Cuts for military retirees costs GOP ...

Cuts for military retirees costs GOP support for budget deal

There are 73 comments on the The Washington Post story from Dec 16, 2013, titled Cuts for military retirees costs GOP support for budget deal. In it, The Washington Post reports that:

Three Senate Republicans have spoken out against the bipartisan budget deal that the House approved last week because of concerns about spending cuts that would affect working-age military retirees.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Washington Post.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

#65 Dec 20, 2013
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure moron, that's why the majority of the military vote Republican. Jeeeebeeebus you better stick your head back up your arse, you think better.
Yes, It appears the military wants defined contribution retirement plans instead of defined benefit. That is what tea party darling Grover Norquist wants to do. http://www.theamericanconservative.com/articl... . So, like lots of the working poor (and disabled) whites in the south, the military votes against their own best interest and then gets pissed when they get hurt.

Since: Feb 08

Hypoluxo Fl

#67 Dec 21, 2013
WelbyMD wrote:
<quoted text>I am expecting Room 101 with a rat-cage to the face. I hate Big Brother Kenyan-born gay Moslem Obama the Antichrist.
Birther nut mental defective. Expect your Thorazine to be paid by Obamacare.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#68 Dec 21, 2013
bud_schmones wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, It appears the military wants defined contribution retirement plans instead of defined benefit. That is what tea party darling Grover Norquist wants to do. http://www.theamericanconservative.com/articl... . So, like lots of the working poor (and disabled) whites in the south, the military votes against their own best interest and then gets pissed when they get hurt.
I am surprised that no one has ever suggesting that Grover Norquist, his tax pledge and his threats to campaign againest anyone not agreeing.....as a treasonous attempt to subvert power, by coersion from the U.S. Congress.....and by an unelected and outside source?.....

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#70 Dec 21, 2013
try this....JOB OPENINGS REACH THE HIGHEST LEVEL IN THE LAST 5 YEARS.......Being anti-American worker is hateful......

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

#71 Dec 21, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text> I am surprised that no one has ever suggesting that Grover Norquist, his tax pledge and his threats to campaign againest anyone not agreeing.....as a treasonous attempt to subvert power, by coersion from the U.S. Congress.....and by an unelected and outside source?.....
Unfortunately, this is a case of the tail wagging the dog. A lot of Norquist supporters do not seem to realize that you have to pay for things. When Reagan cut the taxes back in the 80's he did so by passing the costs along to the states. Middle class taxpayers ended up paying a far larger share of taxes after Reagan before because of the increase in state and local taxes to make up for the federal cuts. Companies, of course, pay a much smaller share. Corporate taxes should be simple. If you do business in or with the United States, you need to pay taxes. It is that simple. If you offshore operations, you need to pay taxes on those people, too. The corporations have to pay for their impact on the US. They use the infrastructure. They use the protection of US forces and laws. There is a cost to that and they need to pay it. A lot of people agree with me. That is why Obama was reelected in 2012 despite severe Republican efforts to make him a one term president.

Since: Feb 08

Hypoluxo Fl

#72 Dec 22, 2013
WelbyMD wrote:
<quoted text>Better "anti-Obama" than Antichrist which is exactly what Kenyan-born gay Moslem Obama is.
Your Thorazine is now being delevered, Birther nut mental defective.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#73 Dec 22, 2013
bud_schmones wrote:
<quoted text>
Unfortunately, this is a case of the tail wagging the dog. A lot of Norquist supporters do not seem to realize that you have to pay for things. When Reagan cut the taxes back in the 80's he did so by passing the costs along to the states. Middle class taxpayers ended up paying a far larger share of taxes after Reagan before because of the increase in state and local taxes to make up for the federal cuts. Companies, of course, pay a much smaller share. Corporate taxes should be simple. If you do business in or with the United States, you need to pay taxes. It is that simple. If you offshore operations, you need to pay taxes on those people, too. The corporations have to pay for their impact on the US. They use the infrastructure. They use the protection of US forces and laws. There is a cost to that and they need to pay it. A lot of people agree with me. That is why Obama was reelected in 2012 despite severe Republican efforts to make him a one term president.
My point is still the legality of an outside, taxation contract......signed by locally elected House and Senate members, limiting what tax legislation can and cannot be presented......i understand the attraction, just not the exclusionary aspect......it seem's somehow to directly conflict with the ethics of the legislative process......in the 113th Congress, the most unproductive ever.....

