Race, attacks expected in Atlanta mayor runoff

There are 8 comments on the Rome News - Tribune story from Nov 5, 2009, titled Race, attacks expected in Atlanta mayor runoff. In it, Rome News - Tribune reports that:

If history is any guide, the runoff for mayor in Atlanta will be an expensive, bare-knuckles brawl that could lay bare racial divisions in the city that served as the cradle of the civil rights movement.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Rome News - Tribune.

Bill Campbell in stripes

United States

#1 Nov 5, 2009
Atlanta has had 4 racist mayors in a row. One went to prison and another one should have. All of them had children arrested while in office. Atlanta is ready for a change.

“The Constitution Rocks !!”

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

#2 Nov 6, 2009
We have an opportunity to hire someone to be mayor that will change Atlanta's direction. Mr Reed was a Senator. He was vetted by a Senate Panel. This means no skeletons in his closet. He held a seat with national power. This means he will have connections to bring Atlanta to a national stage. I think Norwood would do a good job. But Mr Reed could benefit Atlanta like none before.
Grob Hahn

Duluth, GA

#3 Nov 6, 2009
MOST of the racism will be directed at Norwood by black people. Nobody will call it racism, but that's what it will be.
Grobbbbbbbbbbb

“The Constitution Rocks !!”

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

#4 Nov 6, 2009
Grob Hahn wrote:
MOST of the racism will be directed at Norwood by black people. Nobody will call it racism, but that's what it will be.
Grobbbbbbbbbbb
Grob
I won't get involved in the race thing. I just don't care. My support is targeted towards Mr Reed because of what I believe he will do that Norwood cannot. Nothing wrong with Norwood at all. Its just a business decision. I know that Atlanta will be spotlighted with an ex senator in office. That will pull jobs this way. I don't care if he's purple ,green ,or pink. Just my thoughts.
Innaly

AOL

#5 Nov 6, 2009
Black voice and skin!!!
Glasnos

Orlando, FL

#6 Nov 6, 2009
Black racism ... and nothing is done about it.
Black ptofessors called for blacks to get behind one of the black candidates, so the white candidate could be defeated. Nothing mentioned about qualifications ... pure call to racism ... and these professors have paid no price ... they still teach their racism in college.
Clarence

Saint Cloud, FL

#7 Nov 7, 2009
Atlanta is nothing more then a chimp crime hole!
Sherman needs to ride through again and this time get the right people!
lighteredknot

Nashville, GA

#8 Nov 7, 2009
Glasnos wrote:
Black racism ... and nothing is done about it.
Black ptofessors called for blacks to get behind one of the black candidates, so the white candidate could be defeated. Nothing mentioned about qualifications ... pure call to racism ... and these professors have paid no price ... they still teach their racism in college.
I would like for all of you to think about what would have happened if a white college professor had called for the whites to ralley around a white candidate. Don't even think about trying to say racism is not formost in most blacks when they allow the above to happen without demanding the dismissal of the racist professor.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Saxby Chambliss Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News White House first discussed Bergdahl prisoner e... (Jun '14) Mar '15 barefoot2626 94
News Threat To Bergdahl Led To US Action, Officials Say (Jun '14) Mar '15 Dubya Tee Eff 33
News What qualifies Michelle Nunn to be Georgia's US... (Oct '14) Oct '14 Sam in Ellijay 1
News The 2014 election might stretch into 2015, than... (Oct '14) Oct '14 Marine Corp Pat 6
News Perdue the better choice for Georgia in Washington (Oct '14) Oct '14 bottlecap 1
News 5 things to know about possible Senate uncertainty (Sep '14) Sep '14 Mothra 3
News Fact check: Perdue distorts Nunn campaign memoF... (Sep '14) Sep '14 Le Jimbo 7
More from around the web