Bring an end to Sen. Ted Stevens' dis...

Bring an end to Sen. Ted Stevens' disgraceful conduct - Editorials

There are 22 comments on the Honolulu Star-Bulletin story from Oct 29, 2008, titled Bring an end to Sen. Ted Stevens' disgraceful conduct - Editorials. In it, Honolulu Star-Bulletin reports that:

Republican Sen. Ted Stevens of Alaska has been convicted of neglecting to reveal gifts on Senate disclosure forms.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Honolulu Star-Bulletin.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
BozoNemesis

AOL

#1 Oct 29, 2008
Senator Stevens (a Republican, as WELL NOTED by the media) should spend time in prison for his crimes. This brings to mind Representative Dan Rostenkowski (a Democrat AND Speaker of the House when convicted, AND LARGELY IGNORED by the media) who did 18 months in a federal prison in the late 1980's. Nothing like some people being MORE EQUAL than others in the eyes of the law and coverage by the liberal media! This is just a reminder to y'all that you're being conned by the liberal media on a daily basis.'Nuff said...
duh

Honolulu, HI

#2 Oct 29, 2008
this editorial shows the weakness of current journalism

a guy is convicted of corruption --- and the writers tells us his conduct is disgraceful

duh!!! please assign write about something not so obvious

remember --- the x and y generation gets their information in split seconds

go try to find something we don't alreayd know
who should be convicted

Hanapepe, HI

#3 Oct 29, 2008
This case is more against Inouye than Stevens. The courts were able to pin Stevens on seven counts but nobody has been able to pin down Inouye.
Citizen

Honolulu, HI

#4 Oct 29, 2008
BozoNemesis wrote:
Senator Stevens (a Republican, as WELL NOTED by the media) should spend time in prison for his crimes. This brings to mind Representative Dan Rostenkowski (a Democrat AND Speaker of the House when convicted, AND LARGELY IGNORED by the media) who did 18 months in a federal prison in the late 1980's. Nothing like some people being MORE EQUAL than others in the eyes of the law and coverage by the liberal media! This is just a reminder to y'all that you're being conned by the liberal media on a daily basis.'Nuff said...
Coming from a bozo who's glued to Fox non-news network?
ESPI

Aiea, HI

#5 Oct 29, 2008
2 Octogenarians found deep brotherhood in Congress that spanned over 40 years!!! The bonds of brotherhood can never be broken even if criminal charges occurs. One cannot explain this relationship. Inouye should write a book on his life and this palling around. Curious mind really want to know?
Stoneman

Colorado Springs, CO

#6 Oct 29, 2008
Glad to see Stevens go.

Now, please-- can somebody investigate Congressman Jefferson of Louisiana who had $80,000 in bribe money in his freezer when the FBI found it OVER TWO YEARS AGO?

Is ANYBODY investigating Congressman Mahoney, who paid off his sweetie with $200,000 of taxpayer money?

Or maybe Congressman Dodd, who accepted a $50,000 discount from Countrywide Mortgage, a company he was supposed to be regulating?

Or how about Barney Frank, the chairman of the Senate Finance Committee who took thousands from Fannie Mae in campaign contributions in exchange for LOOKING THE OTHER WAY while they squandered billions?

Hmmmmm?

No, wait a sec, they're all Democrats. Somehow, someway, Democrats never seem to get the boot. Just ask the guy that killed his girlfriend over 30 years ago on Chappaquiddick and is finally DYING HIS WAY OUT OF OFFICE.
BozoNemesis

AOL

#7 Oct 29, 2008
Citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
Coming from a bozo who's glued to Fox non-news network?
Sir, I just present the facts and not the regurgitated and liberally twisted hogwash presented as "fact" by the liberal media. This does not come from Fox News, nor am I a bozo...I am the nemesis of bozos, wherever and whomever they are. If the true facts really offend you, so be it.'Nuff said...
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#8 Oct 29, 2008
BozoNemesis wrote:
Senator Stevens (a Republican, as WELL NOTED by the media) should spend time in prison for his crimes. This brings to mind Representative Dan Rostenkowski (a Democrat AND Speaker of the House when convicted, AND LARGELY IGNORED by the media) who did 18 months in a federal prison in the late 1980's. Nothing like some people being MORE EQUAL than others in the eyes of the law and coverage by the liberal media! This is just a reminder to y'all that you're being conned by the liberal media on a daily basis.'Nuff said...
We'll see if he goes to prison. Or what congress will do if he gets elected.

