Logan County Farmers Market receives ...

Logan County Farmers Market receives large federal grant

There are 58 comments on the Peak Of Ohio story from Sep 22, 2012, titled Logan County Farmers Market receives large federal grant. In it, Peak Of Ohio reports that:

New federal resources will help farmers expand markets and increase access to fresh, healthy, locally-grown foods in Logan County.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Peak Of Ohio.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
animal control

Sidney, OH

#1 Sep 22, 2012
watt a load-o-crapollaha'.....Baby!

farmersmarkets (and food trucks) undermine legit markets and local business, it's a shame the ubernt USDA goes givin' grants and food voucher for these things....!

How much state sales tax is generated @ these clown shows...?...wattz their property tax bill..?...how much city income taxes are these hobby farmers payin'....?...not a god dam red cent..datz wat...

go figure krogers, aldi, china-mart are paying thousands of dollars in taxs every hour 24/7 365 and the gubernt goes and gives the god dam farmers markets a freebie (courtosy of chinas loans) on the backs o amerchin' taxpayer.

go vote for indegent brandon and obamaha you 47 percenters!!!

no charge
animal control

Sidney, OH

#3 Sep 22, 2012
datz rite you 47% USDA freeloaderz...im talkin'2 ya.....Baby!

4 more years of obamaha to you!!!

you really think krogers/community markets are gonna' juss pay 50-60 thousand $$$ every year in commercial property taxes and 2-4 thousand every month to run produce coolers,

then there payroll and more overhead, and more and more $$...then you gonnaha' go buy awl ur freh produce on the cheap or with ur USDA food stamps out of the trunk of a dirt car or some shady taigator???

their gonnaha' close their produce isles so fast it aint gonnaha be funny none......Baby!

no charge
animal control

Sidney, OH

#5 Sep 22, 2012
a littl' bit-o-dirt never hurt nobody...ann never mind the bad taste and the hair in UR yoder's, U 47 percenterz....Baby!

no wonder 47 goze threw ur tiny indegent USDA supplimented town! it's named after jerry sanduskey!

no charge

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#6 Sep 22, 2012
You know, AC, I don't care what anybody says.......you are f-ing brilliant.

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#7 Sep 22, 2012
animal control wrote:
watt a load-o-crapollaha'.....Baby!
farmersmarkets (and food trucks) undermine legit markets and local business, it's a shame the ubernt USDA goes givin' grants and food voucher for these things....!
How much state sales tax is generated @ these clown shows...?...wattz their property tax bill..?...how much city income taxes are these hobby farmers payin'....?...not a god dam red cent..datz wat...
go figure krogers, aldi, china-mart are paying thousands of dollars in taxs every hour 24/7 365 and the gubernt goes and gives the god dam farmers markets a freebie (courtosy of chinas loans) on the backs o amerchin' taxpayer.
go vote for indegent brandon and obamaha you 47 percenters!!!
no charge
Wow, you're ignorant.

A seasonal business, as in a farmer's market, must pay, at minimum:

Income taxes on profits of the business, depending on their business type
Sales taxes on sales of taxable items
Self-employment taxes (social security and Medicare) for themselves as a business owner
Employment taxes, if they have employees

Location hidden

#8 Sep 22, 2012
Bama Yankee wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, you're ignorant.
A seasonal business, as in a farmer's market, must pay, at minimum:
Income taxes on profits of the business, depending on their business type
Sales taxes on sales of taxable items
Self-employment taxes (social security and Medicare) for themselves as a business owner
Employment taxes, if they have employees
Lol.....if they report the cash income.
Grandma Adams

Marengo, OH

#10 Sep 22, 2012
Food is sales tax exempt at any brick & mortar store unless you are eating in. Even yard salers and classifieds sellers are supposed to charge sales tax on taxable items -- though nobody does. I wonder how many people pay tax on those tires they order from out of state via the Internet? LOL Ohio law requires you to keep track of all foreign (non-Ohio) purchases and pay yer 6% by April 15th. What percentage of Ohions perjurize themselves each year? He he
GBA

Saint Marys, OH

#12 Sep 22, 2012
Ethel K wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol.....if they report the cash income.
My wife and I worked the Farmer's Market for a lot of years at various locations. We did not sell home grown foods as did some. Most of the vegetable vendors buy and resell rather than grow. It has gotten so expensive trying to grow your own. After fees and costs of materials and a value for you time, there is not much left for the state to collect on. The cities who try to tax end up losing vendors and then the public. Those that are large scale producers already pay their tax, but the hobbyist is barely making any money.

Location hidden

#13 Sep 22, 2012
GBA wrote:
<quoted text>
My wife and I worked the Farmer's Market for a lot of years at various locations. We did not sell home grown foods as did some. Most of the vegetable vendors buy and resell rather than grow. It has gotten so expensive trying to grow your own. After fees and costs of materials and a value for you time, there is not much left for the state to collect on. The cities who try to tax end up losing vendors and then the public. Those that are large scale producers already pay their tax, but the hobbyist is barely making any money.
So how do you feel about the $82,500 grant?

