Cruz's dad: Bribe helped to exit Cuba

Cruz's dad: Bribe helped to exit Cuba

There are 9 comments on the Politico story from Jun 20, 2013, titled Cruz's dad: Bribe helped to exit Cuba. In it, Politico reports that:

Sen. Ted Cruz has been a vocal part of the debate over immigration reform in Washington, and his father said he had some troubles of his own when he tried to leave his native Cuba decades ago.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Politico.

Wall Street Government

Sebastian, FL

#1 Jun 20, 2013
To escape the oppressive regime, Cruz said he applied to the University of Texas, and got a four-year student visa from the U.S. consulate.

After the successful bribe, Cruz arrived in the U.S., as his son Ted likes to brag, with only $100, with little knowledge of English and washing dishes for a living, seven days a week for a mere 50 cents an hour.

Just like Rubio.

It doesn't sound right or add up.

Both are illegal wetbacks.
Lance Winslow

San Jose, CA

#2 Jun 20, 2013
Employment washing dishes is illegal on a student visa, Ted.
Gary

Bellingham, WA

#3 Jun 21, 2013
Rubio likes to tell the story about his
parents getting out of Cuba just before the
takeover by Castro. Sort of by the skin of
their teeth. Real close.

Truth is that they left Cuba five years before
the communists took over.

Oh well, a little red lie never hurt anyone.
kuda

Cincinnati, OH

#5 Jun 21, 2013
Ted Cruz should run for President as a Republican and select Michelle Bachmann as his Vice President. It would be good for America — in a “two birds with one stone” sort of way.
kuda

Cincinnati, OH

#6 Jun 21, 2013
kuda wrote:
Ted Cruz should run for President as a Republican and select Michelle Bachmann as his Vice President. It would be good for America — in a “two birds with one stone” sort of way.
I was, of course, being sarcastic. In fact, neither Ted Cruz nor Michelle Bachmann should run for anything except the GOP's nearest exit door. It would be good for America — if these two “birds of a feather” would just go away.
Angered American

Rochester, MN

#7 Jun 21, 2013
Sen. Ted Cruz will now be attacked by the professional left.

I hope Mr. Cruz tells them all to fck off and die as he should!
Oh My

Saint Louis, MO

#8 Jun 22, 2013
kuda wrote:
<quoted text>
I was, of course, being sarcastic. In fact, neither Ted Cruz nor Michelle Bachmann should run for anything except the GOP's nearest exit door. It would be good for America — if these two “birds of a feather” would just go away.
Your opinion only!~
kuda

Cincinnati, OH

#9 Jun 22, 2013
Oh My wrote:
<quoted text>Your opinion only!~
Indeed.

I was, of course, being sarcastic. In fact, Ted Cruz should run for President as a Republican and select Michelle Bachmann as his Vice President. It would be good for America — in a “two birds of a feather with one stone” sort of way.

Or on the other hand, perhaps neither Ted Cruz nor Michelle Bachmann should run for anything except the GOP's nearest exit door. It would be good for America — if these two “birds of a feather” would just fly the coop.

Please have it your way.

Congenial kuda
Oh My

De Soto, KS

#10 Jun 22, 2013
kuda wrote:
<quoted text>
Indeed.
I was, of course, being sarcastic. In fact, Ted Cruz should run for President as a Republican and select Michelle Bachmann as his Vice President. It would be good for America — in a “two birds of a feather with one stone” sort of way.
Or on the other hand, perhaps neither Ted Cruz nor Michelle Bachmann should run for anything except the GOP's nearest exit door. It would be good for America — if these two “birds of a feather” would just fly the coop.
Please have it your way.
Congenial kuda
I will!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Senator Ted Cruz Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Gov. Martinez to incoming N.M. lawmakers: Hands... Nov 26 bill 1
News Texas may be tea party heaven, but activists ar... (Jun '15) Nov 26 daclark1911 4
News Trump picks South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley as ... Nov 25 Le Jimbo 8
News Trump Plan to Deport 11 Million Immigrants Sell... (Sep '15) Nov 22 National Review 324
News Trump picks Jeff Sessions for AG Nov 20 Cordwainer Trout 8
News Muslim Congressmen: Election Year Politics Fuel... (May '16) Nov 17 ky man 15
News Democrats could win Texas by 2024 if current tr... Nov 16 Ben Ghazi 1
More from around the web