GOP Rejects Dems Offer In 'Super Committee'

Oct 26, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: KTVU Oakland

Democrats on the so-called "super committee" proposed during a closed meeting Tuesday a $3 trillion plan designed to slash the federal deficit but Republicans swiftly and decisively rejected it because it relied heavily on tax increases, according to several congressional sources from both parties.

Comments (Page 10)

Showing posts 181 - 192 of192
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
brad

Manchester, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2011

Don Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
What have you been smoking?? No way anyone sane could make such a statement. You must have severe dementia to have forgotten the disastrous economy under the first 6 years of bush. How could anyone forget how bush kept blaming Clinton for the horrible economy? No, Reaganomics, voodoo, trickle down economics was a disaster for the nation. No amount of rewriting history will make people forget it.
I don't know about you but my paycheck and personal investments were a lot bigger and more secure 4 years ago than they are today.
You can blame Santa Clause for all I care but this administration has done me no favors or shown any promise what-so-ever.
Thats how short my memory is.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2011

Judged:

Don Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
What have you been smoking?? No way anyone sane could make such a statement. You must have severe dementia to have forgotten the disastrous economy under the first 6 years of bush. How could anyone forget how bush kept blaming Clinton for the horrible economy? No, Reaganomics, voodoo, trickle down economics was a disaster for the nation. No amount of rewriting history will make people forget it.
Prove me wrong with facts moron or just blow away with the rest of the trash.
Mary E

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2011

Judged:

We were all better off 4 years ago, and we will be better off 2 years from now. The Democrats are sabotaging their own President, because he is destroying the party. They want him out as much as the rest of America. He will leave with plenty of money stashed overseas, and will want for nothing for the rest of his life.

“Festina lente”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2011

Judged:

Mary E wrote:
We were all better off 4 years ago, and we will be better off 2 years from now. The Democrats are sabotaging their own President, because he is destroying the party. They want him out as much as the rest of America. He will leave with plenty of money stashed overseas, and will want for nothing for the rest of his life.
If this keeps up, he'll enjoy the same luxurious isolation Bin Laden did for so many years.
brad

Manchester, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2011

Judged:

Mary E wrote:
You aint seen nothing yet.
Wait till Michelle backs the moving van up to the White House.
Gonna make the Clintons look like dime store shop lifters.
Who

Stockton, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2011

harvey wrote:
<quoted text>
Mor problems from Wall St. where corporate types, from traders to CEOs, make SEVEN or EIGHT figure salaraies, bonuses, and benefits despite having crashed the economy in the first place.
to the Right, "economics" means "give everything to the rich!"
What about the athlete who makes $250,000,000 a year to kick a ball? What about the benefits they get?
Don Joe

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2011

Judged:

Mary E wrote:
Better off 4 years ago??? In what way? That is like saying in 1935 that we were better of in 1931. Completely untrue.

Democrats sabotaging their own president? Yes, along with all the republicans. The problem is Obama keeps "negotiating" with the GOP, giving them everything they want, and giving nothing to his base, or the American people. Obama is a republican in everything but name. Instead of standing up to the GOP Obama caves at every chance.

We won't be better off in two years, because either Obama will win re-election and nothing will change, or a republican will win and things will get much worse.
Don Joe

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2011

Judged:

brad wrote:
<quoted text>
You aint seen nothing yet.
Wait till Michelle backs the moving van up to the White House.
Gonna make the Clintons look like dime store shop lifters.
Just as long as they don't trash the place as badly as bush did. We can't afford repeated fumigations to get rid of all the parasites.
Kenny

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2011

Judged:

The only people who ever disrespected the W H were the Ckintons, and their drugged up aide. They were almost as corrupt as the Chicago Obama's.
Don Joe

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2011

Judged:

brad wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know about you but my paycheck and personal investments were a lot bigger and more secure 4 years ago than they are today.
You can blame Santa Clause for all I care but this administration has done me no favors or shown any promise what-so-ever.
Thats how short my memory is.
My salary was 30% higher in 2000 than it is today. Everyone I know makes much less than they did 11 years ago. Not withstanding the lower pay, I have received numerous promotions, managing many other people doing what I have demonstrated many times. Those people working for me make much less than I did doing that same job.

The economy went bad on 9/11/2001 and has not recovered. I know there are ways to make the statistics look like things when bad later, particularly when you include the housing bubble, but employment, when really bad on 9/11.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2011

Judged:

Don Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
My salary was 30% higher in 2000 than it is today. Everyone I know makes much less than they did 11 years ago. Not withstanding the lower pay, I have received numerous promotions, managing many other people doing what I have demonstrated many times. Those people working for me make much less than I did doing that same job.
The economy went bad on 9/11/2001 and has not recovered. I know there are ways to make the statistics look like things when bad later, particularly when you include the housing bubble, but employment, when really bad on 9/11.
hmmmmmmmm ok then let the expensive emplyees go and kept you. You are either the best of the worst or the worst of the best......which is it?
harvey

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2011

Judged:

Le Spambo wrote:
<quoted text>IS AMERICA READY? Is America ready for one and a half black candidates for President………Obama isn’t…..America is.
Hint: playing the race card repeatedly won't get it for you, spambot.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 181 - 192 of192
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••