Colorado GOP Senate Hopeful Stands By Gay Remark

Oct 17, 2010 Full story: CBS 46 13

Colorado's Republican Senate candidate, under pressure to defend himself against allegations he has abandoned the far-right in favor of appealing to moderate voters, compared homosexuality to alcoholism in a televised debate with the man he's trying to unseat.

Full Story

“Haters Need 2 Shut the F-K Up!”

Since: Aug 07

Mount Laurel, New Jersey, USA

#1 Oct 17, 2010
Somebody look in this guy's closet for skeletons! Does he own a gay bar like Paladino? What a bunch of GOP wackos!

“Son of Abraham”

Since: Aug 07

Natural Deviant

#2 Oct 17, 2010
What is going on in the world? Every single day we hear of either a gay kid killing themselves, someone getting gay bashed, people being kicked out of public places or refused services for being gay or some politician is trying to tell everyone just how vile gay people are.

It definitely seems there is a very strong upswing in the viciousness being hurled at gay people. This is almost like the start of a backlash, one which will get a lost worse, way worse, if the Tea Party comes into power.

“I call it as I see it.”

Since: Jul 09

Retirement City

#3 Oct 17, 2010
I do not know whether he truly opposes homosexuality or is simply trying to tell the right people what they want to hear. It is sheer futility for anyone to think they can clean up this country by electing the right people as most politicians are less welcome than skunks as visitors to my home.

“Homosapien ”

Since: Jan 07

Minneapolis

#4 Oct 17, 2010
To me Buck just admitted he is bisexual if he thinks it's a choice, he must have attractions to both genders to make that possible.
WestCoaster

San Marcos, CA

#5 Oct 17, 2010
It's election year rhetoric, but scary none the less.

Since: Jan 08

Thailand

#6 Oct 17, 2010
Republicans reveal themselves as total slime when they exclaim their bigotry because this one has to "defend himself against allegations he has abandoned the far-right in favor of appealing to moderate voters." Slime, pure slime...

Since: Apr 07

Philadelphia, PA

#7 Oct 17, 2010
OK, know what, these politicians need to pick a side and say "***k it." Seriously. When they act anti-gay, the pro-gay scream. If they show *the slightest compassion* for a bullied gay teen who has broken 6 ribs and is on life support, the anti-gay *IGNORE* the child's injuries and screech at the politician that he's in bed with satan. I cannot imagine how politicians keep pretending they're going to play both sides. A famous politician known as BARACK OBAMA has been trying to play both sides and it is working *DISASTROUSLY* for him, to say the least.

Pick a side. You'll be hated by the other; shrug it off. My choice? Stand up for equality and justice, or you're an idiot.

Since: Apr 07

Philadelphia, PA

#8 Oct 17, 2010
McMike wrote:
What is going on in the world? Every single day we hear of either a gay kid killing themselves, someone getting gay bashed, people being kicked out of public places or refused services for being gay or some politician is trying to tell everyone just how vile gay people are.
It definitely seems there is a very strong upswing in the viciousness being hurled at gay people. This is almost like the start of a backlash, one which will get a lost worse, way worse, if the Tea Party comes into power.
I always presumed it was this bad. Perhaps I'm being corrected, haha.

I am floored that every day something hateful happens. Nor do I think you or anyone should blink for a moment at the idea that it could get worse. You simply keep savagely fighting. If the teabaggers "comes into power," as you put it, you fight twice as savagely. Simple.

My own theory is that with them "in power," the backlash would SUBSIDE. Backlashes occur when the hated gain ground. Because gay people are gaining ground, prolonged screaming is occurring. Let them choke on their vomit. I lost patience a long time ago and now, at all times and consistently, tell them *exactly* what I think of them.
CHAS

Dillon, CO

#9 Oct 17, 2010
When did Buck choose to be a heterosexual? Or act like one?

Since: Jan 08

Thailand

#10 Oct 17, 2010
CHAS wrote:
When did Buck choose to be a heterosexual? Or act like one?
He's a republican. That means he can do anything to keep/maintain power: lie, misrepresent, slander, etc. They're greedy, selfish SOB's. They don't care about anybody/anything but their bank accounts. They have no civic/moral responsibility. They think they owe no one. They don't care about the environment or anything that might affect their "bottom line". And how many jobs did they send overseas so they can make more money? Greed and slime...

“I call it as I see it.”

Since: Jul 09

Retirement City

#11 Oct 17, 2010
flbadcatowner wrote:
I do not know whether he truly opposes homosexuality or is simply trying to tell the right people what they want to hear. It is sheer futility for anyone to think they can clean up this country by electing the right people as most politicians are less welcome than skunks as visitors to my home.
Politics will be politics, regardless of what party is involved.
Paula Trexlertown

Allentown, PA

#12 Oct 17, 2010
Summary: Being GAY is neither right nor wrong. Politicians should totally stay away from the subject. Gays should have the rights to equal job opportunities and pay. Gays should be allowed to serve in the military or teach our children in schools. Gays are born gay. It is a medical abnormality which manifests itself as they reach puberty.
It is simply fault of brain chemistry imbalances. That explains high pitched voices and mannerisms and their characteristic looks they have in common. It is not normal in any matter shape or form. You dont become gay by having them for friends and viceversa.. It is 110% morally wrong for ANYONE to despise or harm gays. If our leaders were truly concerned about gays and the associated social problems, they would use seriour medical research to try to find solution so ALL of us can better live in harmony and stop all this nonsense of debating. I will continue to have gays for friends and so should all of us. All of the above is just my opinion but i feel comfortable in a basically neutral stance

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

#13 Oct 18, 2010
McMike wrote:
"What is going on in the world?"

There has been a huge right wing movement in American politics. Irony is that the same people who hate Muslims and see them as close minded nuts (radical Muslims are) yet they to are no better.

I do not think at this point you can even be a Republican candidate with out bowing down to the radical Christian,Mormon conservative bunch.
Every candidate must spew out hate.

What is just as alarming and used to tick me off (now I just don't care) are the amount of people who need to vote and are not voting.

The Florida gay community has a deplorable voting rate just disgusting .
Much to their credit the women vote much more than men .

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Senator Michael Bennet Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Worst Political Calculation the Democrats M... Nov 7 ronnie 2
Flat Tops Wilderness Area was first of the grea... Oct '14 Say What 1
George Will: GOP needs better candidates (Mar '14) Oct '14 Swedenforever 3
Plagiarism scandal overshadows Sen. John Walsh'... Jul '14 barefoot2626 42
How badly is GOP damaging itself among Latinos ... Jul '14 Amigo 7
Many Colorado Builders Support Immigration Reform Jun '14 Amigo 1
Colorado Fracking Fight to Light Up Senate Race (May '14) May '14 Scott 5

Senator Michael Bennet People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE