Animal Welfare Activist Promoted to T...

Animal Welfare Activist Promoted to Top White House Post

There are 72 comments on the Western Livestock Journal story from Sep 10, 2009, titled Animal Welfare Activist Promoted to Top White House Post. In it, Western Livestock Journal reports that:

The Senate voted 57-40 this afternoon to confirm Cass Sunstein as the new Administrator of the Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs .

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Western Livestock Journal.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Eddie

Cleveland, OH

#62 Oct 1, 2009
Diamond Dogs wrote:
<quoted text>If you are not OPEN to any thoughts but your own, why would anyone answer you. I just wish the NRA, ARA would work with the animal welfare instead of black politicans PRETENDING to care when they really don't about animals.
I will say this. i got the impression that Sunstein was a poser.I can't see his animal welfare as sincere.

“Game - Tasty and Renewable”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#63 Oct 2, 2009
Diamond Dogs wrote:
<quoted text>If you are not OPEN to any thoughts but your own, why would anyone answer you. I just wish the NRA, ARA would work with the animal welfare instead of black politicans PRETENDING to care when they really don't about animals.
I am quite "OPEN" to new ideas. Unfortunately, nobody has come up with any that work. Why don't you take a shot (pun intended) at asnwering my questions?
Diamond Dogs

United States

#64 Oct 2, 2009
Get em all wrote:
<quoted text>
I am quite "OPEN" to new ideas. Unfortunately, nobody has come up with any that work. Why don't you take a shot (pun intended) at asnwering my questions?
I ,personally got "worn out"STS on this forum early on arguing the opposition. Maybe someone with more patience with argue with you. Until then, I will continue to vote in the direction of more animal empathy and more protection of our animals, and eating a vegan diet.

“Game - Tasty and Renewable”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#65 Oct 2, 2009
Diamond Dogs wrote:
<quoted text>I ,personally got "worn out"STS on this forum early on arguing the opposition. Maybe someone with more patience with argue with you. Until then, I will continue to vote in the direction of more animal empathy and more protection of our animals, and eating a vegan diet.
To the best of my knowledge, we have never argued, nor have we spoken.

By all means, vote as you will, and eat as you will. That's what makes America great. We are able to do those things.

It's just when others try to force their will and/or way of life on others that I take offense.

Have a great weeekend.
Dan 874

Atlanta, GA

#66 Oct 3, 2009
Diamond Dogs wrote:
<quoted text>I ,personally got "worn out"STS on this forum early on arguing the opposition. Maybe someone with more patience with argue with you. Until then, I will continue to vote in the direction of more animal empathy and more protection of our animals, and eating a vegan diet.
It is my experience that the hunters only see their side and when you don't agree with them, it is YOU that is wrong not them. i marched for farm animals today. Great people!

“I'm a humane bowhunter”

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#67 Oct 4, 2009
Dan 874 wrote:
<quoted text>It is my experience that the hunters only see their side and when you don't agree with them, it is YOU that is wrong not them. i marched for farm animals today. Great people!
I certainly see your side, that's why I oppose the ARA movement. We don't have to agree. There is nothing wrong with that. There may be some points we agree on and some we don't. But, what's right for YOU may not be right for me.

When you sit back and look at the ARA movement it's quite clear that these folks are the one's pushing their agenda. I know of no hunter trying to force their ways on ARA's. Every hunter I know respects YOUR choices for YOU. Do you accept and respect my diet for me?
Rick

Columbus, OH

#68 Oct 4, 2009
Dan 874 wrote:
<quoted text>It is my experience that the hunters only see their side and when you don't agree with them, it is YOU that is wrong not them. i marched for farm animals today. Great people!
It's too bad their "diet"means murder

“Game - Tasty and Renewable”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#69 Oct 4, 2009
Rick wrote:
<quoted text>It's too bad their "diet"means murder
Can't be.

Main Entry: 1mur·der
Pronunciation:\&#712;m &#601;r-d&#601;r\
Function: noun
Etymology: partly from Middle English murther, from Old English morthor; partly from Middle English murdre, from Anglo-French, of Germanic origin; akin to Old English morthor; akin to Old High German mord murder, Latin mort-, mors death, mori to die, mortuus dead, Greek brotos mortal
Date: before 12th century
1 : the crime of unlawfully killing a person especially with malice aforethought
2 a : something very difficult or dangerous <the traffic was murder> b : something outrageous or blameworthy <getting away with murder>

“Game - Tasty and Renewable”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#70 Oct 4, 2009
Rick wrote:
<quoted text>It's too bad their "diet"means murder
Hey, Rick. I've asked you these questions before, but you didn't answer them. Why is that?

1. What do you propose as a cost-effective, viable, non-lethal method of wild animal population control?

2. How do you propose to reduce the amount of wild animal deaths that occur during the harvesting of grains and vegetables by combines and other harvesting equipment?

3. Since AR groups seem to desire to have everyone convert to veganism, how do you propose to feed 100% of the world's population, while maintaining the status of questions 1 and 2?
Dean

Kansas City, MO

#71 Oct 5, 2009
Rick wrote:
<quoted text>It's too bad their "diet"means murder
I'm glad I don't contribute to animal murder. My 14 year old was humanely euthanized Fri(cancer). He was a member of my famiy the same as my other children. If someone killed them, it would be murder. and I would be in jail.
newanarchy

United States

#72 Oct 5, 2009
Rick wrote:
<quoted text>It's too bad their "diet"means murder
Sorry dude, with comments like that you just sound silly.
For Pets sake

Detroit, MI

#73 Oct 5, 2009
Dean wrote:
<quoted text>I'm glad I don't contribute to animal murder. My 14 year old was humanely euthanized Fri(cancer). He was a member of my famiy the same as my other children. If someone killed them, it would be murder. and I would be in jail.
God, i'm sorry

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Saxby Chambliss Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Tea Party Whisperer Pleads Guilty to Making Fal... (Sep '15) Oct '15 LeDuped 14
News White House first discussed Bergdahl prisoner e... (Jun '14) Mar '15 barefoot2626 94
News Threat To Bergdahl Led To US Action, Officials Say (Jun '14) Mar '15 Dubya Tee Eff 33
News What qualifies Michelle Nunn to be Georgia's US... (Oct '14) Oct '14 Sam in Ellijay 1
News The 2014 election might stretch into 2015, than... (Oct '14) Oct '14 Marine Corp Pat 6
News Perdue the better choice for Georgia in Washington (Oct '14) Oct '14 bottlecap 1
News 5 things to know about possible Senate uncertainty (Sep '14) Sep '14 Mothra 3
More from around the web