New tax law packed with obscure busin...

New tax law packed with obscure business tax cuts

There are 38 comments on the WTOL-TV Toledo story from Dec 24, 2010, titled New tax law packed with obscure business tax cuts. In it, WTOL-TV Toledo reports that:

The massive new tax bill signed into law by President Barack Obama is filled with all kinds of holiday stocking stuffers for businesses: tax breaks for producing TV shows, grants for putting up windmills, rum subsidies for Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WTOL-TV Toledo.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
A Nnoyed

Shepton Mallet, UK

#1 Dec 24, 2010
Rum

Yum
Ross

Leesburg, FL

#2 Dec 24, 2010
"You need to pass the bill in order to find out what is in the bill."
Chuck

Southworth, WA

#3 Dec 24, 2010
I only voted for Obama for CHANGE !

1. He failed to end the phony wars.

2. He failed to close Gitmo.

3. He works for Wallstreet.

We got shafted again.
Mothra

Portland, OR

#4 Dec 24, 2010
Ross wrote:
"You need to pass the bill in order to find out what is in the bill."
Good thing we had 5 days to review it before it was signed, huh?

“President DOWNGRADE..Ha Ha Ha!”

Since: Sep 09

Casselberry, FL

#5 Dec 24, 2010
Boehner is proposing new rules for the House mandating time from release of a bill to a vote.

He's also going to allow more reporters into the chamber since current rules are prohibitive and only allow specific media brands. This is one reason why we had such a bias in the coverage.

His first few votes will also be to Cut his or House Budgets.

Good Change in coming when the new house is Sworn In.

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#6 Dec 24, 2010
We warned you he was full of crap.

But take solace in the fact the McCain would have done no different. Instead of ObamaCare, he would have pushed for the legalization of 20 million illegals.
Chuck wrote:
We got shafted again.

“Make America Great Again”

Since: Jun 07

Bring Obama Back!

#7 Dec 24, 2010
Chuck wrote:
We got shafted again.
I wish the Obama had gone to the mattresses against the republicans over extending the Bush Tax Cuts; but I am happy with the fact that he got passed 85% of what he said he would do during his campaign to become President.

Furthermore, he will have time during his second term when the Democrats take back the House as he is re-elected to implement the 15% that he was unable to get through during the last 2 years.

God bless President Obama and the United States of America.
the aspostle larry said

Sherman, TX

#8 Dec 24, 2010
the old appelton clause

Casselberry, FL

#9 Dec 24, 2010
Chuck wrote:
We got shafted again.
1. Obama Even Expanded the War into Pakistan and Extended it until beyond 2014 with no end in sight.

2. Not only did he fail at gitmo but his NYC trial backfired on us all as the terrorist was able to beat 275 of Obama's charges in a federal court because the judge refused to admit critical evidence. This wouldn't have happened in a Military trial.

3. Obama has been owned by Wall Street for many years, well before he won the election. He knew about the Bonuses we were paying for too. To add further insult, he hired many wall street insiders into his administration.

This doesn't even mention the Fannie Mae Lobbyist, Donilon, Obama hired as National Security chief.
mayo420

Baltimore, MD

#10 Dec 24, 2010
Business is business.
Crying Orange Man

Sebastian, FL

#11 Dec 24, 2010
Does anyone know of a link or website that discloses the amendments that are "tacked" on to a bill and who did it? Possibly before it is signed and becomes law. I know of LegiStorm.com , but they only do earmarks. The government has websites to identify sponsors and co-sponsors but nothing about who "tacked" what on to a bill. The amendments crap is what is pissing most people off, as it should. Oh well, thanks in advance. Merry Christmas.

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#12 Dec 24, 2010
Oh freaking make me barf

I see the fake Marine is still spewing his idiocy
Marine Corp Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
I wish the Obama had gone to the mattresses against the republicans over extending the Bush Tax Cuts; but I am happy with the fact that he got passed 85% of what he said he would do during his campaign to become President.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =4Z90SeYwK_QXX
Furthermore, he will have time during his second term when the Democrats take back the House as he is re-elected to implement the 15% that he was unable to get through during the last 2 years.

Casselberry, FL

#13 Dec 24, 2010
Crying Orange Man wrote:
Does anyone know of a link or website that discloses the amendments that are "tacked" on to a bill and who did it? Possibly before it is signed and becomes law. I know of LegiStorm.com , but they only do earmarks. The government has websites to identify sponsors and co-sponsors but nothing about who "tacked" what on to a bill. The amendments crap is what is pissing most people off, as it should. Oh well, thanks in advance. Merry Christmas.
I saw Jamie Dupree from the AJC has a serious political column where he's done the leg work by listing the amendments and earmarks by originator. I saw he tweets some of it too so that will be refreshed and written over if you view it late...I don't have the link but sure you can google him for the Atlanta newspaper site.

Casselberry, FL

#14 Dec 24, 2010
Marine Corp Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
Taking some of the words from Ross Perot; "There's a Giant SUCKING Sound coming from your post."
Crying Orange Man

Sebastian, FL

#15 Dec 24, 2010
the Messiah wrote:
<quoted text>I saw Jamie Dupree from the AJC has a serious political column where he's done the leg work by listing the amendments and earmarks by originator. I saw he tweets some of it too so that will be refreshed and written over if you view it late...I don't have the link but sure you can google him for the Atlanta newspaper site.
Thanks, I'll check it out.
Crying Orange Man

Sebastian, FL

#16 Dec 24, 2010
First Christmas day snow predicted in Atlanta in 130 years? Didn't know that, freeze warnings for us.
Mothra

Portland, OR

#17 Dec 24, 2010
Marine Corp Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
Gone to the 'mattresses'?

Pillow fight?
Ho Lee Schitt

Madison, OH

#18 Dec 24, 2010
This just goes to show that no matter what party you vote for the average working person will still get shafted. The Democratic party has been ruined by clinton's dlc and the blue dogs. I voted for a liberal and got a wall street minion! Unfortunately there is no longer a party that looks after the interests of working Americans. Obama has been a big dissappointment!

Casselberry, FL

#19 Dec 24, 2010
Crying Orange Man wrote:
First Christmas day snow predicted in Atlanta in 130 years? Didn't know that, freeze warnings for us.
It's Global Warming you know.

Casselberry, FL

#20 Dec 24, 2010
Ho Lee Schitt wrote:
This just goes to show that no matter what party you vote for the average working person will still get shafted. The Democratic party has been ruined by clinton's dlc and the blue dogs. I voted for a liberal and got a wall street minion! Unfortunately there is no longer a party that looks after the interests of working Americans. Obama has been a big dissappointment!
Have you ever seen or heard Herman Cain?

http://draftcain.org/default.aspx

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Max Baucus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 'Revenant' author is a mystery man (Jan '16) Jan '16 Ritual Habitual 1
News Hudson: Designed to fail: Only the members of C... (Oct '15) Oct '15 Elise Gingersnick 1
News PRUDEN: Obamacare called 'The fiasco for the ages' (Jul '13) May '15 Will Dockery 20
News Scandal Threatens Montana Democrat's Hold On U.... (Aug '14) Jan '15 DCtechsonstates 46
News News Guide: Montana's 2014 elections (Nov '14) Nov '14 Ace McMillan 3
News Harry Reid's Desperate Measures (Oct '14) Oct '14 CZars_R_US 5
News Jeff Bridges Eyed by Some Anxious Montana Democ... (Aug '14) Aug '14 Le Jimbo 1
More from around the web