Party enters Tupelo mayor's race

Party enters Tupelo mayor's race

There are 4 comments on the Newms360.com story from Apr 13, 2013, titled Party enters Tupelo mayor's race. In it, Newms360.com reports that:

Just before they enjoyed a catfish dinner at a recent campaign fundraiser, Republican mayoral candidate Fred Pitts dropped the "L" word on his opponent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newms360.com.

Ms Fawn

Tupelo, MS

#1 Apr 13, 2013
“Do you want a liberal on your school board?”

Pitts could not be more of a liberal who voted that the city is providing swimming pools and buying propriety. The city takes federal money and it has attached federal rules such as standardized testing.Ptts was in the middle of all the liberal plays. Then he tells us the city counsel can not do anything about the school board. Two faced is what I see.
yepyep

Saltillo, MS

#2 Apr 16, 2013
I woul dnever vote for a person that starts throwing party jargon around right off. First of all in MS we normally do not pay attention to party affiliation when voting for locals. Pitts was on the city council and anyone can just look at their messes the last few years and know to stay away from him
Rod Knox

Tupelo, MS

#3 Apr 16, 2013
Fred Pitts has made himself a lap dog for Tupelo's banker clique. Wake up folks. We are working and struggling to get by while a few run this city to their advantage. Just look at the names on boards of directors of CDF, Create, the Daily Journal, NMHS, and various appointed city and county boards. A small group of people run the city with Fred Pitts rubber stamping whatever they hand him. They call themselves Republicans. In reality they are Tupelo's Corleone Family.
Ms Fawn

Tupelo, MS

#4 Apr 16, 2013
Rod Knox wrote:
Fred Pitts has made himself a lap dog for Tupelo's banker clique. Wake up folks. We are working and struggling to get by while a few run this city to their advantage. Just look at the names on boards of directors of CDF, Create, the Daily Journal, NMHS, and various appointed city and county boards. A small group of people run the city with Fred Pitts rubber stamping whatever they hand him. They call themselves Republicans. In reality they are Tupelo's Corleone Family.
Very True but no one is brave enough to stand up to them. They own the law in Tupelo and will cream anyone in their way.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Senator Roger Wicker Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Our Opinion: Fate of Arc impacts communities ac... Apr '17 Growing Pains 5
News CVB exhibit honors Lane Chapel Quintet Apr '17 CVB 3
News Travels keep members of Congress out of state Mar '17 Rod Knox 12
News National, local leaders stand by Trump at rally (Oct '16) Oct '16 Together No Way 26
News Lisa Murkowski Cruises to Primary Victory (Aug '16) Aug '16 He Named Me Black... 2
News Flag issue no show at Neshoba County Fair (Jul '16) Aug '16 No Shows 13
News Amtrak passenger service on track for rail serv... (Mar '16) Jul '16 LITXONE 3
More from around the web