Chambliss: It's all C-SPAN's fault

Chambliss: It's all C-SPAN's fault

There are 26 comments on the Politico story from Mar 30, 2012, titled Chambliss: It's all C-SPAN's fault. In it, Politico reports that:

Sen. Saxby Chambliss blamed C-SPAN Friday for the partisan rancor in the Senate, arguing the cable television network that airs congressional proceedings is leading to grandstanding rather than legislating.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Politico.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“i hope we can change this!”

Since: Aug 08

usa

#2 Mar 30, 2012
i have to disagree with saxby

first, i truly doubt there's a senator alive that needs to be LED to grandstanding...
second, c-span has a viewership to rival current tv, so, they're grandstanding for 8 people...

truth is, we owe c-span a debt of gratitude for keeping these windbags in front of their cameras and out of OUR faces!
Ex-GOP Con

San Jose, CA

#3 Mar 30, 2012
excuses excuses. the american people pay you 6 figures a year plus healthcare benefits to do your job. not come up with excuses of not doing it.

“Life is Good”

Since: Nov 08

Perpignan

#4 Mar 30, 2012
Ex-GOP Con wrote:
excuses excuses. the american people pay you 6 figures a year plus healthcare benefits to do your job. not come up with excuses of not doing it.
HURT: Brutal week for Obama

The past seven brutal days will go down as one of the worst weeks in history for a sitting president. It certainly has been, without any doubt, the worst week yet for President Obama.

Somehow, Mr. Obama managed to embarrass himself abroad, humiliate himself here at home, see his credentials for being elected so severely undermined that it raises startling questions about whether he should have been elected in the first place — let alone be re-elected later this year.

By most accounts, Mr. Obama and his stuttering lawyers were all but laughed out of the courthouse. They were even stumbling over softball questions lobbed by Mr. Obama’s own hand-picked justices.

• Mr. Obama closed his week pulling off a nearly unimaginable feat: He managed to totally and completely unify the nastily-fighting Democrats and Republicans in Congress. Late Wednesday night, they unanimously voted — 414 to zip — to reject the budget Mr. Obama had presented, leaving him not even a thin lily’s blade to hide behind.

So, in one week, Mr. Obama got caught whispering promises to our enemy, incited a race war, raised serious questions about his understanding of the Constitution, and then got smacked down over his proposed budget that was so wildly reckless that even Democrats in Congress could not support it.
Ex-GOP Con

San Jose, CA

#5 Mar 30, 2012
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>....
Ryan's budget calls for spending and no increase in tax revenue leading to more borrowing in the future reminiscent of the Bush GOP years.

“Kiss Me You Fool!”

Since: Jan 08

Atlanta via Brooklyn NY

#6 Mar 30, 2012
Saxby the repub doesn't want the repub led proceedings to be made public.

There's repub transparency for you.

Saxby realizes how many of the new State level repub voting restrictions het pushed through without alot of fanfare or public awareness.

“Kiss Me You Fool!”

Atlanta via Brooklyn NY

#7 Mar 30, 2012
Ex-GOP Con wrote:
<quoted text>
Ryan's budget calls for spending and no increase in tax revenue leading to more borrowing in the future reminiscent of the Bush GOP years.
Isn't it hilarious how his budget has no details on the cuts. Its a joke.

“Kiss Me You Fool!”

Atlanta via Brooklyn NY

#8 Mar 30, 2012
Boehner is worthless as a House Whip. He must of knew this when he gifted himself that HUGE gavel.

“Kiss Me You Fool!”

Atlanta via Brooklyn NY

#9 Mar 30, 2012
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>HURT: Brutal week for Obama
The past seven brutal days will go down as one of the worst weeks in history for a sitting president. It certainly has been, without any doubt, the worst week yet for President Obama.
Somehow, Mr. Obama managed to embarrass himself abroad, humiliate himself here at home, see his credentials for being elected so severely undermined that it raises startling questions about whether he should have been elected in the first place — let alone be re-elected later this year.
By most accounts, Mr. Obama and his stuttering lawyers were all but laughed out of the courthouse. They were even stumbling over softball questions lobbed by Mr. Obama’s own hand-picked justices.
• Mr. Obama closed his week pulling off a nearly unimaginable feat: He managed to totally and completely unify the nastily-fighting Democrats and Republicans in Congress. Late Wednesday night, they unanimously voted — 414 to zip — to reject the budget Mr. Obama had presented, leaving him not even a thin lily’s blade to hide behind.
So, in one week, Mr. Obama got caught whispering promises to our enemy, incited a race war, raised serious questions about his understanding of the Constitution, and then got smacked down over his proposed budget that was so wildly reckless that even Democrats in Congress could not support it.
Did you notice any hurt when no WMD was found, after weeks of telling America "we know where the WMD are".