“Hillary, thirty years of lying”

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#74 Dec 22, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
try this....JOB OPENINGS REACH THE HIGHEST LEVEL IN THE LAST 5 YEARS.......Being anti-American worker is hateful......
try this, under employment 13.5%.........

“Hillary, thirty years of lying”

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#75 Dec 22, 2013
bud_schmones wrote:
<quoted text>
Unfortunately, this is a case of the tail wagging the dog. A lot of Norquist supporters do not seem to realize that you have to pay for things. When Reagan cut the taxes back in the 80's he did so by passing the costs along to the states. Middle class taxpayers ended up paying a far larger share of taxes after Reagan before because of the increase in state and local taxes to make up for the federal cuts. Companies, of course, pay a much smaller share. Corporate taxes should be simple. If you do business in or with the United States, you need to pay taxes. It is that simple. If you offshore operations, you need to pay taxes on those people, too. The corporations have to pay for their impact on the US. They use the infrastructure. They use the protection of US forces and laws. There is a cost to that and they need to pay it. A lot of people agree with me. That is why Obama was reelected in 2012 despite severe Republican efforts to make him a one term president.
Is it cold in la la land......
conservative crapola

“Hicksville Hootenanny”

Since: Sep 13

Kornfield Kounty

#77 Dec 22, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
try this....JOB OPENINGS REACH THE HIGHEST LEVEL IN THE LAST 5 YEARS.......Being anti-American worker is hateful......
As raygun said when unemployment was 7%, under the same conditions,'it's morning in America'. teahadist can't stand it, so makes up numbers. LMAO.

“Kenyan-born Obama=Antichrist”

Since: Sep 09

Casper, WY

#79 Dec 22, 2013
bud_schmones wrote:
<quoted text>
Unfortunately, this is a case of the tail wagging the dog. A lot of Norquist supporters do not seem to realize that you have to pay for things. When Reagan cut the taxes back in the 80's he did so by passing the costs along to the states. Middle class taxpayers ended up paying a far larger share of taxes after Reagan before because of the increase in state and local taxes to make up for the federal cuts. Companies, of course, pay a much smaller share. Corporate taxes should be simple. If you do business in or with the United States, you need to pay taxes. It is that simple. If you offshore operations, you need to pay taxes on those people, too. The corporations have to pay for their impact on the US. They use the infrastructure. They use the protection of US forces and laws. There is a cost to that and they need to pay it. A lot of people agree with me. That is why Obama was reelected in 2012 despite severe Republican efforts to make him a one term president.
The state-level is where most gov't spending should be at and where it should be controlled except in the case of public education where it should be controlled entirely by the school-boards. Off the feds!
conservative crapola

“Hicksville Hootenanny”

Since: Sep 13

Kornfield Kounty

#80 Dec 22, 2013
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>
cross-posted, off-topic dumbospam, flagged.
LBJ WHO

Jeannette, PA

#81 Dec 22, 2013
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>LBJ's Great Society: 40 Years Later
1964 was a very busy year for Lyndon Johnson. First he rammed through Congress the Tonkin Gulf Resolution, giving him war powers in Vietnam. Next he signed into Law the now famous or infamous, depending on ones political slant, Civil Rights Act. He called

bad as his failure in Vietnam proved to be, the results of his Great Society Programs were far more insidious, deadly and injurious to our Nation's psyche. The mammoth social welfare entitlement programs that streamed out of Washington did more damage to the fabric of our society than any number of Vietnams could have done. The irony is, that the segment of our society that it meant to help, was the one that was most grievously harmed. Of all those who fell victim to the welfare mentality, none suffered more than the black communities.
LE JIMBO ,YOU GOT IT.....I AGREE,

PERFECT ...... 55,000 DEAD AND a road to PULIKAVILLE for the country....welfare and drug dealing ,money for nuffin and the chicks are free.. and a $17,000,000,000,000 debt..... AND 39 CITIES FILE FOR BANKRUPCY...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Senator Roger Wicker Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trump turns again on immigration; allies bash '... Jan 26 spud 2
News Ricin Fast Facts Dec '17 UMadBro 4
News Bobby Harrison: Presley could be hope for Democ... Oct '17 Ha Ha Ha 13
News Bannon on GOP insurgency: 'Nobody can run and h... Oct '17 Covfeve 84
News Mississippi holds on to state flag with Confede... (Aug '17) Aug '17 Birdzilla 48
News Prominent voices call for change to Mississippi... (Aug '15) Jul '17 UAW 8
News Our Opinion: Fate of Arc impacts communities ac... (Apr '17) Apr '17 Growing Pains 5
More from around the web