BTW, you're still confusing your "facts" with your "opinion." Makes it hard for people to believe you that way.
BozoNemesis

AOL

#9 Oct 29, 2008
Stoneman wrote:
Glad to see Stevens go.
Now, please-- can somebody investigate Congressman Jefferson of Louisiana who had $80,000 in bribe money in his freezer when the FBI found it OVER TWO YEARS AGO?
Is ANYBODY investigating Congressman Mahoney, who paid off his sweetie with $200,000 of taxpayer money?
Or maybe Congressman Dodd, who accepted a $50,000 discount from Countrywide Mortgage, a company he was supposed to be regulating?
Or how about Barney Frank, the chairman of the Senate Finance Committee who took thousands from Fannie Mae in campaign contributions in exchange for LOOKING THE OTHER WAY while they squandered billions?
Hmmmmm?
No, wait a sec, they're all Democrats. Somehow, someway, Democrats never seem to get the boot. Just ask the guy that killed his girlfriend over 30 years ago on Chappaquiddick and is finally DYING HIS WAY OUT OF OFFICE.
You must have seen that Democratic corruption stuff from Fox News, right (just kidding)? Their transgressions would be printed discretely on page 10 of 20 of the liberal rag newspapers or given the liberal "twist" on the libbie news ("don't blame me for what's going on upstairs, I'm only the piano player!"). Be forewarned, sir, the libbies are going to gang up on you now because THEIR clowns in Clowngress (sic) can DO NO WRONG, corrupt, deceitful, and inept that they actually are...and the corrupt will get voted right back in anyway because THEY HAVE SENIORITY and will "bring home the bacon!" 'Nuff said...
elaine

United States

#10 Oct 29, 2008
Why does Inouye stand by Stevens? Is he standing behind Dodds,Frank, and Obama who reaped the profits of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac too???
Rubba Slippa Man

AOL

#11 Oct 29, 2008
Stevens is a loser!!!!!!!!
Poi Boy

AOL

#12 Oct 29, 2008
Ted Stevens is an outright lier and he knows it. He should spend the rest of his life in prison.
concerned citizen

Honolulu, HI

#13 Oct 29, 2008
Stevens did what all politicians do, but he got set-up.
LEGAL immigrant

Reno, NV

#14 Oct 29, 2008
Stoneman wrote:
Glad to see Stevens go.
Now, please-- can somebody investigate Congressman Jefferson of Louisiana who had $80,000 in bribe money in his freezer when the FBI found it OVER TWO YEARS AGO?
Is ANYBODY investigating Congressman Mahoney, who paid off his sweetie with $200,000 of taxpayer money?
Or maybe Congressman Dodd, who accepted a $50,000 discount from Countrywide Mortgage, a company he was supposed to be regulating?
Or how about Barney Frank, the chairman of the Senate Finance Committee who took thousands from Fannie Mae in campaign contributions in exchange for LOOKING THE OTHER WAY while they squandered billions?
Hmmmmm?
No, wait a sec, they're all Democrats. Somehow, someway, Democrats never seem to get the boot. Just ask the guy that killed his girlfriend over 30 years ago on Chappaquiddick and is finally DYING HIS WAY OUT OF OFFICE.
Charles Barkley's quote may state it best:
Poor people have been voting for Democrats for 50 years. And they are still poor.
anonymous

Mililani, HI

#15 Oct 29, 2008
This is worth saying again:

"Now, please-- can somebody investigate Congressman Jefferson of Louisiana who had $80,000 in bribe money in his freezer when the FBI found it OVER TWO YEARS AGO?

Is ANYBODY investigating Congressman Mahoney, who paid off his sweetie with $200,000 of taxpayer money?

Or maybe Congressman Dodd, who accepted a $50,000 discount from Countrywide Mortgage, a company he was supposed to be regulating?"

