Disparaging tweet about Gov. Sam Brownback lands Kansas teen in principal's office

Nov 23, 2011 Full story: The Wichita Eagle

A Kansas teenager is in trouble after mocking Gov. Sam Brownback during a mock legislative assembly for high school students.

Full Story
Janeen Axtell

Andover, KS

#1 Nov 24, 2011
I am very sad to see that Governor Brownback is wasting our tax dollars attacking the rights of a high school student! I feel like this is nothing but bullying and an abuse of power!
joker

United States

#2 Nov 24, 2011
So the office of the governor called the principals office to tattle on a highschooler? Classic! Governor-"mrs crabapple suzy called me a name" effing classic!
Just Me

Frankfort, KY

#3 Nov 27, 2011
Two comments.. intersting. This teenager spoke her truth to power - even if she didn't do it to the man's face (a measure of courage I hope she achieves sooner rather than later) and the governor of the state took the time and resources to have her censured? Is Kansas really doing that well that it's taxpayer dollars can be wasted on the governor's public relations beat down? Really?
Citizen

Kittanning, PA

#4 Nov 28, 2011
All glory to the King. Get a copy of the U.S. Constitution a must read for all high school students. I don't know if you suck, but I do wonder why a comment made by a high school teenager made you so mad that you tried to do an end run around her civil rights. I have nothing against you but more and more of your ilk thinks that they have the right to call people names and that the people can not fire back at you. You are a servant get over yourself. The general public is not a bunch of goof balls. If you do not suck then she got her laugh at her expense and not yours. Imagine how many like such comments are being made every day about you and other politicians out of the public light. Your office is to blame because they do not comprehend that with new technology comes more responsiblity. Since she was a high school student they should have just ignored her. People in your position should become aware that as technology grows you will recieve more and more of these remarks, and you should keep in mind that under our laws it is the right of the citizens to speak their minds. Your staffs demand for an apology is a direct abuse of your office. It would be the schools responsibility to punish her, but even they can not order her to apologize. This seems more like a case for after school detention for a day. And the detention would not be for her comment, but for being disruptive at a school function.
John Deere

Hopkinsville, KY

#6 Jun 24, 2012
Oh well.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sam Brownback Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
3 states deny gay unions despite appellate rulings 8 min Xstain Mullah Fra... 11
Kansas governor, challenger discuss gay marriage Tue WeTheSheeple 14
Who do you favor in the Kansas governor's race? Oct 19 Jeff Locke 300
Paul Davis camp upset by ad in Kansas governora... Oct 13 Dont_Look_At_Me 4
Kansas police chief: Dem candidate for gov was ... Oct 13 Ibbertson 11
Voodoo economics in Kansas...and Arkansas Oct 12 ACE MILNER 5
Gay Marriage in Kansas Throws Political Twist Oct 11 allTSfemale 5

Sam Brownback People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE