All charges against Sen. Ted Stevens ...

All charges against Sen. Ted Stevens are dropped

There are 87 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Apr 1, 2009, titled All charges against Sen. Ted Stevens are dropped. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

Reporting from Washington - The Justice Department is dropping all charges against former Sen.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
kevin

Schaumburg, IL

#83 Apr 4, 2009
you people who want to blame bush or obama or conservatives or liberals are just playing into the hands of the elite. haven't you ever heard of divide and conquer? that's what they've done to us. their is no true party affiliation in politics... only money and greed. i supprt obama's efforts, but holder is a scum bag just like gonzales was. he has defended murderous industries in south america from legal recourse in the past. he is completely void of any morality.
joan t

Waukegan, IL

#84 Apr 5, 2009
Atty. Gen. Eric Holder called us a nation of cowards! That is one statement I can never forgive him for. The men and woman of the USA, fought for this country bravely, some came back, others did not. Is The Atty. General calling them cowards? It is because of patriots efforts that we have this wonderful country. They protected the rights that allow MR.Holder to make these demeaning remarks. What is the matter with Washington pols? Are they for us or against us. Hilliary Clinton stated that we are to blame for the drug wars in Mexico, Nancy Pelosi called the Federal agency ICE un american and our own homeland Security Janet Napolitano questioned ICE raids which resulted in 28 illegals being caught. No problem for the illegals in that case! they were released back into the community so they could continue to live here illegally and take jobs from US taxpaying citizens.Why even bother to have Ice and legal immigration agencies. when their efforts are ignored by mindless politicians. Let your senators and representatives know how you feel, so that we can keep America safe.
dalmatian847

Lafayette, IN

#85 Apr 5, 2009
joan t wrote:
Atty. Gen. Eric Holder called us a nation of cowards! That is one statement I can never forgive him for. The men and woman of the USA, fought for this country bravely, some came back, others did not. Is The Atty. General calling them cowards? It is because of patriots efforts that we have this wonderful country. They protected the rights that allow MR.Holder to make these demeaning remarks. What is the matter with Washington pols? Are they for us or against us. Hilliary Clinton stated that we are to blame for the drug wars in Mexico, Nancy Pelosi called the Federal agency ICE un american and our own homeland Security Janet Napolitano questioned ICE raids which resulted in 28 illegals being caught. No problem for the illegals in that case! they were released back into the community so they could continue to live here illegally and take jobs from US taxpaying citizens.Why even bother to have Ice and legal immigration agencies. when their efforts are ignored by mindless politicians. Let your senators and representatives know how you feel, so that we can keep America safe.
Well his boss just went over to Europe and called the U.S arrogant, so birds of a feather do flock together.

Par for the course in the "blame America first" wing of the Democrat Party.
joan t

Waukegan, IL

#86 Apr 6, 2009
dalmatian847 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well his boss just went over to Europe and called the U.S arrogant, so birds of a feather do flock together.
Par for the course in the "blame America first" wing of the Democrat Party.
-- I agree with you, and you know what happens when eagle's fly. I'm keeping my umbrella with me at all times, because I think we are already getting s##t on. Keep the faith for all Americans who love their country.
heres to ya

Chicago, IL

#87 Apr 6, 2009
ha ha ha ha ha ...God bless the United States of Global Corporations!
dalmatian847

Lafayette, IN

#88 Apr 6, 2009
kevin wrote:
you people who want to blame bush or obama or conservatives or liberals are just playing into the hands of the elite. haven't you ever heard of divide and conquer? that's what they've done to us. their is no true party affiliation in politics... only money and greed. i supprt obama's efforts, but holder is a scum bag just like gonzales was. he has defended murderous industries in south america from legal recourse in the past. he is completely void of any morality.
You omitted Janet (Waco) Reno. The difference between Reno and Holder and that of Gonzalez was that Gonzalez was forced to resign.
ricbee

New Britain, CT

#89 Apr 6, 2009
joan t wrote:
<quoted text>-- Ricbee He is only the sacrificial lamb, however he did take gifts for favors, and in anyone's book that is graft. He was penny ante compared to REP Jefferson,C. Rangel,C. Dodd and a host of others. Tax evasion and graft is rife in Washington-- What is the percentage of the people the President selected for appointment who did not pay their taxes. It's not a good sign for the rest of us. It makes you wonder if there is any honesty in Government. Don't you find it strange that Atty. Gen. Holder put an end to the indictment?? How many secrets did Senator Stevens know that would have stained many of his fellow politicians.Trust and politicians are not two words that go together. Term limits are necessary to end the career politicians nesting in the job for life.We have had enough of them!!!!
True,they got rid of him & now want to silence him. But the rules are written so vaguely that a Dumbocrat would not even have been charged.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ted Stevens Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News University of Alaska Fairbanks to take over fab... May '16 USA these days 1
News Alaska Gov. Walker downsizes Washington, D.C., ... (Nov '15) Nov '15 Sarin Palin 1
News Sen. Menendez Bribery Case Heats Up With New Ju... (Aug '15) Aug '15 Le Jimbo 13
News Senator Begich pulls campaign commercial using ... (Sep '14) Sep '14 Monty Ananconda 1
News Conspiracy Theory Target HAARP May Be Shut Down (May '14) Aug '14 Believer 2
News U.S. Postal Service losing tens of millions ann... (Jun '14) Jul '14 Grow Conservatism 16
News HAARP project winding down: Was it all a huge c... (May '14) May '14 not Angels harps 1
More from around the web