Kelliher concedes in Minnesota governor's race; DFL nominee Dayton ...

Full story: TwinCities.com

House Speaker Margaret Anderson Kelliher late this morning conceded defeat to former U.S. Sen.
Comments
301 - 319 of 319 Comments Last updated Aug 17, 2010
First Prev
of 16
Next Last
Don Joe

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2010

Livin Woodbury wrote:
<quoted text>
Don Joe-no disrepect but if you did not make it during the Reagan years the problem was likely you
Me??? Oh, I suppose multiple degrees means I just didn't get enough education to have a job. Along with the near 100 million others who had no jobs as well.

The economy was a disaster. You can try to spin. Maybe a few well placed insults will be sufficient for those who didn't live through it to be mislead into thinking that Reaganomics actually worked, when everyone who was alive then saw it as a horrible failure.
Don Joe

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2010

Jeff T in MPLS wrote:
<quoted text>
The "Bush depression"????
Donna Joe...you know better than that....come on...say it with us...
"Chris Dodd and Barney Frank created the Fannie and Freddie MAC crisis which tipped over the US economy".
Oh darn, you are saying it's the democrats fault that we never recovered from 9/11/2001. It was Dodd and Frank's fault in 2006 that 2001 was such a disaster. And besides, it took no time for them to destroy the economy which was so great before that.

You may notice that some of us don't buy into the bush lies. He told us the first 6 years of his presidency was bad because of Clinton. In 2006, when the dems had a majority in congress(slim to none) we were told the first 6 years were great, and now they are bad because of a few congressmen.

Let me ask, how can you believe this nonsense? I am going to guess that you really know better, but you engage in wanton ignorance because then you can blame the democrats for everything that happens and restore power to the criminals you favor. You know, the ones who will protect you from the boogie man. The ones who tell you, you need to be so scared you don't want freedom.

“Get RIGHT or be left”

Since: Nov 07

www.dreamindemon.com

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2010

Judged:

Don Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
10%, no, not even close. Close would be 23%. The 800 billion was a continuation of the bush policy to give money to large corporations. I am waiting for the 800 billion to the middle class.
You gave up that money when you voted demoncrat...

Bush was a liberal...that is what we get for having a liberal in the White House AND in Congress...

“Get RIGHT or be left”

www.dreamindemon.com

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2010

Judged:

Don Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh darn, you are saying it's the democrats fault that we never recovered from 9/11/2001. It was Dodd and Frank's fault in 2006 that 2001 was such a disaster. And besides, it took no time for them to destroy the economy which was so great before that.
You may notice that some of us don't buy into the bush lies. He told us the first 6 years of his presidency was bad because of Clinton. In 2006, when the dems had a majority in congress(slim to none) we were told the first 6 years were great, and now they are bad because of a few congressmen.
Let me ask, how can you believe this nonsense? I am going to guess that you really know better, but you engage in wanton ignorance because then you can blame the democrats for everything that happens and restore power to the criminals you favor. You know, the ones who will protect you from the boogie man. The ones who tell you, you need to be so scared you don't want freedom.
You have me confused with, well, you.

I want freedom, not government control. You think you will achieve freedom THROUGH government control. As always, you are an idiot.

No boogieman there...just in your head...and his name is Bush.

The criminals I favor? Remember, I am the one that has said OVER AND OVER re-elect NO ONE and let's get rid of the one-party system in Washington. But you just keep beating the drum that liberal policies through government control and taxation will provide freedom....you could not be more wrong. Less responsibility for all but government, yes. Freedom, no.

It was Frank and Dodd who willfully lied and blocked Bush (weak effort that he put forth) to reign in Fannie and Freddie MAC. But your partisan blinders won't allow you to see that....all you can do is chant "Bush's fault, Bush's fault" with glassy eyes.

Dems had a majority in Congress during those years, no matter how you try to minimize that reality (slim to none....puh-lease). A majority is a majority.

Notice the lack of backbone in your beloved party in Washington now that, in August, admits they won't pass any legislation until after November for fear it could further hurt their majority in Congress. Not concerned about the integrity of the country, just their job security.

