Congress prepares to vote on 3 trade ...

Congress prepares to vote on 3 trade agreements

There are 37 comments on the The Wichita Eagle story from Oct 12, 2011, titled Congress prepares to vote on 3 trade agreements. In it, The Wichita Eagle reports that:

Sen. Max Baucus, D-Mont., arrives for a Senate Finance Committee markup session of the Colombia, Panama, and South Korea free trade agreements on Capitol Hill on Tuesday, Oct.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Wichita Eagle.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“Open your eyes”

Since: Sep 09

Central Florida

#1 Oct 12, 2011
NAFTA Pacific. There have been rumblings of this more than three weeks ago. Hell, I even sent this to Bill to post when it broke.

People are pissed about off shoaring of jobs to China. Well, get ready, this will add more jobs overseas. All in the name of "free trade".

Will the Senate pass it? Yep. Their controled by the big corporations and mega banks of wall street.

When you hear a politician talk about jobs. Just keep in mind, due to NAFTA and soon to be NAFTA Pacific, you as workers have just gotten f*cked. And did not even get the curteousy of a reach around.

I saw a oke on here the other day. But it relates perfectly. It was bad, but, dementingly funny. It was: Obama attended the funeral of Steve Jobs. Obama said, "Finally a shovel ready jobs."

Get ready, that is all we will have left here in the US. Digging ditches and our own graves.
BandMaster

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#2 Oct 12, 2011
I'm sure it will ake things worse if this Congress is doing it.
Robert

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#3 Oct 12, 2011
There needs to be direct ties between how free our trade is and how hard it is for our exports to get into their countries.

These are the sort of things that need to be considered in the agreement,s not how they treat their labor leaders in their home countries. I hear that is what is holding up the agreement with Columbia. I am sick and tired of having to worry about how other people treat other people in other places in the world. Do you think China reviews how we treat our people before they trade with us, hell no.

All I care about is, do they buy our shit, if they do then we can buy their shit, if they don't buy our shit we ain't going to buy their shit. I imagine that is how Hank Williams Jr. would write his trade agreement but we don't have him we got Obama.

Since: Aug 10

Decatur, GA

#4 Oct 12, 2011
Hell yes....more freedom for corporations, more jobs lost for Americans.

These a-holes in Washington don't give a damn about us. They talk out of both sides of their mouth. One minute it's "we need to create jobs" the next minute it's "more free trade".

What are we going to do? It's not going to matter who we vote for next because they are all in the same club. NONE of them is for the people. NONE of them will EVER do what is best for us. Whatever they do will continue to destroy this country.
BandMaster

Location hidden

#5 Oct 12, 2011
They will probably vote to trade with Solyndra. The senate is so stupid, they probably think Solyndra is another country.
gossamer

Roseville, MI

#6 Oct 12, 2011
The Senate on Tuesday passed another trade-related bill that would raise tariffs on Chinese goods if China does not adjust its undervalued currency, which makes Chinese exports cheaper and contributes to the $273 billion U.S. trade imbalance. That legislation, however, is opposed by House GOP leaders fearful of starting a trade war with China and is unlikely to advance.

Their more scared of China than they are the voters that put their useless asses in power.

Since: May 08

Deltona Fla

#7 Oct 12, 2011
BandMaster wrote:
I'm sure it will ake things worse if this Congress is doing it.
Sounds like you need to get to Wall Street and join the protest

Since: May 08

Deltona Fla

#8 Oct 12, 2011
gossamer wrote:
The Senate on Tuesday passed another trade-related bill that would raise tariffs on Chinese goods if China does not adjust its undervalued currency, which makes Chinese exports cheaper and contributes to the $273 billion U.S. trade imbalance. That legislation, however, is opposed by House GOP leaders fearful of starting a trade war with China and is unlikely to advance.
Their more scared of China than they are the voters that put their useless asses in power.
they're not scared of China. They're scare of their corporate masters with factories in China.
jon

Eatontown, NJ

#9 Oct 12, 2011
sounds like beef, agriculture and coal for our exports. as far as death squads it's time for them to fight in columbia. if congress keeps it simple without any other b.s., there's nothing wrong with these exports.
BandMaster

Location hidden

#10 Oct 12, 2011
swampmudd wrote:
<quoted text>Sounds like you need to get to Wall Street and join the protest
You mean to march with the "Pee Party" No thanks. I'd rather stay here and talk about Solyndra and Fast and furious and how much I like Herman Cain.

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

#16 Oct 12, 2011
gossamer wrote:
Really? Let me ask you something, if we went into a "Trade War" with China, who do you think would come out on top? I'll give you a hint, the first letter of the country starts with 'C'.

Awww shit! I forgot, Democrats WANT the USA to collapse and be beholden to China. I'm sorry. You are correct, damm those Republicans!

