Kelliher concedes in Minnesota governor's race; DFL nominee Dayton ...

Full story: TwinCities.com

House Speaker Margaret Anderson Kelliher late this morning conceded defeat to former U.S. Sen.
Comments
1 - 20 of 319 Comments Last updated Aug 17, 2010
First Prev
of 16
Next Last
Dan Wesson Guy

Philadelphia, PA

#1 Aug 11, 2010
"He'll make an excellent governor". Really, like when he made an excellent senator? The Dems are delusional today. Kelliher was the only chance they had to win. Get ready for another Republican governor.
Smarterthanu

Saint Paul, MN

#3 Aug 11, 2010
This is the beginning of the end of the GOP reign of terror! November can't come soon enough so we can take back our state and restore it to it's former greatness!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Sandy

Saint Paul, MN

#4 Aug 11, 2010
Wingnuts - pure hate, all the time. Zero substance.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
better call somebody

Saint Paul, MN

#5 Aug 11, 2010
Smarterthanu wrote:
This is the beginning of the end of the GOP reign of terror! November can't come soon enough so we can take back our state and restore it to it's former greatness!
Jesse runnin for gov?????

Since: Apr 09

Twin Cities

#6 Aug 11, 2010
Dan Wesson Guy wrote:
"He'll make an excellent governor". Really, like when he made an excellent senator? The Dems are delusional today. Kelliher was the only chance they had to win. Get ready for another Republican governor.
Kelliher was only one of our 3 strong chances to win against your racist, sexist. drunk idiot. Go Mark! Let's get the red out of our blue state!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
fruit bat alert

Saint Paul, MN

#7 Aug 11, 2010
So the winner of the DFL primary was the one who said he would TAX the most. Not CUT out of control spending. Small business owners, beware. This hits you the hardest. Watch the unemployment skyrocket in this state if this formerly voted "One of America's 5 Worst Senators" gets elected.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Lux et Veritas

Minneapolis, MN

#8 Aug 11, 2010
Repo Man wrote:
Nice to see that Her Largeness has finally swallowed her pride (along with an unspecified number of moon-pies) and has called for unity. Boy it is so great to see Melendez, Sertich, Elllison, A-KLO, Her Largeness, and all of her supporters take one in the shorts from a guy they kicked off their convention floor. Thanks for giving the GOP a chanch again!! OUT!!!
The GOP and Independents get to bask in the glory, too. Their crossover votes easily put the most beatable DFLer over the top. All it took were 1.6 crossover votes per precinct (6,797-vote lead divided by the 4,130 precincts reporting).
fruit bat alert

Saint Paul, MN

#9 Aug 11, 2010
Sandy wrote:
Wingnuts - pure hate, all the time. Zero substance.
Yet you lovingly call others Wingnuts. YOU are the hateful one, post after post. Hypocrite.
Julie B

Saint Paul, MN

#10 Aug 11, 2010
I'm sorry - Dayton's campaign was "grassroots?" Try astroturf. What a revolting development.
Where R The Jobs

United States

#11 Aug 11, 2010
Dayton is a lost soul looking for love and trying to buy it with his millions, keep drinkin the vodka and let the demons haunt you for your guilt....What a clown

Since: Aug 09

Saint Paul, MN

#12 Aug 11, 2010
Hey IrishMN! Where are ya? Still at home eating that tasty meal of roasted crow, with a nice blended ego glaze?
Therest Ofthestory

Saint Paul, MN

#13 Aug 11, 2010
The writer forgot to conclude the article with, "And then Ms. Anderson-Kelliher left the building and slit her wrists."
name

San Francisco, CA

#14 Aug 11, 2010
orreljw wrote:
<quoted text>
Kelliher was only one of our 3 strong chances to win against your racist, sexist. drunk idiot. Go Mark! Let's get the red out of our blue state!
Pardon me, but isn't Mark Dayton an admitted alcoholic?
worst prez ever

Baldwin, WI

#15 Aug 11, 2010
fm the land of jessie and freeken... what else wouid one expect??? more ridiculous mud duck representation...... i would't put it past the voters to nominate #4 for the new STATE NUMBER...
Republicat

Maple Plain, MN

#16 Aug 11, 2010
Lux et Veritas wrote:
<quoted text>
The GOP and Independents get to bask in the glory, too. Their crossover votes easily put the most beatable DFLer over the top. All it took were 1.6 crossover votes per precinct (6,797-vote lead divided by the 4,130 precincts reporting).
I'm glad my vote didn't go to waste.

I helped deliver the easiest DFL candidate for Emmer to destroy.

BILLIONARE Dayton has a drinking problem AND mental illness is not his strong point, the man is goofy. Ya can tell by looking in his eyes.

Go get 'em Emmer!!!
Lux et Veritas

Minneapolis, MN

#17 Aug 11, 2010
Julie B wrote:
I'm sorry - Dayton's campaign was "grassroots?" Try astroturf. What a revolting development.
Well, he certainly must have parted amicably with his ex-wife, who parceled out serious cash for her ex's primary campaign.

http://www.shotinthedark.info/wp/... -- Buying Minnesota with Daddy's Money

"...And who is this Alida Messinger who has contributed so mightily – over $1.46 million over the past four years!– to the cause of disinforming Minnesotans about Republicans? Other than the youngest daughter of John D. Rockefeller III?

The ex-wife of candidate Mark Dayton.

So “Alliance for a Better Minnesota” is essentially a front for a group of unions and, to the tune of millions over the past four years, Mark Dayton’s family, friends and ex-wife.

They are paying millions of dollars to advertise – and hiding it from casual view behind two layers of astroturf.

Mark Dayton is trying to buy the election, but he’s taking great pains to make sure you don’t know about it."

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Sandy

Saint Paul, MN

#18 Aug 11, 2010
fruit bat alert wrote:
<quoted text>Yet you lovingly call others Wingnuts. YOU are the hateful one, post after post. Hypocrite.
Case in point. Thanks, echo.
Al Bundy

Farmington, MN

#19 Aug 11, 2010
The Seantor who gave himself an "F" grade for his job performance. I hope Minnesotans wake up and don't vote this a*s*s clown back into office.
Tired of it all

Saint Paul, MN

#20 Aug 11, 2010
Oh man....no more large marge jokes.....my day is ruined

And I voted for you Marge? I thought you would be the easiest to beat in the general election.....
WHAT

Hudson, WI

#21 Aug 11, 2010
orreljw wrote:
<quoted text>
Awwww, lets see drunk or cyco, sexist or complete loser, one of worst senators ever , awwww, me thinks i`ll go with the drunk.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 16
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ted Stevens Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Conspiracy Theory Target HAARP May Be Shut Down Aug 29 Believer 2
U.S. Postal Service losing tens of millions ann... Jul '14 Grow Conservatism 16
HAARP project winding down: Was it all a huge c... May '14 not Angels harps 1
Secret Weapon? Conspiracy Theories Abound as US... May '14 not Angels harps 1
Justice Dept. prosecutor commits suicide while ... (Sep '10) Apr '14 yes - Im HAPPY NO... 24
Toxic exposure in asbestos case (May '09) Apr '14 mike crill 32
How the Senate became the House, in 4 steps (Nov '13) Feb '14 Cat74 90
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Ted Stevens People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••