You keep aligning with them. The good news for you, Donna Joe, is that you fit in well with the Minnesota Liberal Morons, out of step with the rest of the country.
Don Joe

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2010

Judged:

Jeff T in MPLS wrote:
<quoted text>
You gave up that money when you voted demoncrat...
Bush was a liberal...that is what we get for having a liberal in the White House AND in Congress...
Wrong, wrong wrong. I am not a democrat and bush is not a liberal. For 8 years all we heard was how great a conservative bush was. He was following in Reagan's footsteps. Only when the results turned out so bad do you call him a liberal. He followed your conservative principals to their logical conclusion and now that you don't like the results, you twist and spin.
ForReal

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2010

It always makes your arguments more valid when you feminize the other person's name. Well, it worked in junior high.
Don Joe

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2010

Jeff T in MPLS wrote:
<quoted text>
You have me confused with, well, you.
I want freedom, not government control. You think you will achieve freedom THROUGH government control. As always, you are an idiot.
No boogieman there...just in your head...and his name is Bush.
The criminals I favor? Remember, I am the one that has said OVER AND OVER re-elect NO ONE and let's get rid of the one-party system in Washington. But you just keep beating the drum that liberal policies through government control and taxation will provide freedom....you could not be more wrong. Less responsibility for all but government, yes. Freedom, no.
It was Frank and Dodd who willfully lied and blocked Bush (weak effort that he put forth) to reign in Fannie and Freddie MAC. But your partisan blinders won't allow you to see that....all you can do is chant "Bush's fault, Bush's fault" with glassy eyes.
Dems had a majority in Congress during those years, no matter how you try to minimize that reality (slim to none....puh-lease). A majority is a majority.
Notice the lack of backbone in your beloved party in Washington now that, in August, admits they won't pass any legislation until after November for fear it could further hurt their majority in Congress. Not concerned about the integrity of the country, just their job security.
You keep aligning with them. The good news for you, Donna Joe, is that you fit in well with the Minnesota Liberal Morons, out of step with the rest of the country.
Where do you get this nonsense?

How about freedom by having enforceable laws which make sure the government cannot infringe on our freedoms. One example would be the constitution. It says for example we get habeas corpus. No law should be able to remove that, but here we are stuck with your Pat Act because you are too scared to be free.

You can try to misdirect and claim it was some democrats in 2006 who caused the depression to begin in 2001, but somehow I think that won't convince even you, that is if you ever thought about it.

My beloved party? Which one is that?? I am not a member of any political party, nor do I buy the constant propaganda streaming from the right wing media.

You might claim to be interested in getting rid of the one party system, but it appears your heart lies with the GOP and getting them back in power. If you don't want them back in power, name an alternative.

“Get RIGHT or be left”

www.dreamindemon.com

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2010

Don Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong, wrong wrong. I am not a democrat and bush is not a liberal. For 8 years all we heard was how great a conservative bush was. He was following in Reagan's footsteps. Only when the results turned out so bad do you call him a liberal. He followed your conservative principals to their logical conclusion and now that you don't like the results, you twist and spin.
Your ignorance is breath-taking. Your assumptions, typical.

You are a liberal, pure and simple. The closest party you align with is the demoncrats. You can be in denial, but really, go back and read your posts and take yourself out of it. If you were reading your posts from someone else, what would you think?

For 8 years, you heard LIBERALS call Bush a conservative. I never did. I was not a fan of his dad's and even less so of GWB. While somewhat socially conservative, he was a fiscal liberal.

Reagan had his faults, and I take exception with them as well, but Bush is not even in the same league as Reagan. Period.

Tell me, what conservative principles of "mine" did he follow? Please, as you, again, assume you know me, tell me more about me. You have failed to do so every other time I have challenged you on this...but your emotionalism is entertaining.

The only "twist and spin" here is you and your partisan vomit.

“Get RIGHT or be left”

www.dreamindemon.com

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2010

Judged:

Don Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
Where do you get this nonsense?
How about freedom by having enforceable laws which make sure the government cannot infringe on our freedoms. One example would be the constitution. It says for example we get habeas corpus. No law should be able to remove that, but here we are stuck with your Pat Act because you are too scared to be free.
You can try to misdirect and claim it was some democrats in 2006 who caused the depression to begin in 2001, but somehow I think that won't convince even you, that is if you ever thought about it.
My beloved party? Which one is that?? I am not a member of any political party, nor do I buy the constant propaganda streaming from the right wing media.
You might claim to be interested in getting rid of the one party system, but it appears your heart lies with the GOP and getting them back in power. If you don't want them back in power, name an alternative.
Can you be any more pathetic? How is the Patriot Act mine? I did not support that nor do I think it is good policy...but you keep wrongly assuming stuff...one day you might get one right.

Rather than spending BILLIONS on bottlenecking business travellers and tourists, the much simpler solution is to have each airline customer sign a waver and be assigned a taser. Light a match by your shoe and, BAM....14 different tasers go off...I would bet the heros of United 93 would have loved to have had tasers.

I am too scared to be free? Wrong again. You are too scared to not have the government protect you...and are willing to confiscate all the tax dollars you need to do so, and provide copious amounts of support to those that don't work.

Now, stop stroking yourself and sweating....read this and tell me, objectively, what you would think of someone that posted this....

