Sen. Murkowski mounting write-in bid ...

Sen. Murkowski mounting write-in bid for Senate

There are 142 comments on the The Topeka Capital-Journal story from Sep 17, 2010, titled Sen. Murkowski mounting write-in bid for Senate. In it, The Topeka Capital-Journal reports that:

U.S. Sen. Lisa Murkowski, who lost Alaska's GOP primary last month in a stunning upset to a tea-party backed rival, announced Friday that she's mounting a write-in candidacy in a bid to hold onto her job.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Topeka Capital-Journal.

“Did U plug the damn hole yet?”

Since: Jan 08

Addison, TX

#125 Sep 20, 2010
True American wrote:
no you all act more like liberals with your want of growing of the federal government and the fact that palin raised taxes. you should just jump over to the democrat side and call yourselve blue dog democrats. that way the GOP can purge itself of you phony conservatives and racist Tea Party members and return the GOP back to the party of true conservatives such as Reagan and Lincoln.
<quoted text>
"you should just jump over to the democrat side and call yourselve blue dog democrats. "

You have a lower opinion of Democrats than I do.

Because whatever their faults are they can certainly tell the difference between a Blue Dog Democrat and a conservative Republican.
True American

Lyndhurst, NJ

#126 Sep 20, 2010
I certainly agree. I'm sure the blue dog democrats will gladly accept you and palin with your liberal views on taxes and the power of government.

...although...the blue dog democrats tend not to favor raising taxes (like Palin did)....and are wary about growing government (which you favor since you believe it is the government's job to venture into the oil and gas indusry and plug the hole). so..hmm...interesting..haha. you and palin may actually be too left and liberal even for the blue dog democrats. LOL!
Mac-7 wrote:
<quoted text>
"you should just jump over to the democrat side and call yourselve blue dog democrats. "
You have a lower opinion of Democrats than I do.
Because whatever their faults are they can certainly tell the difference between a Blue Dog Democrat and a conservative Republican.

Addison, TX

#127 Sep 20, 2010
True American wrote:
I certainly agree. I'm sure the blue dog democrats will gladly accept you and palin with your liberal views on taxes and the power of government.

<quoted text>
It's more likely that many of the Blue Dogs will disappear in the next congress and won't be there to welcome anyone.
Susan Cutler

La Mirada, CA

#128 Sep 20, 2010
Lisa will bring down the senatorial election - no Republicans will win! She is giving the election to the Democrats. BIG MISTAKE- She should stop being a poor loser and also stop being like her Father. Unbelievable! I truly thought she had more sense! The Republicans should talk to her and tell her to stop.I called her office and left a message for her. Everyone should pickup the phone, call to give her their opinions now. It is wrong!

Addison, TX

#129 Sep 20, 2010
Susan Cutler wrote:
Lisa will bring down the senatorial election - no Republicans will win! She is giving the election to the Democrats. BIG MISTAKE- She should stop being a poor loser and also stop being like her Father. Unbelievable! I truly thought she had more sense! The Republicans should talk to her and tell her to stop.I called her office and left a message for her. Everyone should pickup the phone, call to give her their opinions now. It is wrong!
"I truly thought she had more sense! "

She does.

But RINO's like Murkowski do not go to Washington you help the public.

They go there to help themselves.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#130 Sep 20, 2010
FreeDog wrote:
Woof, This post is to Mac-7 and Maddog2008. I know you guys are frustrated by the two crazy flies that are buzzing around here. Remember, the reason they can't debate facts or logic is they don't possess the intellect. All they know how to do is schoolyard "nanner, nanner, nanner". Replying to them is like debating a pile of manure. Logic won't decrease the odor. The only way to decrease the odor is to walk away.
The subject of this thread is Murkowski's write in campaign. These clowns are delighted with it because they think it might save the Democrat in Alaska. It won't. Joe Miller will win by 10% just like Rubio in Florida. Republicans have several things that Democrats lack. Among these are brains, ethics and the ability not to be fooled twice.
Mac-7=Freedog=Maddog
obskeptic

