Senate rejects, for now, extending pa...

Senate rejects, for now, extending payroll tax cut

There are 174 comments on the Log Cabin Democrat story from Dec 1, 2011, titled Senate rejects, for now, extending payroll tax cut. In it, Log Cabin Democrat reports that:

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid of Nev. speaks to reporters about extending the payroll tax cut, Thursday, Dec.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Log Cabin Democrat.

First Prev
of 9
Next Last

Since: Jan 11

Fort Wayne, IN

#173 Dec 7, 2011
Eric Gustafson wrote:
actually that was Roosevelt's message to America in 1910. Roosevelt, a Republican sought to drive out from politics and American democracy corporate financial influence. Up until Roosevelt the dynamics in America was exactly as it is today. The Rich were getting richer and the back bone of America, it's workers were struggling taking on medevil European similarities. America was a nation of surfs, the old and poor dying in the streets, a lot of those conditions would last for another 25 years until the Social Security Act.
The purpose of Government is to protect the rights of the people. The rights established by the U.S Constitution and to ensure the distribution of justice and up hold the laws of a free democracy.
There aren't but 15 States in America on lands that weren't allocated, proportioned and determined by the U.S Government. Two of those was purchased by the U.S Government after formation of the Nation, Texas and Alaska which were purchased from Mexico and Russia.
<quoted text>
I don't think Texas was purchased. It declared itself an independent republic after Santa Anna's defeat at the battle of San Jacinto. Texas is the only state that was once a country.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mexican%E2%80%93...

Texas wasn't involved in the Gadsden purchase, if that's what you were referring to.

The constitution is the supreme law of the land that was supposed to protect us from government.
Eric Gustafson

Virginia Beach, VA

#174 Dec 7, 2011
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think Texas was purchased. It declared itself an independent republic after Santa Anna's defeat at the battle of San Jacinto. Texas is the only state that was once a country.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mexican%E2%80%93...
Texas wasn't involved in the Gadsden purchase, if that's what you were referring to.
The constitution is the supreme law of the land that was supposed to protect us from government.
The Gadsden purchase, 15 million to Mexico for the entire south west territory and an additon 3 Million to resolve Mexico's claim to Texas.

Claiming independence is one thing, Granting independence is totally another.

Fort Wayne, IN

#175 Dec 7, 2011
Eric Gustafson wrote:
<quoted text>
The Gadsden purchase, 15 million to Mexico for the entire south west territory and an additon 3 Million to resolve Mexico's claim to Texas.
Claiming independence is one thing, Granting independence is totally another.
Texas was recognized by Britain, France, and the US as an independent republic. I would say it was granted.

I believe the 3 million was owed to the US for damages and was forgiven.

The Gadsden Purchase involved, what is now, southern New Mexico and Arizona. I'm pretty sure they needed the land for a railroad.

Since: Jan 10

Las Vegas, NV

#177 Dec 8, 2011
The Senate republicans need to block everything obama tries. He is so hateful of American business and is such an outright liar, I don't trust him. I have never so distrusted a president as this guy.

“Liberal Teachers ruin Kids”

Since: Mar 09

Paradise Valley Arizona

#178 Dec 8, 2011
Here in Vegas wrote:
The Senate republicans need to block everything obama tries. He is so hateful of American business and is such an outright liar, I don't trust him. I have never so distrusted a president as this guy.
Barack Obama's father: Bigamist, drunk and wife-beater
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/books/article...

'If my father hadn’t exactly disappointed me, he remained something unknown, something volatile and vaguely threatening.’ Barrack Hussien Obama
Eric Gustafson

Virginia Beach, VA

#179 Dec 8, 2011
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
Texas was recognized by Britain, France, and the US as an independent republic. I would say it was granted.
I believe the 3 million was owed to the US for damages and was forgiven.
The Gadsden Purchase involved, what is now, southern New Mexico and Arizona. I'm pretty sure they needed the land for a railroad.
Bullshit, Texas wasn't recognized by any foreign state, especially Britain. Britain wouldn't recognize Texas because of the issue of Slavery, nor would other Catholic States of the World. Andrew Jackson never recognized Texas until his last day in office.

Texas didn't have any funding to fight a war and no support, if not for America the Mexicans would have eventually reclaimed their territory.

The Confederates also Claimed Independence once upon a time, like the Texans tried from Mexico, Claiming independence is one thing, as demonstrated by the Confederates, but being granted Independence is totally something different.

If you live in Texas right now, if not for the ideology of the Manifest Destiny, you would be speaking Spanish and a practicing Catholic.

Not much has changed in Texas, The short history of the independent Texan Republic was troubled. Financing the new government proved to be difficult — foreign investors were leery about loaning money and Texas residents showed little interest in paying taxes

Fort Wayne, IN

#180 Dec 8, 2011
Eric Gustafson wrote:
<quoted text>
Bullshit, Texas wasn't recognized by any foreign state, especially Britain. Britain wouldn't recognize Texas because of the issue of Slavery, nor would other Catholic States of the World. Andrew Jackson never recognized Texas until his last day in office.
Texas didn't have any funding to fight a war and no support, if not for America the Mexicans would have eventually reclaimed their territory.
The Confederates also Claimed Independence once upon a time, like the Texans tried from Mexico, Claiming independence is one thing, as demonstrated by the Confederates, but being granted Independence is totally something different.
If you live in Texas right now, if not for the ideology of the Manifest Destiny, you would be speaking Spanish and a practicing Catholic.
Not much has changed in Texas, The short history of the independent Texan Republic was troubled. Financing the new government proved to be difficult — foreign investors were leery about loaning money and Texas residents showed little interest in paying taxes
Read the diplomatic relations at the bottom of the Wikipedia link.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Republic_of_Texa...

