Alaska Disputes Polar Bear Threat

Alaska Disputes Polar Bear Threat

There are 3 comments on the KVML story from Feb 22, 2008, titled Alaska Disputes Polar Bear Threat. In it, KVML reports that:

“This is yet another example of how a law with the best of intentions has been subverted by the lawyers for the extreme environmental organizations and the liberal Democratic leadership”

The polar bear can be found in just one place in America _ Alaska _ and is perhaps as much a symbol of the state as, say, alligators are of Florida. via KVML

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KVML.

John Marshall

Grantham, UK

#1 Feb 24, 2008
Polar bears have increased their numbers to about 25000 from a low of 5000 some years ago. There is no need to list them as endangered, providing that they stay off the hunting list. Polar ice is back to a hundred year high as temperatures drop. If the environmentalists are worried about the polar bear and their claim of rising temperatures, why did the polar bear not die out during the Medieval Warm Period or the Roman Warm Period? They clearly did not so temperatures are not a problem for them food availability is. The bears probably find seals easier to find in low ice conditions, easy hunting growing numbers as we find now.
sam the seal

League City, TX

#2 Feb 14, 2009
you guys need to start hunting them again..polar bears are dangerous and need to be killed they have killed my hole family...and all most got me..I have a right to live to....so take them off the endangered list and start hunting them again....save a seals life.....
paul the penguin

League City, TX

#3 Feb 14, 2009
I agree with you sam but they need to stop the killer whales ....... like you they have eaten my family..I say down with polar bears and killer whales............

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ted Stevens Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News University of Alaska Fairbanks to take over fab... May '16 USA these days 1
News Alaska Gov. Walker downsizes Washington, D.C., ... (Nov '15) Nov '15 Sarin Palin 1
News Sen. Menendez Bribery Case Heats Up With New Ju... (Aug '15) Aug '15 Le Jimbo 13
News Senator Begich pulls campaign commercial using ... (Sep '14) Sep '14 Monty Ananconda 1
News Conspiracy Theory Target HAARP May Be Shut Down (May '14) Aug '14 Believer 2
News U.S. Postal Service losing tens of millions ann... (Jun '14) Jul '14 Grow Conservatism 16
News HAARP project winding down: Was it all a huge c... (May '14) May '14 not Angels harps 1
More from around the web