Rochester, MI

#131 Sep 20, 2010
Kline wrote:
The Republican Party is throwing their support, financial, and otherwise behind anyone they think has a chance of winning.
Doesn't matter at all it they're qualified or not.
Look at poor Sarah what they did to her having her run for vice president. They made that poor girl look the fool before the whole nation. Seeing Russia.
from her house.
You know what's funny is Sarah isn't even in a position to have any direct affect on our lives, yet the extreme left mock her relentlessly. Then you contrast that with a complete idiot like Nancy Pelosi , who can and does affect our daily lives directly, but we here no mocking or insults from the professional extreme left, because she is their idiot. "we have to vote for and pass the healthcare bill to find out what is actually in the legislation", and she is speaker of the house.
obskeptic

Rochester, MI

#132 Sep 20, 2010
Susan Cutler wrote:
This is what you get from the professional entitled political class. It's all about her, not the people or the party. This is what having no class at all looks like.
Pheeew

Kansas City, MO

#133 Sep 20, 2010
obskeptic wrote:
<quoted text>
You know what's funny is Sarah isn't even in a position to have any direct affect on our lives, yet the extreme left mock her relentlessly. Then you contrast that with a complete idiot like Nancy Pelosi , who can and does affect our daily lives directly, but we here no mocking or insults from the professional extreme left, because she is their idiot. "we have to vote for and pass the healthcare bill to find out what is actually in the legislation", and she is speaker of the house.
Mocking relentlessly? The sad part is that what I said is the absolute truth. Sarah Palin was not ready to be Governor of any state let alone Vice-President of the United States , a heartbeat away from the Presidency. She is an admitted soccer mom with an extra dose of ambition. Like her protege Christine.
It's well and good to make jokes about either party but the thought of either one of those very nice looking ladies being in any way "in charge" of this country is not even funny. Does indicate just how screwed up this country has become.
Mothers don't raise kids anymore they play politics and the children raise themselves. Just gets crazier all the time. Hollywood in Washington.
Who was Miss America last year? I wonder what she's doing now. Maybe we can make a vice-president out of her. Get her a few spots on Fox and let her visit with Sarah for a while. She could run in 2012. You go girl!
new yawk

United States

#134 Sep 20, 2010
One pathetic, desperate, cheap skirt.

So, it's come down to this ...

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#135 Sep 20, 2010
obskeptic wrote:
<quoted text>
This is what you get from the professional entitled political class. It's all about her, not the people or the party. This is what having no class at all looks like.
GO FOR IT LISA!
Kline

Kansas City, MO

#136 Sep 20, 2010
new yawk wrote:
One pathetic, desperate, cheap skirt.
So, it's come down to this ...
Yep, pretty much looks like it.
Looks like a duck, quacks like a duck... you know the rest.

“Hillary, thirty years of lying”

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#137 Sep 20, 2010
True American wrote:
<quoted text>
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1220575435262...
truth hurts doesn't it Le Jimbo. deny all you want. facts are facts.
How can I deny the facts all you did is show how brilliant Palin was.........

As a new governor in 2007, Mrs. Palin stepped in to address the fiscal crisis and restore accountability. Working with Democrats and Republicans alike, she chose a 25% profits tax. But in lean years the state reverts to a 10% gross revenue tax on legacy fields that do not require massive continuing inputs of new capital.

Relative to the old system, Mrs. Palin's plan -- called "Alaska's Clear and Equitable Share" (ACES)-- improves incentives for developing new resources. It ensures the state does well in boom times -- as it is doing now -- when oil prices are high. But it also hedges against low prices in the future by ensuring that oil companies exposed to commodity price swings don't face a crushing tax burden when commodity prices fall.

Her plan includes an escalator clause that gives the state a larger share of revenues when oil prices rise. This is common to production-sharing agreements all over the world.

You loons are a hoot, you might want to read before lying again.

Paris

#138 Sep 20, 2010
Susan Cutler wrote:
pure propaganda, sweet cheeks, there aren't enough registered loons in Alaska to pull anyting but your chain.

Paris

#139 Sep 20, 2010
True American wrote:
...although...the blue dog democrats tend not to favor raising taxes (like Palin did)....and are wary about growing government (which you favor since you believe it is the government's job to venture into the oil and gas indusry and plug the hole). so..hmm...interesting..haha. you and palin may actually be too left and liberal even for the blue dog democrats. LOL!
<quoted text>
OBAMA VOTER TELLS IT LIKE IT IS………………………

I'm one of your middle class Americans. And quite frankly I'm exhausted. I'm exhausted of defending you, defending your administration, defending the mantle of change I voted for, and deeply disappointed with where we are right now," she said.

