Fed can't do much more to avoid a double dip

Aug 11, 2010 | Posted by: Mr_Bill | Full story: www.marketwatch.com

The U.S. economy is on the edge of the cliff, threatening to plunge back into ruinous recession, but the worst part is that Washington won't do anything to stop it.

Comments
21 - 27 of 27 Comments Last updated Aug 13, 2010
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“It's a Brand New Day”

Since: Feb 06

New Rochelle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 13, 2010

News Skeptic wrote:
<quoted text>
They don't have to print money anymore, they just mouse click it into existence. We have never printed that much money in the history of the USA.
You mistake a symptom for the problem. This economic problem started in 2003.
obama rama

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 13, 2010

Mr_Bill wrote:
<quoted text>
And only Bush to blame for creating the economin mess.
WOW!!!!... you sure give Bush a lot of credit.

where the fluck was congress while Bush was singlehandly running the country.

Evidently Bush was much more on the genius side than I ever knew.

Stop being a fool because you hate Bush.
Don Joe

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 13, 2010

Mr_Bill wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh yeah, the "Bush policies" have already done so well, establishing businesses in India and Malaysia with American capital.
Bush's tax cuts have cost us Millions of American jobs lost forever.
No, the jobs are not lost forever. There are ways of bringing them back, and bringing them back rapidly. For example. simply have Obama declare the truth that China manipulates its currency. Then place tariffs on all products. The retail price of those products would then reflect the real cost and would level the playing field.

I just don't think that America can't compete economically with communist China. We should be able to win easily.

Bush (under Reaganomics) sent those jobs away, but Obama could bring them back. I wish he would stop waiting.

“It's a Brand New Day”

New Rochelle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 13, 2010

obama rama wrote:
<quoted text>
WOW!!!!... you sure give Bush a lot of credit.
where the fluck was congress while Bush was singlehandly running the country.
Evidently Bush was much more on the genius side than I ever knew.
Stop being a fool because you hate Bush.
The failure to regulate was the fault of the executive.

“It's a Brand New Day”

New Rochelle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 13, 2010

Don Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
No, the jobs are not lost forever. There are ways of bringing them back, and bringing them back rapidly. For example. simply have Obama declare the truth that China manipulates its currency. Then place tariffs on all products. The retail price of those products would then reflect the real cost and would level the playing field.
I just don't think that America can't compete economically with communist China. We should be able to win easily.
Bush (under Reaganomics) sent those jobs away, but Obama could bring them back. I wish he would stop waiting.
And you are even more correct if you include closing the "loopholes" for exporting US jobs, one of which was just closed this week
Big Sully

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 13, 2010

Mr_Bill wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree about NAFTA, and GATT; a disaster. Bush, Clinton, Bush, and Obama all share the blame. Obama should unilaterally abrogate the agreement.
It is the "permenant government" that wants these trade agreements.
Like it or not, it is the same people whom the right-wingers
(puppets) acuuse of controlling the "liberal press," which is in reality, the corporate mouthpiece.
Some day you'll stop looking at the politics in America like there is anything more than just one group of a$$holes that are raping all of us equally.

Left wing.... right wing.... both wings are on the same corrupt bird that sits there and laughs at the idiots that fight about which one they want to be raped by.

Maybe this will be the time when America says 'no more' and we kick both 'wings' out on the street for a government that is really 'for the people, and by the people'- instead of 'for the corporations, financed by the people'

It isn't too late.
Just so long as the people wake up to the scam
Telmark

Corning, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 13, 2010

Judged:

Brand new day...same old Mr_Bill propaganda...

Maybe someday you'll realize that both the Dems and Reps use people like you as a means of holding onto the power you allow them to have over you.

Meanwhile, the rest of us learned long ago that life is what you make of it rather than what you hope some political party, or politician, promises you for nothing more than your worthless vote.

Most of us, unlike you, long ago learned that doing little other than attempting to "vote for a living" will never get you anywhere (regardless of all the "hope and change" promises made by the latest politician). You, on the other hand, just can't let go of the shirts of your beloved political party now can you?

Just keep hoping and voting...maybe Michelle will invite you to go along with her on her next foreign vacation. This might even give you a chance to apply for one of the jobs that you claim Bush moved out of the Country (oh wait, you can scrap that idea due to the fact that most every Country on the planet would require that you obtain legal citizenship and/or a work permit).

Oh well, maybe you'll receive an invite to one of Charlie Rangel's fund raisers...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Ted Stevens Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
U.S. Postal Service losing tens of millions ann... Jul '14 Grow Conservatism 16
HAARP project winding down: Was it all a huge c... May '14 not Angels harps 1
Secret Weapon? Conspiracy Theories Abound as US... May '14 not Angels harps 1
Conspiracy Theory Target HAARP May Be Shut Down May '14 your community 1
Justice Dept. prosecutor commits suicide while ... (Sep '10) Apr '14 yes - Im HAPPY NO... 24
Toxic exposure in asbestos case (May '09) Apr '14 mike crill 32
How the Senate became the House, in 4 steps (Nov '13) Feb '14 Cat74 90

Search the Ted Stevens Forum:
•••