Location hidden

#17 Oct 12, 2011
gossamer wrote:
You brain dead lemming liberals are something else. Talk HYPOCRISY! You bitch whine moan like a little girl about NAFTA and Free-Trade. Now the Republicans are trying to halt Free-Trade expansion and now you bitch whine moan like little school girls. And I will bet 100:1 every last fcuking one of you will blame it on Republicans.
LostForWords

Jefferson City, MO

#18 Oct 12, 2011
Warren Buffet deceptively implies that these entrepreneurs pay NO taxes. No taxes for education, nothing for highways/road, police, fire, and other social services. They're just a bunch of freeloaders sponging off the rest of us.

Nonsense.

Those who rank in the top 1% of the income chart provide 38% of federal revenue. The top 5% account for 59% of federal taxes. The top 50% dole out a whopping 97% of the total take.

That means the remaining 50% manage to escape with a meager 3% of the bill -- and a great many of those pay zero. And every politician in Washington knows this.

Those who traffic in class envy hope that Americans don't know these tax facts. They hope to foment resentment that will translate into votes for more spending, transferring money from those wicked wealthy, who don't deserve what they have, to us, who deserve to get more of what they have.
http://www.realclearreligion.org/printpage/...
gossamer

Roseville, MI

#19 Oct 12, 2011
DavidH64 wrote:
<quoted text>
You brain dead lemming liberals are something else. Talk HYPOCRISY! You bitch whine moan like a little girl about NAFTA and Free-Trade. Now the Republicans are trying to halt Free-Trade expansion and now you bitch whine moan like little school girls. And I will bet 100:1 every last fcuking one of you will blame it on Republicans.
I'm not a Liberal.

The US legislation's backers, an unusual coalition of Democrats and Republicans, have said it is time for Washington to take on Beijing, and predict a boost in the yuan will make Chinese workers wealthier and more likely to buy US goods, thus creating jobs and narrowing the trade gap.

http://www.newsmaxworld.com/global_talk/Chine...

Location hidden

#20 Oct 12, 2011
gossamer wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not a Liberal.
The US legislation's backers, an unusual coalition of Democrats and Republicans, have said it is time for Washington to take on Beijing, and predict a boost in the yuan will make Chinese workers wealthier and more likely to buy US goods, thus creating jobs and narrowing the trade gap.
No you just want to blame the GOP for the actions made by Liberals. As evident you are already accusing the GOP because they won't pass expansion on free-trade which will cripple us more.

Really? You believe that crap? From NewsCrap? LMAO! You think that by the USA boosting the Chinese Yuan will create jobs in USA and boost our economy? Really? Yea keep that dream alive, I will remain with my feet firmly planted in reality.

Is that anything like Obama's spending over a trillion dollars to create jobs? Is that the same idea? ROFLMAO! We all know how well that went. So his next big idea is, "Hey let's boost China's economy, make their dollar even stronger, and it will make jobs here and boost our economy!"

It sure will!!!! When we become China! Which seems to be the path Obama is pushing us towards and his goal. It is a known fact he, as his staff, believes Mao Tse Tung philosophies should be applied to the USA.

Location hidden

#21 Oct 12, 2011
Once this passes, our economy continues to collapse, jobs keep disappearing to China, the Democrats will turn and blame the GOP for this. Denying any and all responsibility or hand in it, just as they do today with NAFTA.

“Truth to Power!”

Since: Apr 07

Raleigh, NC

#22 Oct 12, 2011
swampmudd wrote:
<quoted text>Sounds like you need to get to Wall Street and join the protest

What kind of stupid flowking Idiot GOES to Wall Street to Protest CONGRESS?

An Idiotcrat!

An Astro-Turfed Idiotcrat.

“Truth to Power!”

Raleigh, NC

#23 Oct 12, 2011

Say NO to Obama's Job Killing NAFTA Pacific.

It will only make the employment situation worse.

“Truth to Power!”

Raleigh, NC

#24 Oct 12, 2011
gossamer wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not a Liberal.

That's a very poor argument. A slight or modest rise in the yuan does virtually Nothing to close the price gap between low cost labor countries products and the US.

Additionally, spending habits are pretty much set and most of the country will NOT become wealthier from currency manipulation.

Obama's NAFTA Pacific & South America is Another Massive Mistake.

“Truth to Power!”

Raleigh, NC

#25 Oct 12, 2011

Smart people need to Stop idiot Obama's NAFTA.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Max Baucus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 'Revenant' author is a mystery man (Jan '16) Jan '16 Ritual Habitual 1
News Hudson: Designed to fail: Only the members of C... (Oct '15) Oct '15 Elise Gingersnick 1
News PRUDEN: Obamacare called 'The fiasco for the ages' (Jul '13) May '15 Will Dockery 20
News Scandal Threatens Montana Democrat's Hold On U.... (Aug '14) Jan '15 DCtechsonstates 46
News News Guide: Montana's 2014 elections (Nov '14) Nov '14 Ace McMillan 3
News Harry Reid's Desperate Measures (Oct '14) Oct '14 CZars_R_US 5
News Jeff Bridges Eyed by Some Anxious Montana Democ... (Aug '14) Aug '14 Le Jimbo 1
More from around the web