Police: Suspect who drove over protes...

Police: Suspect who drove over protesters at Virginia rally is from Maumee

There are 217 comments on the WLBT-TV Jackson story from Aug 13, 2017, titled Police: Suspect who drove over protesters at Virginia rally is from Maumee. In it, WLBT-TV Jackson reports that:

Multiple news outlets are reporting the suspect police say drove over multiple people at a white-nationalist rally is James Alex Fields Jr., of Maumee, Ohio and he is facing multiple charges including second-degree murder. Video of the incident shows the car driving at a high rate of speed over multiple counter-protesters at the rally.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WLBT-TV Jackson.

First Prev
of 11
Next Last
Covfefe

Madison, WI

#2 Aug 13, 2017
Fields' mother made this statement, "I knew his political views.I told him to be careful.

On Saturday night Ohio Senator's Sherrod Brown and Rob Portman both tweeted that the incident should be considered domestic terrorism.

Since: Mar 09

The Left Coast

#3 Aug 13, 2017
It appears that in today's world if you truly believe you are right you can burn cars, attack the police, eliminate any opposing views from being heard, promote violence against the POTUS or drive a car into a crowd. As long as you think your right.
Be Specific

Beverly, MA

#4 Aug 13, 2017
RustyS wrote:
It appears that in today's world if you truly believe you are right you can burn cars, attack the police, eliminate any opposing views from being heard, promote violence against the POTUS or drive a car into a crowd. As long as you think your right.
When Donald Trump hasn't clearly and unequivocally denounced the alt-right's use of the Nazi Flag, saying "Heil Trump" and marching with tourches that very much resemble the torches used in Nazi Germany during the rise of the Nazi Party...

... that is essentially promoting violence on the entire country.

Imagine if you were a retired veteran who fought in WWII and saw the President of the United States Keeping people close to him who are part of this movement to bring back the values you watched your fellow soldiers die to eradicate?!

Just try to imagine that for even one minute. If you can do that and not feel nauseated, then you have a heart of stone.
Ban Cars

Houston, TX

#5 Aug 13, 2017
Cars are weapons of mass destruction. Ban all cars.
Ban Nazi Symbols

United States

#6 Aug 13, 2017
We cannot allow ISIS Rallies in the United States, therefore, we cannot allow Nazi Rallies in the United States.

It's time to recognize all forms of evil and eradicate them.

“TRIBALISM I refuse to play!”

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#7 Aug 13, 2017
Ban Nazi Symbols wrote:
We cannot allow ISIS Rallies in the United States, therefore, we cannot allow Nazi Rallies in the United States.

Does that include Black Lives Matter & the Antifa?

“Watching The Snowflakes Rant”

Since: Feb 17

Location hidden

#8 Aug 13, 2017
Ban Nazi Symbols wrote:

True enough, start at the American source.........Liberalism.
bottlecap

Tampa, FL

#9 Aug 13, 2017
Be Specific wrote:
<quoted text>

When Donald Trump hasn't clearly and unequivocally denounced the alt-right's use of the Nazi Flag, saying "Heil Trump" and marching with tourches that very much resemble the torches used in Nazi Germany during the rise of the Nazi Party...

... that is essentially promoting violence on the entire country.

Imagine if you were a retired veteran who fought in WWII and saw the President of the United States Keeping people close to him who are part of this movement to bring back the values you watched your fellow soldiers die to eradicate?!

Just try to imagine that for even one minute. If you can do that and not feel nauseated, then you have a heart of stone.
One of the tactics of the NAZIS was to disrupt political rallies of their opponents.

In the US, citizens have a constitutional right to peacefully protest and in this case the focal point was the removal of a Robert E. Lee statue from Lee Park.

Now I couldn't care less about Lee's statue, but I would like to know who initiated the violence and was it premeditated.

bottlecap

Tampa, FL

#10 Aug 13, 2017
Getting some facts out

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/charlotte...

At 7:30 p.m., the University of Virginia Health System said it was still treating 19 patients from the car crash five are in critical condition, four are in serious condition, six are fair and four are in good condition.

"Thirty-five people overall were treated for injuries by city personnel Saturday, Thomas said, and 14 of those were hurt in "individual engagements" as violence flared amid the white nationalist rally and counter-protests. No injuries were reported from interactions with police, he said."

