Mobile Democrat enters U.S. Senate ra...

Mobile Democrat enters U.S. Senate race; 8th-grade teacher also performs R&B

There are 10 comments on the The Mobile Register Online story from Apr 1, 2010, titled Mobile Democrat enters U.S. Senate race; 8th-grade teacher also performs R&B. In it, The Mobile Register Online reports that:

Simone De Moore: 8th-grade public school teacher and musician from Mobile, Ala., becomes the second Democrat seeking to challenge Sen.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Mobile Register Online.

Simone De Moore

Mobile, AL

#1 Apr 18, 2010
If the people decide to give me an opportunity to represent the state of Alabama in the United State Congress. I will represent to the best of my knowledge and ability with the people's best interest in mind. Please do not pre-judge me because I am a Democrat. The fact is, most of Americans are either Republicans or Democrats. Therefore, I am no different than you. I will never decide an issue because of party affiliation. I promise to always base my decisions on principle not party. I will not play the game of politics. I will make the state of Alabama proud to have elected me to represent in these turbelent times. If you decide not to vote for me, then you will continue to have the type of representation that is only good for big business not ordinary citizens. Please get toi know me. You will be proud Alabamians!
Sincerely,
Simone De Moore
I SHOULD KNOW

Hattiesburg, MS

#2 Apr 18, 2010
Do you have a website where we can view your platform and stance on issues?
leo weishaar

Spanish Fort, AL

#3 Apr 18, 2010
is it not so that noone in any state runs as a democrat unless the state leadership approves? if this is so, is it not true that obama people have fired our former state demcratic party heads? if this is so than you must be an obama choice which means that you are an extreme danger to the u.s. constitution, our american way of thinking, a threat to our basic rights such as freedom of speech and religion. if you are approved of by the state committee then you are a subversive element and desire the washington establishment to continue its dictatorial control over us.
Simone Moore

Mobile, AL

#4 Apr 19, 2010
Thanks for your comment! I appreciate your comment! My website is in progress. However, as you know by reading articles that I am an educator in the Mobile County Public School System. I understand the concerns and issues of the Citizens of Alabama as well as the United States. I respect the U.S. Constitution, our American values, and way of thinking. My view is conservative. Why would you determine that I am a danger or a threat to our basic rights relative to the Bill of Rights? I am a working class American citizen. I'm sure I share your values and concerns. I only want what is best for this state and our country. Education is my top priority! A 60% drop out rate is unacceptable! If we are not proactive, we will be retroactive with our young people, college vs prison. Would you agree that if we continue to do what we have done, we will continue to get what we've always gotten. Would you judge me negatively because of a party affiliation, as I am sure you are affiliated with one. I would rather determine your worth and contribution base on your principals and merits. If you decide to support me, you would be pleased with my representation. If not, I repect you decision.
Simone Moore

Mobile, AL

#5 Apr 19, 2010
"Time for New Leadership" I appreciate your comment! My website is coming. However, as you know by reading articles that I am an educator in the Mobile County Public School System. I understand the concerns and issues of the Citizens of Alabama as well as the United States. I respect the U.S. Constitution, our American values, and way of thinking. My view is conservative. Why would you determine that I am a danger or a threat to our basic rights relative to the Bill of Rights? I am a working class Americancitizen. I'm sure I share your values and concerns. I only want what is best for this state and our country. Education is my top priority! A 60% drop out rate is unacceptable! If we are not proactive, we will be retroactive with our young people, college vs prison. Would you agree that if we continue to do what we have done, we will continue to get what we've always gotten. Would you judge me negatively because of a party affiliation, as I am sure you are affiliated with one. I would rather determine your worth and contribution base on your principals and merits. If you decide to support me, you would be pleased with my representation. If not, I repect your decision.
Cracker

Kendallville, IN

#6 Apr 19, 2010
i vote republican. good luck and God bless.
leo weishaar

Spanish Fort, AL

#7 Apr 25, 2010
thank you very much for taking the time to reply to my questions. i ask your kind indulgence as i have some more.
is it not true that the state dnc has been replaced by obama appointees? who was responsible for firing the state dnc people?
we respect the magna carta but it is irrelevant for nonmonarchical systems of gov't.
do you believe that the u.s. constitution is to be interpreted as written?
if you are part of the education establishment how can you contradict, be or act independently of the aea? even those not part of it can not do anything about it if they want to keep their position or job.
thank you again for your kindness and interst in answering these questions.
I SHOULD KNOW

Hattiesburg, MS

#9 Apr 26, 2010
Good questions Leo. I look forward to Mr. Moore's answers.

Mr. Moore, you may very well have conservative views, but you may be putting yourself at a disadvantage by running as a democrat. Liberal Democrat elitists, like Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid, have shifted the Democratic party from center-left to far left, and they have emphasized party over principle. Americans are fed up with representatives (of both parties) that vote against their wishes and who vote for radical laws, like the current health care reform law.

I agree with you, sir, that people should consider the person's principles and/or voting record when judging a candidate. If your views are representative of mine, I have no problem voting for you--regardless of party affiliation. But please bear in mind that Democrats (and a few RINOs)are likely to be thrown out of office in droves come November, and voters won't be looking to replace them with more Democrats. I would urge you to consider running as an independent, especially if you are truly conservative.

Good luck, sir, and I look forward to visiting your website. Please let us know here once it's up and running.
Simone De Moore - Senate

Panama City, FL

#10 Jun 17, 2010
I appreciate everyone's support! I had about two and a half months to campaign and about $4,500.00. no other politician have been able to accomplish what I have with the help of some great people of Alabama who supported me, and still do. I f I had the resources I would have been able to penetrate the north Alabama area through radio and tv.
However, I am encouraged. I will run again! 103785 is a lot of votes for a new comer. But the people realize that I am serious about representing the people for the good of the people. I supports the constitution of the United States of America. I believe that we should regulate the banking industry as well as other pertinent intities within the federal government!
My website is simonedemoore.org , facebook (simone de), simonede.com . You may also google me and learn as much as you can about me. My music is on youtube under Simone De Moore. Please stay tuned...I will be back! I am the New transformational leader who will stand up for the rights of the people.
Please contact me for questions. [email protected]
Sincerely,
Simone De Moore
wendy

Mobile, AL

#11 Sep 14, 2010
simonede this is one of your 8thgrade students from
five years ago I was one of your students in your 8th grade reading class I WAS THE ONE WHO DROVE YOU
CRAZIE BUT ANYWAY I JUST WANT TO WISH YOU THE VERY VERY BEST AND GOD BLESS YOUR GOOD LITTLE SOUL
AND I PROUD OF YOU DO WHAT YOU HAVE TO DO

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Richard Shelby Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Elizabeth Warren v. Wells Fargo: Senate hearing... Sep 18 You Filthy Agent 8
News HHS, Baldwin County to speak Tuesday about ille... Jul '16 Bakker 24
News Alabama bucks as White House considers sending ... Jun '16 tomin cali 1
News Illegal immigrant children may be sent to Alaba... Jun '16 ThomasA 2
News Shelby sides with Trump on 'Mexican' judge's 'c... Jun '16 wild child 1
News Democrats push SEC nominees on corporate politi... (Mar '16) Mar '16 Le Jimbo 3
News UPDATE 1-U.S. Senate banking panel approves Szu... (Mar '16) Mar '16 Le Jimbo 1
More from around the web