"My beloved party? Which one is that?? I am not a member of any political party, nor do I buy the constant propaganda streaming from the right wing media."

Notice no mention of the left wing media. Yeah, you are SOOOOO balanced in your thought process...you are a like your wife when she does not take her bipolar and depression meds....real stable there!

But you do buy the constant stream of left wing media from morons like Al "FelonVoter" Franken and Air-head America. Tell me I am wrong. Please.

My heart lies with the GOP?...you are dumb as a stump. Why don't you go to my page on Topix and read what I say about the GOP...and how spineless they are. Sheesh.

An alternative? You don't read much...just react. When you were dry humping your Clinton doll, I was working on and voted for the Presidental candidacy of Col. James "Bo" Gritz in '92. The next election, I worked on and voted for A BLACK MAN (way before the oh-so-cool Obama), Dr. Alan Keyes.

Please, give it up. Face it, thinking is not your strong suit. Heck, it is not even your swim suit.
Don Joe

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2010

Jeff T in MPLS wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you be any more pathetic? How is the Patriot Act mine? I did not support that nor do I think it is good policy...but you keep wrongly assuming stuff...one day you might get one right.
Rather than spending BILLIONS on bottlenecking business travellers and tourists, the much simpler solution is to have each airline customer sign a waver and be assigned a taser. Light a match by your shoe and, BAM....14 different tasers go off...I would bet the heros of United 93 would have loved to have had tasers.
I am too scared to be free? Wrong again. You are too scared to not have the government protect you...and are willing to confiscate all the tax dollars you need to do so, and provide copious amounts of support to those that don't work.
Now, stop stroking yourself and sweating....read this and tell me, objectively, what you would think of someone that posted this....
"My beloved party? Which one is that?? I am not a member of any political party, nor do I buy the constant propaganda streaming from the right wing media."
Notice no mention of the left wing media. Yeah, you are SOOOOO balanced in your thought process...you are a like your wife when she does not take her bipolar and depression meds....real stable there!
But you do buy the constant stream of left wing media from morons like Al "FelonVoter" Franken and Air-head America. Tell me I am wrong. Please.
My heart lies with the GOP?...
An alternative? You don't read much...just react. When you were dry humping your Clinton doll, I was working on and voted for the Presidental candidacy of Col. James "Bo" Gritz in '92. The next election, I worked on and voted for A BLACK MAN (way before the oh-so-cool Obama), Dr. Alan Keyes.
Please, give it up. Face it, thinking is not your strong suit. Heck, it is not even your swim suit.
Left wing media???? Where? I have never seen one so there is no more need to mention I don't believe the left wing media any more than there is a necessity to mention I don't listen to little green men. It's all propaganda, none of it left wing.
What would I think of someone not belonging to any political party? I would say good. What would I think of someone not buying into the constant stream of propaganda? I would say even better. Are you really trying to say that we should belong to either party? or that we should simply believe the propaganda?
As per your request, I will tell you, you are wrong. The constant stream of propaganda from the few options that might self-claim to be progressive are not progressive at all. They refuse to even do the simplest things such as call the Obama health care program right wing and it should be abolished. They refuse to allow discussion of universal single payer simply because the GOP took too much money from health insurers to allow them to lose any business at all. None will discuss investigating the crimes of the bush administration. None will discuss eliminating the bush/GOP Pat Act and restore freedom. None will discuss properly ending the bush wars. None will discuss restoring the economy to the middle class. They won't talk about Chinese currency manipulation. They won't talk about bringing jobs back, they simply say all the jobs are not coming back. They won't talk about enforcing existing laws against those companies hiring illegals. No, it's just more support of the bush policies. They won't even discuss firing the attorney generals appointed by bush to use the position for political gain. They have been instructed to bring charges against all non-republicans for political purposes, even with no substance to the charge. They won't bring charges against republicans no matter the crimes.
They won't even discuss the simple things, How could they ever get to the important things?
I didn't vote for any black man, instead I voted for the black woman.
Respect 101

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2010

Judged:

Don Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
Me??? Oh, I suppose multiple degrees means I just didn't get enough education to have a job. Along with the near 100 million others who had no jobs as well.
The economy was a disaster. You can try to spin. Maybe a few well placed insults will be sufficient for those who didn't live through it to be mislead into thinking that Reaganomics actually worked, when everyone who was alive then saw it as a horrible failure.
Congrats Don Joe-18 million new jobs in the RR years and you could not land one. What is you degree in digging ditches?
Don Joe

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2010

Judged:

Respect 101 wrote:
<quoted text>
Congrats Don Joe-18 million new jobs in the RR years and you could not land one. What is you degree in digging ditches?
Yea, Yea, Yea, I know the story. He made the sun to shine and the birds to sing. He created more jobs than there were people so everyone had three jobs and each job paid $1 million dollars an hour.
Respect 101