The only country that didn't recognize them was Mexico, the ones who lost territory and continued to invade. The Mexican war was started over a dispute over land between the Rio Grande and the Nueces River.

Why would Britain care if there was slavery? How did all of those black people end up on British owned Caribbean islands? Had the south won the Battle of Gettysburg, the British would have entered the civil war on the side of the south for the cotton trade.
Sam

Dayton, OH

#181 Dec 9, 2011
Government sponges are the politicians. Those hard working American who were laid off so the companys could increase profits or send thier jobs overseas,should not be labeled sponges by some asshole who through no effort of his own was able to maintain his job for now.When he is jobless,perhaps he will adjust his brainwashed attitude.Listen to more hate radio- It may give you the false information you can clear your conscience with.Merry Christmas.Godspeed to all those in need.
gitmoe

United States

#182 Dec 12, 2011
the function since lbj has been to keep everyone in need, be it federal grant, rebate, check, block grant, tax forgiveness, tax break?,school district grant,state grant,housing voucher, health care voucher. cross uncle sam politicians and get crossed off the list.no soup for you.no house for you no check for you,no job for you..the last time i got a payroll tax cut ,my yearly $1000 irs check disappeared.uncle sam? more like uncle sam scrooge.
Sam

Dayton, OH

#183 Dec 12, 2011
Its not a question of what Uncle Sam can do for you,its a question of what he didn't do.He didn't stop the American companys from going overseas and to Mexico with our jobs and products that Americans developed and perfected.He didn't create laws to protect American jobs,instead,he paid some companys to relocate to Mexico and China costing millions of American companys to go bankrupt.This practice was like government assissted suicide to our economy.Nafta,Cafta,WTO and all the so called "Free Trade"laws have destroyed our nation and made billionaires of the friends of our Senators and thier Lobbyists.We need tarriffs like all the rest of the world charges us. Any other action is suicide for our economy.
Sam

Dayton, OH

#184 Dec 12, 2011
Don't blame other countrys for our economy.You buy the foreign products.The American businessmen who own these plants in China and Mexico are the cause.They received the right to do one way trade from the Senate.So now our economy is going one way---------- down the tube! Our wealth has been sent to nations with slave labor laws.This way the "Benedict Arnold" American companys can become billionaires in only a few short years.When the Senators who passed these laws retire, they get a job as a CEO at one of these plants.Same way for insider trading------ they only care about the rich and themselves.
joey

Livonia, LA

#185 Dec 12, 2011
Independant Voter wrote:
<quoted text>
Cut SS benefits instead, primarily by raising the retirement age. SS was NEVER meant to provide 10-20 years of living expenses for retirees. When it was 1st created, the median death age was right around the SS benefits age. Now people often live decades into their SS benefits, and that simply isn't sustainable.
If you want to live out the last 20 years of your life work-free, then save up for it yourself. Us working taxpayers can no longer afford you.
yet its ok to keep extending unemployment until its become a retirement for those who dont want to get a job?give back the money to those who have paid into ss and let the govt.keep employers contributions!the feds win and you can stop bitching about those who actually paid into plan!these people will no longer get ss and all should be happy?no way for then the free loaders would be out!i know i will die before i get what i paid in to ss!where did my excess go?you know the answer?
gitmoe

United States

#186 Dec 13, 2011
ADDED ALL TOGETHER ,me thinks its all planned to lower the average americans way of living,and sharing the wealth with the rest of the world.its gonna be a hot dog and baked bean society. and i say that because,ANY OTHER SCENARIO does not fit into the whats happening.from liheap to turkey funds, to toys for,or the 2100 federal assistance programs to the multitude of charities,none of which have helped , the big picture. and no government can be that STUPID. or are they.over 2000 years of social reform ,all for naught.debtor prison is now ,life on the street,and 3 bad credit ratings.where credit cards are the new employer,or no rating at all..and did they get all the russian moles in government?..
quinto

United States

#187 Dec 22, 2011
PAYROLL TAX CUT?????..... PERMANENT 1040 TAX CUT IS WHAT WE NEED... or is it just a scam to put more into the economy via the tax payer in the belief its a real TAX CUT.FOR TWO LOUSEY STINKIN MONFS. the last time i got a cut ,it cost me 1000 refund ,I ALWAYS GOT. with an 80% disapproval rating for congress, ANOTHER LIE MEANS NOTHIN.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 9
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mitch McConnell Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News One dead after car plows into group of proteste... 3 hr Mark 235
News McConnell Said to be 'Upset' with Trump 8 hr conservative 22
News Mitch McConnell's secret fury over Charlottesvi... Sat Putins Glock Holster 52
News GOP voters are siding with Trump in his latest ... Aug 16 YouDidntBuildThat 1
News McConnell slams bigotry as GOP grapples with Tr... Aug 16 you hate the truth 2
News Trump blasts McConnell over 'excessive expectat... Aug 14 Phyllis Schlafly ... 11
News McConnell to consider bipartisan plan to pay he... Aug 13 No Doubt 11
More from around the web