"Besides Fields, three people were arrested Saturday, Virginia state police said. A 21-year-old man from Chattanooga, Tennessee, was charged with disorderly conduct; a 44-year-old Gainesville, Florida, man was charged with carrying a concealed handgun; and a 21-year-old Virginia man was charged with assault and battery, police said."
==========
There are TONS of unanswered questions as of now and hopefully we can get some clarity soon.

“Two trolls are better than one”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#11 Aug 13, 2017
bottlecap wrote:
<quoted text>

One of the tactics of the NAZIS was to disrupt political rallies of their opponents.

In the US, citizens have a constitutional right to peacefully protest and in this case the focal point was the removal of a Robert E. Lee statue from Lee Park.

Now I couldn't care less about Lee's statue, but I would like to know who initiated the violence and was it premeditated.

I think all this is part of a bigger picture.They need a race war so that they have an excuse to take out guns.And then, well hello NWO.
spocko

Oakland, CA

#12 Aug 13, 2017
No, Mr. President. What is going on in Charlottesville, Virginia is not "an egregious display of hatred, bigotry and violence on many sides, on many sides." It is a provocative effort on the part of Neo-Nazis to foment racism and hatred and create violence. Call it out for what it is.
spocko

Oakland, CA

#13 Aug 13, 2017
CodeTalker wrote:
<quoted text>True enough, start at the American source.........Liberalism.
my name is Codetalker, Im an angry gaunt and underfed clusterfuck of a human being. I will tell you whom to hate with ambiguous and not so accurate facts, that I made up myself, laced with ridiculous assumptions and absurdities. Most describe my logic as a total failure, in short, Im an asshole.
Driving the USA crazy

Houston, TX

#15 Aug 13, 2017
Ban Cars wrote:
Cars are weapons of mass destruction. Ban all cars.
If we outlaw cars, then only outlaws will have cars.
Democrats are terrorists

Houston, TX

#16 Aug 13, 2017
Ban Nazi Symbols wrote:

I agree. Therefore, we must deport all democrats immediately.
Recognize the real enemy

Houston, TX

#17 Aug 13, 2017
Kill or capture George Soros!
George Soros must be arrested and extradited for interference in U.S. elections!
bottlecap

Tampa, FL

#18 Aug 13, 2017
Troll and Troll wrote:
<quoted text>

I think all this is part of a bigger picture.They need a race war so that they have an excuse to take out guns.And then, well hello NWO.
The IRONY of it is that the NWO is controlled by the NAZI 1% who were the real winners of WWII.

"We are grateful to the Washington Post, The New York Times, Time Magazine and other publications whose directors have attended our meetings and respected their promises of discretion for almost forty years. It would have been impossible for us to develop our plan for the world if we had been subject to the bright lights of publicity during those years."

"But the world is now more sophisticated and prepared to march toward a world government.... The supranational sovereignty of an intellectual elite and world bankers is surely preferable to the national auto-determination practiced in past centuries."
spocko

Oakland, CA

#19 Aug 13, 2017
Recognize the real enemy wrote:
Kill or capture George Soros!
George Soros must be arrested and extradited for interference in U.S. elections!
You fall off your pink unicorn? Moron!
Red Crosse

Wilmington, IL

#20 Aug 13, 2017
This man is a member of Antifa. Joe Biden approves of Antifa, and said so yesterday. There are 26 Republican states, and 6 Democrat states. The rest are split. The Democrats can't win a civil war. They have called for a dead President. If so much as one of his hairs is disturbed, they are going to have more then losing elections to worry about.
all in moderation

Cabot, AR

#21 Aug 13, 2017
White nationalism is just fine. White supremacy is a crime agaisnt humanity!
Tikee

Bismarck, ND

#22 Aug 13, 2017
all in moderation wrote:
White nationalism is just fine. White supremacy is a crime agaisnt humanity!
How about American nationalism is fine. White supremacy is "TERRORISM".

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 11
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Senator Rob Portman Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News What if John McClane had acted like a congressi... 12 hr whiney beech 6
News Brown, Portman to host hearing on pension crisis Jul 16 They cannot kill ... 2
News White House Lawyer Reshapes U.S. Courts Jul 16 Goodman 1
News From ketchup to toilet paper: Canada launching ... Jun 29 Meanwhile 5
News Senate clears White House-backed trade bill (May '15) Jun 27 Milton Limpballs 9
News Obama makes pitch to win support for Pacific tr... (Oct '15) Jun 27 Milton Limpballs 12
News Democrats Were Silent When Obama Admin Failed t... Jun 18 coyote505 2