Colorado GOP Senate hopeful stands by...

Colorado GOP Senate hopeful stands by gay remark

There are 86 comments on the EDGEnewengland.com News Feed story from Oct 18, 2010, titled Colorado GOP Senate hopeful stands by gay remark. In it, EDGEnewengland.com News Feed reports that:

In this photo provided by NBC Republican candidate for the U.S. Senate from Colorado, Ken Buck, debates the Democratic candidate from Colorado, Sen.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at EDGEnewengland.com News Feed.

Since: Jun 07

Allentown Pa

#22 Oct 18, 2010
Cjp wrote:
I can say to my wife he's a nice looking dude,but that doesn't mean I want to have sex or that I'm bi. You sound like if someone sees someone else as attractive they want to have sex and they can't have any self control.Have you ever raped someone? I'm sure you must have since you can't display any self control.Every person you find attractive you have sex with right?
See, that's the problem you have. I have plenty of self control. I'm married, don't cheat, never in trouble with women, the law, or both. I don't need control to not have sex with a man. I don't have any interest. YOU DO. You're a self loathing gay. Just like Ted Haggard and Larry Craig. Both married, both claimed to be opposed to gays and called it a choice. Both caught being GAY.
Glasnos

El Paso, TX

#23 Oct 18, 2010
Hypnotic Phantom wrote:
I'm a bit confused. Doesn't the religious right say that God created man in his own image? and don't they say that God loves each of his children equally? If they actually believe in what they preach that would mean that God created and loves the gay/lesbian/trans gender folks, correct? And if God, according to the religious right created the gays/lesbians/ trans gender in His own image, wouldn't that make God at the very least Bi-sexual?
Look under definition: convoluted
scout

United States

#24 Oct 18, 2010
Everyone know homosexuality is a criminal disease, far worse that DUI.

Just insane that we have turned the entire country into the State of Sodom.

Armaggedon: 5.21.11, so party on for the last few weeks you have left, as that's what you'll do anyway.

“"I'm A Great American!"”

Since: Sep 08

Obama Nation! USA! USA!

#25 Oct 18, 2010
carey529 wrote:
who give's a rat's ass what this guy thinks about homosexuals...there are some REALLY IMPORTANT issues to deal with...
and THIS isn't one of them!
You consider his opinion important enough to comment about it.

Oops! You did it again! LOL!!!

Carey, you keep falling into the same trap. You remind me of a dog my friend had. John has a large yard with some trees in the back. Chipper was a golden retriever who reminds me of you.

Several times a day, John would attach Chipper to a long leash. Chipper would roam the yard, catch the leash around a tree, and never figure out he needed to walk back where he came from. He'd bark & cry, until John came out and rescue him, usually before his neighbors got annoyed...

You remind me of Chipper Carey, except you're more dim witted than the dog. But do tell us next time you decide something isn't important enough to talk about! LOL!!!
Defeat Obamaunism

Bronx, NY

#27 Oct 18, 2010
While our political masters are upset, no doubt, over the embarrassment this caused them (for a few moments, until the story quickly faded) don’t think for a moment that this has made them cut off the flow of money, weapons, and ammo to these child soldiers. Our army of little African boys is “a critical piece” of our War of Terror in the Horn of Africa, say the experts. Plus, consider the cost savings, as doubtless Secretary of Defense Robert Gates has. Not too long ago he whined that an all-volunteer force was getting awful expensive, and according to The New York Times our little boy soldiers are getting paid, if at all, only $1.50 per day, and that’s quite a bargain by any measure.
So as not to appear too one-sided, it must be admitted that AFRICON has provided (and is providing) these children with certain job skills that they can fall back on until the end of their days. For instance little Ahmed, all of 15-years-old, was sent to Uganda at the age of 12 and taught by American trainers “how to kill with a knife.” His fellow soldier Awil, now 12-years-old, says “loves the gun.”
And to be fair, while the political grandees around the globe have laws (specifically the Convention on the Rights of the Child) that prohibit the use of children in combat, neither the United States or Somalia ever signed it, so it’s a bit of a stretch to expect us to adhere to something we are not signatories on.
Enough. I stop reading the paper and watch my son running the length of the shoreline with the ocean waves his backdrop, and I think of all the children, barely older than he, that part of my every workday is spent to supply with weapons. I gag on a surge of patriotism.
There are many predictions on this site for the coming demise of the American empire, and with God’s mercy that blessed day can’t come soon enough.
www.dumpdc.com
Captain Yesterday

