe the voters in CT, who are perpetually "stuck on stupid", will re-elect him.

My state senator from Souhtington/Cheshire, Sam Caligiuri, was on Hannity last night talking about Dodd. Sen Caligiuri is making an announcement to day, presumably that he's running against Dodd.

I like Sen Caligiuri. He is a conservative Republican, but he had the good conscience to be they key vote in overriding Gov Rell's veto on increasing the minimum wage. Sen Caligiuri went against his party and took a lot of heat for siding with the Democrats on this issue, but he put what was right above partisanship. That is rare in politics today, and we should ALL demand that of our politicians.

But I don't see the idiots in thsi state electing a Republican as Senator. Dodd's bigger problem might be if the Obama administration backs Ned Lamont in a primary challenge against Dodd. The Obama administration is clearly throwing Dodd under the bus in the wake of the AIG scandal.

I hope you'll look up what Sen Caligiuri did on the minimum wage veto override. I cannot help but respect a man who puts his conscience above partisanship.

East Hampton, CT

#16 Mar 31, 2009
Some Sanity in CT wrote:
Dodd is a Toxic asset? He is a lying cretin and if he had an ounce of self respect, he would resign, yesterday.... but we know he won't..
AS U WERE

Haines City, FL

#17 Mar 31, 2009
"Is Dodd Beatable?"

I'm sure there are more than a few out there who would like to see him beaten.....senseless.
Colin Macinrow

AOL

#18 Mar 31, 2009
Chris is the best thing to happen toi Connecticut in a long time.

Chris is my friend and he brings HONOR to Connecticut.

He may have made a very little mistake or two but he is more deservent of Re-Election than anyone I have ever met.
Eighthman

West Chester, PA

#19 Mar 31, 2009
I think he beats himself at least twice a day.
Not AGAIN

Georgetown, MA

#20 Apr 1, 2009
The article leaves something out. It's so slanted, maybe it slid out and fell on the ground?
Fact: The last time Simmons ran as a challenger to a "popular" 20 year incumbent Blue state democrat, Simmons won.
Oooooooh! Forgot that tidbit, huh?
To "Some Sanity": I think the state is growing tired of politicians who fight for the Lobby-du-jour, who fill their pockets, while ignoring their constituency. Can we please use term limits?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ted Stevens Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News UFO Legacy: What Impact Will Revelation of Secr... Jan 13 Martin Martian 1
News Are Americans losing faith in the U.S. justice ... Dec 30 I am Spartacus - 3
News Pentagon secretly set up program to investigate... Dec 25 Illegal Aliens aloft 1
News Alaska is Now Purple (Oct '16) Oct '16 Go Blue Forever 1
News University of Alaska Fairbanks to take over fab... (May '16) May '16 USA these days 1
News Alaska Gov. Walker downsizes Washington, D.C., ... (Nov '15) Nov '15 Sarin Palin 1
News Sen. Menendez Bribery Case Heats Up With New Ju... (Aug '15) Aug '15 Le Jimbo 13
More from around the web