Obama admin uses private tax info to target opponents? SHADES OF HILLARY AND THE FBI FILES.

More House Dems stressing independence from Pelosi, Obama... GET AWAY GET AWAY GET AWAY………….The chickens are coming home to roost.

Paris

#140 Sep 20, 2010
True American wrote:
no. you didn't. show me where palin did not raise taxes through ACES. show me where the Tea Party rejected Palin. show me where they rejected Bachmann. show me where she did not support growing government ban gay marriage. just to name a few. nice try though. actions speak louder than false words.
<quoted text>
idiot she raised taxes to companies not the people........god are you stupid.
True American

Houston, TX

#141 Sep 21, 2010
right. the phony conservative liberal raised taxes. see---taxes aren't a bad thing Le Jimbo. but Palin is hardly a true conservative.
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>How can I deny the facts all you did is show how brilliant Palin was.........
As a new governor in 2007, Mrs. Palin stepped in to address the fiscal crisis and restore accountability. Working with Democrats and Republicans alike, she chose a 25% profits tax. But in lean years the state reverts to a 10% gross revenue tax on legacy fields that do not require massive continuing inputs of new capital.
Relative to the old system, Mrs. Palin's plan -- called "Alaska's Clear and Equitable Share" (ACES)-- improves incentives for developing new resources. It ensures the state does well in boom times -- as it is doing now -- when oil prices are high. But it also hedges against low prices in the future by ensuring that oil companies exposed to commodity price swings don't face a crushing tax burden when commodity prices fall.
Her plan includes an escalator clause that gives the state a larger share of revenues when oil prices rise. This is common to production-sharing agreements all over the world.
You loons are a hoot, you might want to read before lying again.
True American

Houston, TX

#142 Sep 21, 2010
she raised taxes. god are you stupid. who foots the bill for those taxes. ultimately, the consumer. god are you stupid.
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>idiot she raised taxes to companies not the people........god are you stupid.
obskeptic

Rochester, MI

#143 Sep 21, 2010
True American wrote:
right. the phony conservative liberal raised taxes. see---taxes aren't a bad thing Le Jimbo. but Palin is hardly a true conservative.
<quoted text>
No, taxes are not a bad thing as long as they are not from the money you make, right?

Paris

#144 Sep 21, 2010
True American wrote:
she raised taxes. god are you stupid. who foots the bill for those taxes. ultimately, the consumer. god are you stupid.
<quoted text>
LIBERALS DON'T RUN ON THEIR VOTING RECORD OR OBAMA CARE..........THEY JUST RUN.........

GREAT ESCAPE: HOUSE MAY ADJOURN '3 WEEKS EARLY', the chickens are fleeing the roost……..suspect most will return to Washington soon with dust bunnys from hiding under their bed.

Aunt Zeituni:'The System Took Advantage Of Me'
President Obama's Aunt Speaks Exclusively With WBZ-TV. Obama’s illegal aunt……..YOU OWE ME.
If I come as an immigrant, you have the obligation to make me a citizen." Those are the words from 58-year-old Zeituni Onyango of Kenya in a recent exclusive interview with WBZ-TV.

House GOP to unveil agenda Thursday...

Plan ObamaCare Repeal...

HALEY BARBOUR: GOP, Tea Party Unity Spells Defeat For Obama...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ted Stevens Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Alaska is Now Purple Oct '16 Go Blue Forever 1
News University of Alaska Fairbanks to take over fab... (May '16) May '16 USA these days 1
News Alaska Gov. Walker downsizes Washington, D.C., ... (Nov '15) Nov '15 Sarin Palin 1
News Sen. Menendez Bribery Case Heats Up With New Ju... (Aug '15) Aug '15 Le Jimbo 13
News Senator Begich pulls campaign commercial using ... (Sep '14) Sep '14 Monty Ananconda 1
News Conspiracy Theory Target HAARP May Be Shut Down (May '14) Aug '14 Believer 2
News U.S. Postal Service losing tens of millions ann... (Jun '14) Jul '14 Grow Conservatism 16
More from around the web