Mexican farm workers in Vt. fear federal program

Sep 5, 2011 | Posted by: Agent of Chaos | Full story: www.chron.com

A federal program intended to identify and deport illegal immigrants is raising fears in Vermont, where Mexican farmhands, many without immigration papers, are a staple of the $560 million dairy industry.
Comments
1 - 20 of 24 Comments Last updated Sep 18, 2011
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Dee Dee Dee

Emmaus, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Sep 5, 2011
 

Judged:

3

1

1

As it should be. Illegal aliens and those who hire them are criminals and they should be afraid of being caught an arrested.
Really

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Sep 5, 2011
 

Judged:

3

3

2

I wish the Health Department would do random checks on the purported migrants. Many come across the border very sick. Border Wars was a 2-hour, outstanding show last night. I can hardly wait until next Sunday for another new segment!
b4its2late

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Sep 5, 2011
 

Judged:

2

2

1

It's about time they live in fear. And they are smart to see we arent going to play around anymore.
.
I and most Americans had no idea the extent of the illegal alien nonsense.
.
NOW WE KNOW.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Sep 6, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Obviously they don't fear it enough, they are still here whining and complaining. Detect, Detain, Deport - 3D Method of Choice.
Billy

Dublin, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Sep 11, 2011
 
Dee Dee Dee wrote:
As it should be. Illegal aliens and those who hire them are criminals and they should be afraid of being caught an arrested.
Youíre entirely right Ė itís nice to be evolved in oneís political mindset, but there has to be a limit! No one can convince me that these wet-backs arenít bringing some of their countryís precious drugs up north to sell on the side (along with a good dose of complimentary whooping cough). Vermont is already sick and drugged up enough without adding some Mexican spice to the mix!
sterco

Polson, MT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Sep 11, 2011
 
Billy wrote:
<quoted text>
Youíre entirely right Ė itís nice to be evolved in oneís political mindset, but there has to be a limit! No one can convince me that these wet-backs arenít bringing some of their countryís precious drugs up north to sell on the side (along with a good dose of complimentary whooping cough). Vermont is already sick and drugged up enough without adding some Mexican spice to the mix!
I think I would fear drug resistant TB and Chagas a lot more. Drug resistant STD's are another major worry. Remember than many of these people are working in the fast food dives that you eat at. Hepititus is another common ailment among these trespassing beaners.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Sep 11, 2011
 
Every state should round up the illegals and ship them home without delay.It would be cheaper in the long run from what the CBO says.
Billy

Dublin, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Sep 11, 2011
 
sterco wrote:
<quoted text> I think I would fear drug resistant TB and Chagas a lot more. Drug resistant STD's are another major worry. Remember than many of these people are working in the fast food dives that you eat at. Hepititus is another common ailment among these trespassing beaners.
Honey you're right but I haven't eaten fast food for years... I'm a vegan!
sterco

Polson, MT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Sep 11, 2011
 
Billy wrote:
<quoted text>
Honey you're right but I haven't eaten fast food for years... I'm a vegan!
That is quite alright!!! More prime rib for me!!!
sterco

Polson, MT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Sep 11, 2011
 
PETA People Eating Tasty Animals.
Billy

Dublin, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Sep 11, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

sterco wrote:
<quoted text> That is quite alright!!! More prime rib for me!!!
You do realize don't you that meat consumption is linked to everything from heart disease to cancer? I'm saying this out of friendship.
sterco

Polson, MT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Sep 11, 2011
 
Billy wrote:
<quoted text>
You do realize don't you that meat consumption is linked to everything from heart disease to cancer? I'm saying this out of friendship.
Everything I like is linked to everything from heart disease to cancer!!! I did quit smoking and chewing about nine years ago. Still drink some (a lot) ride motorcycles and eat lots and lots of high quality meat. Sooner or later I figure something is going to get me!!! Not going to live life in fear!!! Whistling past the grave yard!!!
Free is free

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Sep 14, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

1

If therse dumb farmers think they can just hire illegals and huck the social costs of their black-market workforce off to taxpayers, they have another thing coming.

I hope any business that makes a longstanding practice of hiring illegals either reforms its policy or is put under by enforcement. We should be protecting American workers, not undermining them.
Billy

Morrisville, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Sep 18, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

1

F Them wrote:
Run those f@cking wet backs to where they came from. Those smelly, greasy animals!
I don't think it's necessary to go down on such a coarse level with your language. You can be passionate about your beliefs without sounding ignorant.

Since: May 10

Branson, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Sep 18, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

1

If their Illegal they should worry And so should the Farmers that Hire them ! Maybe Uncle Sam should Take over these Farms that choose to Hire Illegals when they could hire Americans ! I worked as a Dairy Herdsman in the 90's made good money 1000 a month plus my house and utilities Hell even today that'd be good money !
b4its2late

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Sep 18, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Billy wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think it's necessary to go down on such a coarse level with your language. You can be passionate about your beliefs without sounding ignorant.
Probably a pro illegal trying to make the anti's look racist.
Billy

Morrisville, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Sep 18, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

1

waterdogg wrote:
If their Illegal they should worry And so should the Farmers that Hire them ! Maybe Uncle Sam should Take over these Farms that choose to Hire Illegals when they could hire Americans ! I worked as a Dairy Herdsman in the 90's made good money 1000 a month plus my house and utilities Hell even today that'd be good money !
Don't you mean if they're illegal, not "their"?

Since: May 10

Branson, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Sep 18, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Billy wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't you mean if they're illegal, not "their"?
Didn't know you were the Language Police either way you were smart enough to know what I meant ! Never Claimed to b perfect I'll leave that to the one's who have nothing better to do but spell check everyone and point it out must really make you feel good about yourself doesn't it !
Billy

Morrisville, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Sep 18, 2011
 
waterdogg wrote:
<quoted text>Didn't know you were the Language Police either way you were smart enough to know what I meant ! Never Claimed to b perfect I'll leave that to the one's who have nothing better to do but spell check everyone and point it out must really make you feel good about yourself doesn't it !
I simply didn't understand what you meant by saying "their illegal." My grandfather always said a gentleman cannot mean what he says unless he can say what he means.

Since: May 10

Branson, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22
Sep 18, 2011
 
Billy wrote:
<quoted text>
I simply didn't understand what you meant by saying "their illegal." My grandfather always said a gentleman cannot mean what he says unless he can say what he means.
Yea and mine said it was better to be thought a fool then to open your mouth and remove all doubt ! It works both ways Why when someone makes a mistake do you feel the need to correct them ? My Grandfather was also fond of say if you don't make a mistake now and then you must not be doing anything !

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••