BY THE WAY, WHY DOES THE STAR BULL DEFER TO INOUYE---SAYING
" Inouye has crossed party lines in the past to campaign for Stevens and his continued support will be understandable." THE STAR BULL JUST CALLED FOR STEVENS RESIGNATION....AND INOUYE'S CONITINUED SUPPORT IS UNDERSTANDABLE?????? THE BULL IS IN THE TANK...AND IS AS SLIPPERY AS A FISH..
anonymous

Mililani, HI

#16 Oct 29, 2008
Elaine said ...."Why does Inouye stand by Stevens? Is he standing behind Dodds,Frank, and Obama who reaped the profits of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac too???" ---

Of course he is Elaine, at least by saying nothing on the subject...Democrats love power, position and influence...and even have lied publicly on this issue. I dont think Inouye has lied about this, but others in his party have repeatedly.

I think Inouye feels he need not say anything...just keep on bringing home the bacon is enough to get reelected and get appointed to Byrd's position as chair of Appropriations will be enough for the Star Bull and others to call for Inouye's reelection until he is older than Byrd ...who is reported to some where above 140 years of age.(: Talk about people who love power!! Actually I like Senator Inouye but the party left him and me years ago---many other Democrats as well---but what do you expect Inouye to do---relinquish his position of power on principle. Sadly, don't hold your breath.
CPJ427

Waipahu, HI

#17 Oct 30, 2008
elaine wrote:
Why does Inouye stand by Stevens? Is he standing behind Dodds,Frank, and Obama who reaped the profits of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac too???
Most likely YES!!!

So when is Inouye's trial? he should be put out to pasture before he does anymore harm
Killa Wiffa

AOL

#18 Oct 30, 2008
Typical politician!!!!!!!!
Investigator

Waipahu, HI

#19 Oct 30, 2008
Stoneman wrote:
Glad to see Stevens go.
Now, please-- can somebody investigate Congressman Jefferson of Louisiana who had $80,000 in bribe money in his freezer when the FBI found it OVER TWO YEARS AGO?
Is ANYBODY investigating Congressman Mahoney, who paid off his sweetie with $200,000 of taxpayer money?
Or maybe Congressman Dodd, who accepted a $50,000 discount from Countrywide Mortgage, a company he was supposed to be regulating?
Or how about Barney Frank, the chairman of the Senate Finance Committee who took thousands from Fannie Mae in campaign contributions in exchange for LOOKING THE OTHER WAY while they squandered billions?
Hmmmmm?
No, wait a sec, they're all Democrats. Somehow, someway, Democrats never seem to get the boot. Just ask the guy that killed his girlfriend over 30 years ago on Chappaquiddick and is finally DYING HIS WAY OUT OF OFFICE.
Well why stop here - how about convicting the most deceptive conman who's directly responsible for the death of thousands of brave American men and women?
Just the facts maam

Waipahu, HI

#20 Oct 30, 2008
BozoNemesis wrote:
<quoted text>Sir, I just present the facts and not the regurgitated and liberally twisted hogwash presented as "fact" by the liberal media. This does not come from Fox News, nor am I a bozo...I am the nemesis of bozos, wherever and whomever they are. If the true facts really offend you, so be it.'Nuff said...
The FACT is that a conservative REPUBLICAN got nailed for being a crook! Everything else you say is hogwash

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ted Stevens Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Senator Begich pulls campaign commercial using ... (Sep '14) Sep '14 Monty Ananconda 1
News Conspiracy Theory Target HAARP May Be Shut Down (May '14) Aug '14 Believer 2
News U.S. Postal Service losing tens of millions ann... (Jun '14) Jul '14 Grow Conservatism 16
News HAARP project winding down: Was it all a huge c... (May '14) May '14 not Angels harps 1
News Secret Weapon? Conspiracy Theories Abound as US... (May '14) May '14 not Angels harps 1
News Justice Dept. prosecutor commits suicide while ... (Sep '10) Apr '14 yes - Im HAPPY NO... 24
News Toxic exposure in asbestos case (May '09) Apr '14 mike crill 31
More from around the web