US Senate Democrats close ranks to fi...

US Senate Democrats close ranks to fight Keystone

There are 222 comments on the Reuters story from Apr 24, 2012, titled US Senate Democrats close ranks to fight Keystone. In it, Reuters reports that:

U.S. Senate Democrats closed ranks on Tuesday to block quick approval of the Keystone XL oil pipeline as they begin negotiations with House of Representatives Republicans on a compromise job-creating transportation construction bill.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Reuters.

First Prev
of 12
Next Last

“Hillary, thirty years of lying”

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#235 May 26, 2012
Madaman wrote:
<quoted text>
I can understand your interpretation of Obama's actions regarding the Bush lawlessness. However, rather than blaming Obama for "complicity" in Bush's crimes, another interpretation is that perhaps he did not wish to spend his initial political capital prosecuting Bush -- chose to actually accomplish something that has eluded Democratic presidents since FDR: National Health Care. This was the missing piece of the New Deal, that was left out to take care of "later." We know that "later" became MUCH later -- decades later.
maybe Obama didn't want to cast the first stone.

Obama Pot-Smoking 'Choom Gang'...Wonder where he got the money for drugs, he never has worked.

Thanked drug dealer, not mom, in high-school yearbook...Well, at least he didn't blame either for everything......which he usually does.

Twice in 2 Days Mentions 'My Sons'-- even with Teleprompter... He must be remembering his days with Vera Baker........now in Martinique....shades of John Edwards.

Flash: This Just In......After Bashing Bush For Four Years, Obama Invites Bush's to White House. OBAMA ASKED, NOW TELL ME AGAIN WHAT I'M SUPPOSED TO DO GEORGE.....I KEEP FORGETTING.
Don Joe

Saint Paul, MN

#236 May 29, 2012
Madaman wrote:
<quoted text>
I can understand your interpretation of Obama's actions regarding the Bush lawlessness. However, rather than blaming Obama for "complicity" in Bush's crimes, another interpretation is that perhaps he did not wish to spend his initial political capital prosecuting Bush -- chose to actually accomplish something that has eluded Democratic presidents since FDR: National Health Care. This was the missing piece of the New Deal, that was left out to take care of "later." We know that "later" became MUCH later -- decades later.
Indeed there are political calculations to be made. He may have considered that it would cost him votes from the far right to allow an open airing of the bush crimes. On the other hand, it cost him a lot to protect bush. Additionally he did not receive the political gain, a criminal trial, publicly showing the rampant criminality of the bush administration, which would have been proven over and over and over.

From my point of view, it cost him dearly to protect bush.

Second, to really reform health care, you have to take the profit motive out. Essentially you have to eliminate the insurance companies. The main way to do that is with single payer, universal coverage. That option was eliminated right from the beginning. Instead we ended up with Romney care, which I oppose because I don't favor taking thousands of dollars from the poor every month, which is what this advocates. It charges the poor much much more, and gives them less. It makes health care results much worse. It does nothing to reduce the money health insurance companies charge, thus health care costs will go way high, compared with the stratospheric levels they are now.

With this plan in place, we still need health care reform. This is simply not acceptable.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 12
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Max Baucus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 'Revenant' author is a mystery man (Jan '16) Jan '16 Ritual Habitual 1
News Hudson: Designed to fail: Only the members of C... (Oct '15) Oct '15 Elise Gingersnick 1
News PRUDEN: Obamacare called 'The fiasco for the ages' (Jul '13) May '15 Will Dockery 20
News Scandal Threatens Montana Democrat's Hold On U.... (Aug '14) Jan '15 DCtechsonstates 46
News News Guide: Montana's 2014 elections (Nov '14) Nov '14 Ace McMillan 3
News Harry Reid's Desperate Measures (Oct '14) Oct '14 CZars_R_US 5
News Jeff Bridges Eyed by Some Anxious Montana Democ... (Aug '14) Aug '14 Le Jimbo 1
More from around the web