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2010

Judged:

Don Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
Yea, Yea, Yea, I know the story. He made the sun to shine and the birds to sing. He created more jobs than there were people so everyone had three jobs and each job paid $1 million dollars an hour.
But we all agree that we love Obama's record of americans on food stamps

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2010

Judged:

Jeff T in MPLS wrote:
<quoted text>
My heart lies with the GOP?...you are dumb as a stump. Why don't you go to my page on Topix and read what I say about the GOP...and how spineless they are. Sheesh.
JeffT:
You are exchanging verbage with a gentleman who claims to be independant, but as you have discovered, he so far to the left, he thinks the world was created by Hubert Humphrey and Walter Mondale.
To engage in a serious discussion, beyond exchanging barbs, is not advised. He hates Bush, blames him for every thing, including the BP oil spill. When he looks to the left, there is no else in line. He is a good example of what happens if you live too long in Minneapolis under the rule of the DFL. You can use his arquements as practice so when you run into a liberal who actually understands English

“Get RIGHT or be left”

www.dreamindemon.com

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2010

Judged:

Don Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
Left wing media???? Where? I have never seen one so there is no more need to mention I don't believe the left wing media any more than there is a necessity to mention I don't listen to little green men. It's all propaganda, none of it left wing.
What would I think of someone not belonging to any political party? I would say good. What would I think of someone not buying into the constant stream of propaganda? I would say even better. Are you really trying to say that we should belong to either party? or that we should simply believe the propaganda?
As per your request, I will tell you, you are wrong. The constant stream of propaganda from the few options that might self-claim to be progressive are not progressive at all. They refuse to even do the simplest things such as call the Obama health care program right wing and it should be abolished. They refuse to allow discussion of universal single payer simply because the GOP took too much money from health insurers to allow them to lose any business at all. None will discuss investigating the crimes of the bush administration. None will discuss eliminating the bush/GOP Pat Act and restore freedom. None will discuss properly ending the bush wars. None will discuss restoring the economy to the middle class. They won't talk about Chinese currency manipulation. They won't talk about bringing jobs back, they simply say all the jobs are not coming back. They won't talk about enforcing existing laws against those companies hiring illegals. No, it's just more support of the bush policies. They won't even discuss firing the attorney generals appointed by bush to use the position for political gain. They have been instructed to bring charges against all non-republicans for political purposes, even with no substance to the charge. They won't bring charges against republicans no matter the crimes.
They won't even discuss the simple things, How could they ever get to the important things?
Psssst, Don...I don't mean to break your bubble, but your name is not Don Joe....it is Karl Marx.

"They refuse to even do the simplest things such as call the Obama health care program right wing and it should be abolished."

You are on crack cocaine.

You have done a brilliant job of making my point for me, thank you!

It is my hope that EVERY one reads this post...your two fans, Le Jumbo, Will and IrishMN will love you for this.
Non Issue

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2010

Judged:

Don Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
Whatever happened to charging Repubs for waterboarding then to discover that the Dems and Nancy Pelosi were implicated as well.

doesnt that just stink

Since: Apr 09

Twin Cities

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2010

Judged:

Non Issue wrote:
<quoted text>
Whatever happened to charging Repubs for waterboarding then to discover that the Dems and Nancy Pelosi were implicated as well.
doesnt that just stink
And where did you "discover" this? If this is true then indict the whole bunch of them, starting with the shrub and his pet vampire.
marcus

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2010

Judged:

A tonne of sonnes will not get us Minnesotans through the long and seemingly endless "Night of the Daytons".

But as sure as the sun will rise in the east, this tomb, too, shall pass.
It Worked

Plymouth, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2010

Judged:

Every Conservative I know got out and voted for Dayton/Target.

Kelliher got hosed, if I were her I'd run a write-in campaign...

She DESERVES the Governorship!!!!!

Dayton/Target is a loser!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 16
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Ted Stevens Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
U.S. Postal Service losing tens of millions ann... Jul '14 Grow Conservatism 16
HAARP project winding down: Was it all a huge c... May '14 not Angels harps 1
Secret Weapon? Conspiracy Theories Abound as US... May '14 not Angels harps 1
Conspiracy Theory Target HAARP May Be Shut Down May '14 your community 1
Justice Dept. prosecutor commits suicide while ... (Sep '10) Apr '14 yes - Im HAPPY NO... 24
Toxic exposure in asbestos case (May '09) Apr '14 mike crill 32
How the Senate became the House, in 4 steps (Nov '13) Feb '14 Cat74 90

Search the Ted Stevens Forum:
•••