“Trump is the Enemy”

Since: Oct 10

Impeach Trump

#29 Oct 19, 2010
The laughing liberal wrote:
Obama on the Dems winning November election - BUSTED!
Posted on October 18, 2010
CBS' Chip Reid: WH Worried They Could Lose House And Senate
"Well, if you listen to them publicly, Robert Gibbs today, for example, on the morning talk shows said they're confident they're going to hang on to the Senate and the House. Behind the scenes, they are not. They are deeply worried they could lose the House and they are even a bit worried they could lose the Senate," CBS' Chip Reid said.
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2010/1...
Right - so as long as the MSM reports stuff you LIKE, you trust them absolutely...gotcha...:)
Captain Yesterday

“Trump is the Enemy”

Impeach Trump

#30 Oct 19, 2010
scout wrote:
Everyone know homosexuality is a criminal disease, far worse that DUI.
Just insane that we have turned the entire country into the State of Sodom.
Armaggedon: 5.21.11, so party on for the last few weeks you have left, as that's what you'll do anyway.
Bigotry is a disease, and religious superstition a form of retardation. But feel free to assume room temperature 5/21/11 if that's what your "god" tells you to do...

“Equality First”

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#31 Oct 19, 2010
Captain Yesterday wrote:
<quoted text>
Bigotry is a disease, and religious superstition a form of retardation. But feel free to assume room temperature 5/21/11 if that's what your "god" tells you to do...
I had to look up that date on Google. Funny.
Captain Yesterday

“Trump is the Enemy”

Impeach Trump

#32 Oct 19, 2010
sofa_king_cool wrote:
<quoted text>See, that's the problem you have. I have plenty of self control. I'm married, don't cheat, never in trouble with women, the law, or both. I don't need control to not have sex with a man. I don't have any interest. YOU DO. You're a self loathing gay. Just like Ted Haggard and Larry Craig. Both married, both claimed to be opposed to gays and called it a choice. Both caught being GAY.
Quite apart from his confusion over the difference between having sex with someone and raping them. I wonder if he's online from prison?

yeesh
scout

United States

#33 Oct 19, 2010
Captain Yesterday wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't be so hard on yourself. Homosexual bigots understand the mental disease of sodomy and often seek help.

About 5.21.11, you might wanna get set for a major paradigm shift. Seriously. Blood is on your own hands, not mine, for the definition of 'wisdom' is fear of 'god,' the living one.
Captain Yesterday

“Trump is the Enemy”

Impeach Trump

#34 Oct 19, 2010
scout wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't be so hard on yourself. Homosexual bigots understand the mental disease of sodomy and often seek help.
About 5.21.11, you might wanna get set for a major paradigm shift. Seriously. Blood is on your own hands, not mine, for the definition of 'wisdom' is fear of 'god,' the living one.
Projecting your closeted homosexuality onto me? No surprise there, I see it a lot from Bible-humping morons like yourself. It's obviously you who are the "bigot," too, despite your attempt to throw that name absurdly back at me or at gay people.

I don't fear, believe in, or take you or your "god" seriously. Sit and spin.
Cjp

Gettysburg, PA

#35 Oct 19, 2010
Captain Yesterday wrote:
<quoted text>
Projecting your closeted homosexuality onto me? No surprise there, I see it a lot from Bible-humping morons like yourself. It's obviously you who are the "bigot," too, despite your attempt to throw that name absurdly back at me or at gay people.
Why not go outside and play with your pretend buddies now and let the adults talk. Does your mommy know you are skipping school to play on her computer? Run along now shew shew!
scout

