Georgia: Chambliss and Norquist Fight Over Tax Pledge

Nov 26, 2012 Full story: Roll Call 226

Republican Sen. Saxby Chambliss, who faces a likely primary challenge in 2014, said last week he could abandon the Grover Norquist-backed Taxpayer Protection Pledge he signed if it meant moving the country forward.

Full Story
First Prev
of 12
Next Last

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#232 Dec 14, 2012
Cary L Nickel wrote:
Yet MORE data for liberals to ignore that proves illiteracy is on the rise
Yet... still no quotes, even speculation, that illiteracy is *increasing*.

Literacy in the US - compared to other countries, using the same standard- is 99 percent.

Which is UP from 95 percent in 2000.

You do understand that 99 is a larger number than 99?

Putting aside: has absolutely NOTHING to do with the Department of Education.

Location hidden

#233 Dec 14, 2012
95 larger than 99...

Location hidden

#234 Dec 14, 2012
Cary L Nickel wrote:
Modern liberals only acknowledge the problems in American education
You will find most Americans want better funding for education and most liberals want more funding than tea baggers.
Eric Gustafson

Newport News, VA

#235 Dec 15, 2012
Obstruction agenda by the Republicans, 51 Filibusters derailed any initiatives of the Democrats beginning in Jan 2010.
Cary L Nickel wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting that you pick the year 2009. That was President Obama's first year in office, and he had a solid Democrat majority in both the Senate and the House.
"Hope and Change" was in full effect. The TEA Party revolution didn't occur until 2010.
So whey didn't those Democrats do anything about all those corporate tax returns when they had the power in both the Presidency and the congress?
You know why: Democrats are more "in the bag" for corporate America than Republicans ever were. Democrats just lie more, to fool voters into thinking they are the party of the "little guy".
Regardless, you leftists still pretend a partial refund of taxes paid is some sort of "handout". That is a lie as well.
Handouts are entirely free goodies Democrats "pay" to particular voting blocs, which do little to nothing to pay for them, in order to buy their votes. Children are now taught from a young age, by the leftist public school system, to accept those handouts as something deserved. And those handouts worked well to garner Barack Obama a slim 3 percent lead in his reelection bid.
At the same time, you lie even more by blaming the TEA Party for something it had nothing to do with back in 2009, when the TEA Party had no political power whatsoever.
So don't even try your class warfare bullshite with me. I haven't bought that load of crap from people like you for over three decades.
The lying liberal left is working overtime to destroy this Constitutional Republic. You know it, and I know it.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#236 Dec 15, 2012
Eric Gustafson wrote:
Obstruction agenda by the Republicans, 51 Filibusters derailed any initiatives of the Democrats beginning in Jan 2010.
<quoted text>
I don't care about 2010. We were talking about 2009. What did the Democrats do in 2009 to solve corporate tax code issues?

Nothing.

Because when it comes to their supposed support of the "little guy", and fight against corporate America, Democrats are full of crap.
Eric Gustafson

Newport News, VA

#237 Dec 17, 2012
There is no fight against corporations, that is a created myth. Large Corporations don't mind paying the Clinton tax rates. The Clinton years were some of the most successful in the History of America. Large Corporations, properly run; did well during the Bush Collapse. 25% of the Major Corporations don't pay taxes. You don't hear Major American Corporations complaining about the pending tax increase.

In 2009, the Democrats were reforming Health Care. The cost of Health Care is crippling American companies, big and small. Health Care cost could not be controlled. Something had to be done to bring cost to a point of some degree of control. Foreign companies in the global market don't have employee Health Care cost.
Cary L Nickel wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't care about 2010. We were talking about 2009. What did the Democrats do in 2009 to solve corporate tax code issues?
Nothing.
Because when it comes to their supposed support of the "little guy", and fight against corporate America, Democrats are full of crap.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 12
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Saxby Chambliss Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What qualifies Michelle Nunn to be Georgia's US... Oct '14 Sam in Ellijay 1
The 2014 election might stretch into 2015, than... Oct '14 Marine Corp Pat 6
Perdue the better choice for Georgia in Washington Oct '14 bottlecap 1
5 things to know about possible Senate uncertainty Sep '14 Mothra 3
Fact check: Perdue distorts Nunn campaign memoF... Sep '14 Le Jimbo 8
GA-Sen/Gov: AJC Poll Gives Perdue (R) A Small L... Sep '14 deepnu 1
Bill Clinton To Attend Fundraiser For Michelle ... Sep '14 DC Cop 3
More from around the web