I think it is another complete waste of funds.

The farmer's market is fine the way it is....why in the world would they need this much money?

If someone can explain it, fine. I am willing to listen and be open minded, but until then, animal control makes the most sense on this subject.

Since: Aug 12

Waverly, TN

#14 Sep 22, 2012
82,000 would buy 1/10 o one bomb we could drop on kids in the middle east people. What's next saying that it's out money and it should be spent here on farms lol

Location hidden

#15 Sep 22, 2012
D0N W S0UTH wrote:
<quoted text>
okay bama hick. You are the ignorant one. You obviously do not know how they do it here. SALES TAX hahahahaha, self employment tax hahahahahahahahaha
wtf is employment tax?
So, you're saying Ohioans are crooks?

And you don't know what employment taxes are?

Google can be your friend. Educate yourself. I'm not going to do it for you. I'm just a hick, remember?

“"For where your treasure is,"”

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#16 Sep 22, 2012
Grants equal money from our taxes that we pay. I say STOP all grants except for research of medical issues.

Stupid Grants are my Bitch of the Day, sorry that is another thread.
Grandpa Jones

Bellefontaine, OH

#17 Sep 22, 2012
Will that amount be divided amongst the vendors at the Farmers Market? Everyone? Even baked goods? Jams and jellies and veggie dips? That ain't right
GBA

Saint Marys, OH

#18 Sep 22, 2012
Ethel K wrote:
<quoted text>
So how do you feel about the $82,500 grant?
I think it is another complete waste of funds.
The farmer's market is fine the way it is....why in the world would they need this much money?
If someone can explain it, fine. I am willing to listen and be open minded, but until then, animal control makes the most sense on this subject.
I guess it would depend on where the money was coming from. Most of these markets are under the Chamber, and have either volunteer or part time paid person to manage. It seems like a lot of money for that purpose. It also seems odd that the govt would promote on one hand and handicap on the other. For instance, the Health Dept will no allow the sale of so many products, such as egg needles, pickles, cream pies etc. If you want to sell fresh eggs it is $11 a day fee. You can't sell enough eggs to cover the fee.
Keep in mind all this is to protect the public. Just so you know, I researched this a number of years ago and learned that there are no recorded cases anywhere in this country of food poisoning from items purchased at a framer's market. The only cases on file are from large plants where there are full time USFDA inspectors on duty 24/7. It is absolutely maddening to try and make a buck in this over regulated country today and our dear liberal friends want to reelect a guy that thinks that there are too few regs and govt employees. This is just a sliver of our American economy; now multiply it by a 1000 fold and you begin to understand the huge problems we has facing us.
animal control

Sidney, OH

#19 Sep 22, 2012
the timing and everything considered: This is a clear-cut case of cash for votes......Baby!

Bribery is an act of implying money or gift giving that alters the behavior of the recipient.

Forms of bribery: Expectations of when a monetary transaction is appropriate can differ from place to place...

no charge
Grandma Adams

Marengo, OH

#20 Sep 22, 2012
85K would barely pay the salary, let alone the benefits of a mid-level U.S. bureaucrat. It is just a drop in the bucket to the government. It's hard to believe it would do the Logan County farmers market much good. Just window dressing at election time.
animal control

Sidney, OH

#23 Sep 22, 2012
$85K is prolli watt a part-time mayor recieves every year (when you figure awl the bennies) for his 4 hours 12 times outtaha' 52 weeks ($1777 per hour).....Baby!

no charge
animal control

Sidney, OH

#24 Sep 22, 2012
bamma yankee....Baby.....?....google a god dam amish who pays into social security.....?....then click on: Amish exemption obamaha care.....!

thin go to birmingham and learn-up on their $4.5 Billion $$$$$largest municipal bankruptcy...?....how are those fugly honda ridgeline sales doin?

no charge
animal control

Sidney, OH

#25 Sep 22, 2012

Location hidden

#26 Sep 22, 2012
D0N W S0UTH wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm saying nobody pays the taxes.
BTW- isn't alabama in the top 10 for the 47%ers?
Employment tax? You don't know what you are talking about.
The tax the employer pays is the payroll tax.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =GdqV5cm7XkAXX
Employment taxes. Argue it with the IRS.

http://www.irs.gov/Businesses/Small-Businesse...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sherrod Brown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Clinton vows to appoint trade prosecutor to fig... Jun 28 SirPrize 5
News VP Power Rankings: Kaine tops the list for Clin... May 31 kelly 1
News Support Dries Up for Renewable-Energy Tax Breaks Apr '16 Solarman 1
News VA disciplines 2 officials in Cincinnati center... Apr '16 chagrin falls 3
News Kasich far stronger than Trump against Clinton,... Mar '16 Whoop day it isth 85
News Exclusive: Upset by Warren, U.S. banks debate h... (Mar '15) Mar '16 Tololbelt 40
News Obama wins trade victory in the Senate (May '15) Mar '16 Calgary Blue Collar 12
More from around the web