United States

#36 Oct 19, 2010
Captain Yesterday wrote:
<quoted text>
As if. lol
Dave

Orlando, FL

#37 Oct 19, 2010
sofa_king_cool wrote:
<quoted text>You didn't choose? What makes you think gays choose? I don't believe one can choose what or who they find attractive or desirable. If a man finds a man desirable and attractive, but not women, then he didn't choose to feel that way, he just does.
You like men but you love women? So you could be with men? So you're bi and choose women over men. OK. I like women and only women. I like black women, white women and hispanic women. But I love great butts and large breasts.
So it's not a choice. Ok I believe that, who in their right mind would choose a lifestyle so full of conflict. Then what is it? Genetic? Chemical? Overbearing mothers? Absentee fathers? What causes it. You can't default to it just happens. That doesn't wash.
Something causes men to be attracted to men(yuk) and women to women (what a waste) when most do not. What is it?

“or Fox News”

Since: Jan 08

Vicksburg, MI

#38 Oct 19, 2010
Glasnos wrote:
<quoted text>
Look under definition: convoluted
I did and it said "See organized religion"

Since: Jun 07

Allentown Pa

#39 Oct 19, 2010
Dave wrote:
<quoted text>
So it's not a choice. Ok I believe that, who in their right mind would choose a lifestyle so full of conflict. Then what is it? Genetic? Chemical? Overbearing mothers? Absentee fathers? What causes it. You can't default to it just happens. That doesn't wash.
Something causes men to be attracted to men(yuk) and women to women (what a waste) when most do not. What is it?
Maybe it's genetic, maybe chemical, I don't believe it's mothers or fathers because I know people that have gay brothers that were raised by the same family and didn't turn out gay. I don't know. What I do know is that it happens in other animals as well, animals that don't have the same concept of choice. And it's natural to those it happens to. So I don't care why it happens, but it just happens.
If you acknowledge that it's not choice, then why care why?

“Like any other man,but more so”

Since: Sep 07

Cimmeria

#40 Oct 19, 2010
sofa_king_cool wrote:
<quoted text>You didn't choose? What makes you think gays choose? I don't believe one can choose what or who they find attractive or desirable. If a man finds a man desirable and attractive, but not women, then he didn't choose to feel that way, he just does.
You like men but you love women? So you could be with men? So you're bi and choose women over men. OK. I like women and only women. I like black women, white women and hispanic women. But I love great butts and large breasts.
A pedophile could say the same thing. You gonna cut him some slack?

“Equality First”

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#41 Oct 19, 2010
sofa_king_cool wrote:
<quoted text>Maybe it's genetic, maybe chemical, I don't believe it's mothers or fathers because I know people that have gay brothers that were raised by the same family and didn't turn out gay. I don't know. What I do know is that it happens in other animals as well, animals that don't have the same concept of choice. And it's natural to those it happens to. So I don't care why it happens, but it just happens.
If you acknowledge that it's not choice, then why care why?
I often wonder why it is that supposed heterosexuals care so much about why I love the man I do. I don't wonder about it, and we two are the only ones involved. I also don't wonder why they "chose" to be heterosexual. I just don't care.
Captain Yesterday

“Trump is the Enemy”

Impeach Trump

#42 Oct 19, 2010
Dave wrote:
<quoted text>
Who cares? WHo cares if it was purely a choice? Gay people should have the same rights and freedoms as anyone else. People need to be aware that human sexuality is a contiuum, not just 'either-or.'
Cjp

Gettysburg, PA

#43 Oct 19, 2010
damskippy wrote:
<quoted text>A pedophile could say the same thing. You gonna cut him some slack?
or a rapist or a serial killer

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Senator Michael Bennet Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Extra-windy March boosts wind, solar power's sh... Jun 17 Solarman 1
News More May '17 anonymous 1
News Democratic congressman announces run for Colora... Apr '17 CodeTalker 3
News The Latest: Pelosi a deeply disappointeda by Go... Mar '17 op gladio 5
News Word on the Hill: Muslim Group Advocacy Day Foc... Feb '17 Marie-Luise_J 1
News Darryl Glenn Says He's 'Suspended' Trump Endors... (Oct '16) Oct '16 USA Today 12
News The Latest: GOP candidate has suspended Trump e... (Oct '16) Oct '16 Winona Ryders bl ... 25
More from around the web