Bused tried to reform Medicare/Medicaid as he campaigned, but he failed when he tried to do get it passed.

Based on Bush words, we lost 4000+ troops, borrowed billions, painted schools in Iraq, secured IRAQ BORDERS, and not one threat to the U.S. was found.

And we're still there spending and losing Americans.

How does your man Bush's legacy look? Head back in the sand sheep.

Pres. Obama has made no error that has cost American lives and billions of borrowed dollars.

But you think not getting his healthcare reform equals Bush/Repubs Iraq error.
Ex-GOP Con

United States

#10 Mar 30, 2012
OneRyder wrote:
<quoted text>
Seriously! The sooner we get rid of these Grover Norquist GOPTEA Republicans and replace them with Lincoln or even Reagan type republicans the better. I'm no fan of Palin or Romney but at least they saw the need to raise taxes in their respective states to balance the budget and reduce the deficits. These Norquist republicans are a cancer to our legislative government.

“Kiss Me You Fool!”

Atlanta via Brooklyn NY

#11 Mar 30, 2012
Ex-GOP Con wrote:
<quoted text>
Seriously! The sooner we get rid of these Grover Norquist GOPTEA Republicans and replace them with Lincoln or even Reagan type republicans the better. I'm no fan of Palin or Romney but at least they saw the need to raise taxes in their respective states to balance the budget and reduce the deficits. These Norquist republicans are a cancer to our legislative government.
I'm ok with a Reagan like repub. I'm not big fan of Reagan in general due to Contra and other issues, but we need far more moderate minds on the right.

I'm in complete agreement with you in that fact that we don't need these right wing panderers making oaths to some man about following his wishes. Thats scary.

And the race to the right has proven to destroy the GOP. The Santorums, Romneys, and Newts are making themselves look ridiculous as they try to "out-conservative" each other.

They had no choice other than to pander to social issues.

“Life is Good”

Perpignan

#13 Mar 30, 2012
Ex-GOP Con wrote:
<quoted text>
bull chit, both Reagan and
Bush prove you a liar. Go play in the sandbox.

“Life is Good”

Perpignan

#14 Mar 30, 2012
OneRyder wrote:
<quoted text>
It is even funnier that Obama's budget was voted down two years in a row, 97-0 and 419-0.....no one wants the marxist clowns programs except Media Matters and state media that is aready in the tank up to their necks in the morons fables.
Ex-GOP Con

San Jose, CA

#15 Mar 30, 2012
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>bull chit, both Reagan and
Bush prove you a liar. Go play in the sandbox.
Truth hurts huh? Who knew Denial river flowed through France.

“Life is Good”

Perpignan

#16 Mar 30, 2012
OneRyder wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm ok with a Reagan like repub. I'm not big fan of Reagan in general due to Contra and other issues, but we need far more moderate minds on the right.
I'm in complete agreement with you in that fact that we don't need these right wing panderers making oaths to some man about following his wishes. Thats scary.
And the race to the right has proven to destroy the GOP. The Santorums, Romneys, and Newts are making themselves look ridiculous as they try to "out-conservative" each other.
They had no choice other than to pander to social issues.
So when are you going to comment on gun running to drug lords in Mexico.. Want to claim Obama knew nothing about it or the death of the agent.

Since: Sep 08

Placitas, NM

#17 Mar 30, 2012
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>HURT:...
By most accounts, Mr. Obama and his stuttering lawyers were all but laughed out of the courthouse...ess could not support it.
Once again this BALD FACE LIAR shows just how Stupid is. He had to rely on the LYING BASTARDS at the RNC DISHONEST editing sound clips to LIE about reality!

"The Republican National Convention edited an audio clip of Solicitor General Donald Verrilli to make it sound like he was at a loss of words to defend the Affordable Care Act during his oral arguments to the U.S. Supreme Court.... when Bloomberg compared the ad to the actual audio recording of Verrilli’s argument before the justices, they found that it had been doctored!

Audio here: http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2012/03/29/rnc-doc...

The U.S. Su

“Life is Good”

Perpignan

#18 Mar 30, 2012
PlacitasRoy wrote:
<quoted text>Once again this BALD FACE LIAR shows just how Stupid is. He had to rely on the LYING BASTARDS at the RNC DISHONEST editing sound clips to LIE about reality!
"The Republican National Convention edited an audio clip of Solicitor General Donald Verrilli to make it sound like he was at a loss of words to defend the Affordable Care Act during his oral arguments to the U.S. Supreme Court.... when Bloomberg compared the ad to the actual audio recording of Verrilli’s argument before the justices, they found that it had been doctored!
Audio here: http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2012/03/29/rnc-doc...
The U.S. Su
Here's your sign........

More liberal succes.......just like Air America.

Current TV fires commentator Olbermann
Full story: Reuters

Television commentator Keith Olbermann has been fired by Current TV, the network's founders said on Friday, after just a year with the network.

People aren't buying your bullchit.
space alien

Fishers, IN

#19 Mar 30, 2012
carey529 wrote:
i have to disagree with saxby
first, i truly doubt there's a senator alive that needs to be LED to grandstanding...
second, c-span has a viewership to rival current tv, so, they're grandstanding for 8 people...
truth is, we owe c-span a debt of gratitude for keeping these windbags in front of their cameras and out of OUR faces!
C-Spam.com/tv ;-00000000

“Kiss Me You Fool!”

Atlanta via Brooklyn NY

#20 Mar 30, 2012
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>So when are you going to comment on gun running to drug lords in Mexico.. Want to claim Obama knew nothing about it or the death of the agent.
Blah blah. Obama is as guilty of running guns as Reagan was on giving guns to Contra Rebels which also wound up in the hands of drug runners.

Was Reagan guilty of going behind Congress's and the countries back?

Did Oliver North do this without top level approval?

Go ahead...say Reagan didn't know of a much bigger project, but you blame Pres. Obama. We can't wait for your obvious stance.

“Kiss Me You Fool!”

Atlanta via Brooklyn NY

#21 Mar 30, 2012
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>It is even funnier that Obama's budget was voted down two years in a row, 97-0 and 419-0.....no one wants the marxist clowns programs except Media Matters and state media that is aready in the tank up to their necks in the morons fables.
Yup, things worked as they should. The President suggested a budget, and the checks and balances in our gov process said they did not like the budget.

So what went wrong?

I prefer this type of government working than what we had under Bush. When no repub would ever go against the Repub President.

Its that very sheepish practice of repubs that bankrupted the country, got us into Iraq to liberate Sunni Muslims w/o having a way to pay for it, and every repub Rep faced getting kicked out in 2008 cause the country was tired of going the repub path.

Not even McCain wanted to be associate with Bush, yet during the Bush years Repubs blindly said YES to everything repub President asked for.

If you ask me, I like seeing my Dem reps voting against a Dem Pres, than that "team player" crap Santorum talks about when he votes against his principles because repubs don't like going against the repub powers that be.

Last example.....every repub is now running againgst Fed involvement in our schools. Even you sing these praises...yet you same reich wingers sang the praises of the very intrusive Bush "No Child Left Behind" FEDERAL REQUIREMENTS FOR OUR LOCAL SCHOOLS.

Remember that?

I bet you sheepishly loved the idea,like every repub Rep who voted "YES". How many of those would vote "YES" if it was Dem idea today?

Give it a rest. You should be happy a Dem Pres face a lack of support from Dem Reps, even if it made the Dem "Team" look bad.

That great government. Far better than the sheepish actions repubs demand from repubs. Otherwise you have Rick Santorum voting against his principles...cause he saw it was more important to be a team player.

Nuff said, and I hope you read it, frenchman, Le Jimbo.

“Kiss Me You Fool!”

Atlanta via Brooklyn NY

#22 Mar 30, 2012
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>It is even funnier that Obama's budget was voted down two years in a row, 97-0 and 419-0.....no one wants the marxist clowns programs except Media Matters and state media that is aready in the tank up to their necks in the morons fables.
Sorry, but I still find this post amazing.

clueless....this is how you want your gov to work. I can't believe you complain about dems voting down a dem Pres plan, if those dems don't like it.

All repubs voted for No Child left behind, not repubs campaign against Fed intrusion into our local schools.

Maybe, just maybe, repubs should have voted against a plan they didn't like, instead of being "team players".

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Saxby Chambliss Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News White House first discussed Bergdahl prisoner e... (Jun '14) Mar '15 barefoot2626 94
News Threat To Bergdahl Led To US Action, Officials Say (Jun '14) Mar '15 Dubya Tee Eff 33
News What qualifies Michelle Nunn to be Georgia's US... (Oct '14) Oct '14 Sam in Ellijay 1
News The 2014 election might stretch into 2015, than... (Oct '14) Oct '14 Marine Corp Pat 6
News Perdue the better choice for Georgia in Washington (Oct '14) Oct '14 bottlecap 1
News 5 things to know about possible Senate uncertainty (Sep '14) Sep '14 Mothra 3
News Fact check: Perdue distorts Nunn campaign memoF... (Sep '14) Sep '14 Le Jimbo 7
More from around the web