Kansas lawmakers pass anti-Islamic la...

Kansas lawmakers pass anti-Islamic law measure

There are 15 comments on the SanLuisObispo.com story from May 11, 2012, titled Kansas lawmakers pass anti-Islamic law measure. In it, SanLuisObispo.com reports that:

A bill designed to prevent Kansas courts or government agencies from making decisions based on Islamic or other foreign legal codes has cleared the state Legislature after a contentious debate about whether the measure upholds American values or appeals to prejudice against Muslims.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at SanLuisObispo.com.

Helen

Kansas City, MO

#1 May 13, 2012
Excellent!
Right On

Omaha, NE

#2 May 15, 2012
Excellent!

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#3 May 15, 2012
Apparantly, the people and legislators of kansas have not heard of the US constitution, which would prevent this anyway.
Thoughts

Kansas City, MO

#4 May 15, 2012
woodtick57 wrote:
Apparantly, the people and legislators of kansas have not heard of the US constitution, which would prevent this anyway.
I don't remember which state or court, however, the Judge ruled Islamic law may be heard when applicable. I'm happy Kansas did this.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#5 May 15, 2012
Thoughts wrote:
<quoted text>I don't remember which state or court, however, the Judge ruled Islamic law may be heard when applicable. I'm happy Kansas did this.
Because one judged slipped up with his duty, which is easy to overturn is a reason to make this law? Where is the law that no christian law should be used? Buddhist? Australian aboriginal law? man, is there legislature going to be busy...They probably wont even have time to picket veteran's funerals anymore....

“Jesus is coming again!”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#6 May 15, 2012
Totally unchristian. All souls belong to Christ who paid the price with his life. All people need the law of God abiding in their hearts.

Acts 10:34 Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons:

bibleuniverse
Patriot AKA Bozo

Wichita, KS

#8 May 25, 2012
woodtick57 wrote:
Just political posturing. Another meaningless law to stroke the base.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#9 May 25, 2012
QUOTE=Wichita Eagle: "Kansas voter-citizenship plan dead"

Secretary of State Kris Kobach conceded Thursday that Kansas won't require first-time voters to provide proof of their U.S. citizenship ahead of this year's elections because the Senate's top leader effectively killed the proposal." :END QUOTE

Read more here: http://www.kansas.com/2012/05/10/2330821/koba...

QUOTE=Wichita Eagle: "Kansas House defeats immigrant tuition repeal"
The Kansas House has rejected an effort to repeal a 2004 law allowing some illegal immigrants to pay in-state tuition at public colleges and universities." :END QUOTE

Read more here: http://www.kansas.com/2012/05/10/2330437/kans...

QUOTE=Wichita Eagle: "Kansas House pushes through tax-cut plan, sidelines compromise bill"

Gov. Sam Brownback said he’s ready to sign a major tax-cut plan that is projected to plunge the state’s budget into a $270 million deficit in 2014 and cascade to a $2 billion hole within a few years." :END QUOTE

Read more here: http://www.kansas.com/2012/05/09/2329369/kans...

QUOTE=Wichita Eagle: "Bill passed by Kansas House makes abortion a tax issue"

The measure is patterned after a similar bill pending in Congress.
The Kansas bill, approved on an 88-31 vote, would prohibit taxpayers from deducting money spent on an abortion or for supplemental health insurance to cover the procedure.

It would bar employers from deducting any money they contribute to a health plan for supplemental insurance coverage of an abortion. It also would ban corporations from taking a tax credit from contributions they make to Planned Parenthood, which provides abortion services in Kansas.

The bill also would apply sales taxes to any drugs used to perform or induce an abortion." :END QUOTE

Read more here: http://www.kansas.com/2012/05/07/2327061/bill...

QUOTE=KansasCityStar: "Kansas is the only state in which legislators failed to produce a congressional redistricting plan, according to the National Conference of State Legislatures." :END QUOTE

Read more here: http://www.kansas.com/2012/05/21/2343211/cour...

Yet they had the time and inclination to pass an anti-Sharia law amendment and all of these other pieces of "fluff" (in my opinion) legislation...

Priceless ~
Upland White Power

Temple City, CA

#10 May 25, 2012
The aryan nation is taking back the USA. We need to oppress the Muslims. We cannot allow them to teach our kids lies... we need to ensure that our children only believe our lies.
White power!!!
NotJustAnyCountr y

United States

#11 May 26, 2012
I've got news for you: If you want to come to this country legally and go through the proper channels to do so, so be it...but you will not impose the laws upon your country or religion onto the courts of this great nation, and if that is what you're looking to do, you don't really need to do anything, it is WE who need to get you the f**k out. This law is GREAT. It is, I believe, the FIFTH of its kind that has been passed, and we need 45 more of them. Good luck, Michigan!
leila

Boisbriand, Canada

#12 May 26, 2012
islam it the religion of billions of people who have the right to worship as christians and jews
Bringmedinner

San Jose, CA

#13 May 26, 2012
What's the deal? Muslim men imposing Sharia Law in our Courts is not a big deal. More women need to be beaten, kept in bags and stoned to death, especially wayward daughters wanting to be members of "Sluts are Us."

“a smile for my friends”

Since: Jul 07

rochester, n. y.

#14 May 26, 2012
leila wrote:
islam it the religion of billions of people who have the right to worship as christians and jews
The right to worship yes
The right to impose Islamic laws in this country, no.
Thinking It Through-

Girard, KS

#15 May 31, 2012
leila wrote:
Well, actual topic isn't about anti-Islam - the topic is anti-Sharia.

Regardless of how the headline is misrepresented here, apparently by some no longer existing website (Broken Link).

Perhaps you didn't know there is a difference?

That's OK, many don't - Even quite a few Islamic people apparently.

“a smile for my friends”

Since: Jul 07

rochester, n. y.

#16 May 31, 2012
Signs of the Times wrote:
Totally unchristian. All souls belong to Christ who paid the price with his life. All people need the law of God abiding in their hearts.
Acts 10:34 Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons:
bibleuniverse
the devout folloers of all the non christian religions would beg to differ with you, I am sure.

anyways, we are talking about the laws of man here. when you get to God's kingdom then God can write the laws. Here they come from the United States Govornment.
amen

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sam Brownback Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Can mentally ill wait? Sun netruthteller 4
News Kansas opens state workers' health plan to same... Jul 10 Wondering 10
News Kansas governor's order shields clergy on same-... Jul 9 WasteWater 13
News Food sales tax adds up Jul '15 John Stohler 1
News No charges after federal probe into Kansas elec... Jun '15 Your Ex 20
News No charges after federal probe into Kansas elec... Jun '15 Le Jimbo 1
News Kansas tax cuts on trial amid huge budget deficit (Jan '15) Jun '15 Former Kansas Wil... 8
More from around the web